PDA

View Full Version : Next print showing get-together?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

seoirse
11-10-2010, 05:03 AM
Will we knock on the door beside the gallery or or is there a doorbell or ask in there to be let up sorrys just never been there and hopen i find it even lol
Looking forward to what i will see

Des, I will be picking up that camera and flash for you from Fintan tomorrow. So make sure you bring a camera bag or something to ensure that the gear doesn't get wet.

Do you know what time you will be able to get up to Camden St ? I would like to meet slightly earlier with Vincent and whoever else in the West Coast Coffee cafe just down from the venue and if we had time we might even nip across the road to the legends that are John & Louise Gunn who have the best little camera shop in western Europe as far as most people are concerned.

I will send my mobile number to you by pm.

George.

Vincent Brady
11-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Yes very kind of you Vincent to buy the coffee's :)

Did I say that?:confused:

paulgallinule
11-10-2010, 04:57 PM
What about Tea Vincent ?, not fond of coffee at all.

Des Crowley
11-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Kool hopen get 9 train from Limerick up so shud be in dublin b4 12 and shud be able find my way up to Coffe shop by 130 or 2 i hope lol not best at finden my way around dublin but shud be oks

seoirse
11-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Kool hopen get 9 train from Limerick up so shud be in dublin b4 12 and shud be able find my way up to Coffe shop by 130 or 2 i hope lol not best at finden my way around dublin but shud be oks

That's great so.

By the way, fair play to Fintan.

As good as his word he met with me this morning and I have that camera and flash to pass on to you for your young friend.

See you Saturday,
George.

Des Crowley
11-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Kool thank you George and Fintan too Will be good start for Celine :D

Des Crowley
11-11-2010, 12:21 PM
hi im so so so so sorry but haven some family problems and cannt make it im so sorry for the short the notice but cannt make it up really hate that cannt make up and im sorry

thefizz
11-11-2010, 01:02 PM
No problem Des, maybe next time.

seoirse
11-11-2010, 03:34 PM
No problem Des, maybe next time.

+1 Des.

Don't worry about it. :)

dustfree
11-12-2010, 01:06 PM
hi all, long time no post.....went back to college in september and have discovered that the day's not long enough anymore, in fact, the week's not long enough, for all i have to do!so unfortunately i won't make it tomorrow. haven't been in my darkroom, my lovely new darkroom, since the summer. hoping that i'll begin to get a better handle on things for the next time, at least have some fresh prints to bring in. all the best, there's loads going so it should be fun:) will def come to the next one, regards june

paulgallinule
11-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Thanks guys, enjoyed that print showing today, look forward to next years, Paul

seoirse
11-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Lots of impressive work on display today.

We had a lot of good laughs too.

Thanks Vincent for organising the venue.

Maybe we will be able to meet sometime in December for a shoot ?

Rafal Lukawiecki
11-14-2010, 04:23 AM
I also wanted to thank Vincent for organizing the showing and I would like to thank everyone for your encouragement and good advice. I find these meetings extremely helpful, and of course fun to attend. As a result of the feedback you gave me at the previous one in spring I have reprinted two of my pictures in a way that is more expressive, I think.

By the way, may I ask what is Eddie's nickname on APUG? I'd love to ask him about that Wicklow supplier of conservation mount board.

See you all again, and thanks,
Rafal

seoirse
11-14-2010, 06:50 AM
I also wanted to thank Vincent for organizing the showing and I would like to thank everyone for your encouragement and good advice. I find these meetings extremely helpful, and of course fun to attend. As a result of the feedback you gave me at the previous one in spring I have reprinted two of my pictures in a way that is more expressive, I think.

By the way, may I ask what is Eddie's nickname on APUG? I'd love to ask him about that Wicklow supplier of conservation mount board.

Rafal

Rafal,

Eddie is known the world over as monosnaps.

Best of luck with your expo in Krakow. I'm sure it will be a huge success !

Regards,
George.

damienm
11-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Sounds like a great meetup. I regret I could not make it, something I only found out quite late in the day, but look forward to the next one.

Martin - my apologies, I was looking forward to seeing that Berlin print, and having a chat about shooting in Berlin before I head over there in a month or two.

George - I've been busy the last month or two pressing your old Durst into service, and look forward to having some finished prints to show for my efforts at the next meetup, with more than a small nod to Peter for all the knowledge gleaned from several of his workshops! :)

Damien

thefizz
11-14-2010, 10:09 AM
I'd also like to thank Vincent for organising the venue again.

Sorry you missed it Damien. Expecting great things from you next time ;)

seoirse
11-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Sounds like a great meetup. I regret I could not make it, something I only found out quite late in the day, but look forward to the next one.

Martin - my apologies, I was looking forward to seeing that Berlin print, and having a chat about shooting in Berlin before I head over there in a month or two.

George - I've been busy the last month or two pressing your old Durst into service, and look forward to having some finished prints to show for my efforts at the next meetup, with more than a small nod to Peter for all the knowledge gleaned from several of his workshops! :)

Damien

Pity you couldn't make it Damien.

Glad to hear you are getting some use out of the Durst. It's a fine enlarger.
Ironically the Durst I replaced it with sat down on me a couple of weeks back (a problem with a ceramic lampholder) and I could not show any of my new work yesterday.

However, at the next meet up I will have that situation rectified.

Talk soon,
George.

damienm
11-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Expecting great things from you next time ;)

Lol, hoping to get a few decent chunks of time in the darkroom over the next few months, and see if I can't tame a few of those problematic negatives with some of the techniques you showed :)

Glad to hear you are getting some use out of the Durst. It's a fine enlarger.
Ironically the Durst I replaced it with sat down on me a couple of weeks back (a problem with a ceramic lampholder) and I could not show any of my new work yesterday.

George, it's proven itself a great little machine. It's done a little travelling (moved twice), but it has a permanent home now in my little darkroom in Waterford, and I usually get to put it through its paces every third week when I'm down there.

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your own enlarger - I'm sure it will take more than that to keep you down! :)

Damien

monosnaps
11-15-2010, 01:37 PM

Rafal

Rafal

Put up the details on Vincents new questions and answers post.

monosnaps
11-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks again to everyone, great afternoon, always enjoy these sessions. I was late in so missed the coffee meet up before the main event. A bit of lunch before the meet up is a nice idea we might develop for the next one.