PDA

View Full Version : Camera Show and get together

David Brown
09-13-2010, 05:12 PM
DFW

Local "camera show" is coming up on October 2-3. These shows are getting to be less and less to see, but I propose at least making it an excuse for a DFW "get-together". There are some Starbucks in the area (Grapevine) and there is always the Main Street Bakery. Open to ideas, but how about a breakfast/coffee meet up on Saturday morning (Oct 2) and then those that wish can go over to see what's for sale.

:)

http://www.donsphotoequipment.com/

(no affiliation with Don)

photomc
09-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Should be able to make it, creek don't rise or any of that stuff...Been a while since I made it to a camera show, should be fun.

Casey Kidwell
09-13-2010, 05:58 PM
I enjoyed the last one. I passed up an npc pro head and a mint widelux and I'm still mad about it. I like to laugh at the prices on Don's stuff too.

rbender
09-13-2010, 09:18 PM
I also can probably make it. David I think I saw you driving away from the last show as I was driving in. I would probably try and go the first morning so as not to miss anything, if there is anything to be had. I don't think I have bought a thing in the last 3 shows. Gotta keep trying :)

David Brown
09-14-2010, 08:26 AM
David I think I saw you driving away from the last show as I was driving in. I would probably try and go the first morning so as not to miss anything, if there is anything to be had. I don't think I have bought a thing in the last 3 shows. Gotta keep trying :)

Yeah, Robert, it didn't take me long the last time. Although I recall I did buy a few things, but do not recall what they were. Must not have been significant ... :confused:

David Brown
09-14-2010, 08:34 AM
The folks over on LF forum have proposed Main Street Bakery @ 8:30am on Saturday, 10/2. I say that's a Time & Place.

Don't forget to go to Don's website and print out a coupon for $1 off entrance to the show.

lee
09-17-2010, 02:26 PM
I might try and make that show David might be fun then it might not be.

lee\c

Exeter2010
09-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Main Street Bakery in Grapevine. I'll be there if I'm not working, it would be nice to finally meet up with a few more DFW photographers. There are a few guys from LFF that I've had the opportunity to go out on a shoot with recently, I'll forward this and see if they are interested in attending too...

If the location or date changes before 10/2 you'll post here and let us know?

David Brown
09-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Same time, but moved to the Original Pancake House.

http://www.originalpancakehousedallas.com/Grapevine-William-D-Tate.aspx

David Brown
09-28-2010, 02:27 PM
4 day warning ;)

photomc
09-28-2010, 05:46 PM
I don't know David, weather is so nice now and supposed to continue through the weekend....it could be just too darn nice .... Oh wait that is a good thing.

Looking forward to it,nice weather and all.

David Brown
09-28-2010, 07:33 PM
I don't know David, weather is so nice now and supposed to continue through the weekend....it could be just too darn nice ...

The camera show won't take all day. ;)

rbender
09-28-2010, 07:50 PM
So far so good. Should be there.

David Brown
10-01-2010, 07:04 AM
bump - 24 hour reminder.