PDA

View Full Version : Next print showing get-together?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

thefizz
09-20-2010, 08:21 AM
I ran into June on Saturday outside Gunns and we were talking about the next get-together, wondering when it might be. I think this time of year was suggested at our last meeting so maybe we should try to organise something soon.

Any suggestions for a date in October? Maybe a venue where we can combine some shooting and print showing? Or just use Dublin Camera Club again (if allowed Vincent?) for a few hours of print showing?

Peter

Vincent Brady
09-20-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm sure there will be no problem in getting the use of DCC for a Saturday afternoon, I will check it out and report back. What does occur to me is how many people will have new work to show? I know that I've been less than active in the darkroom for the last few months. Perhaps a meeting near the end of October would suit most people. And thanks for raising the subject Peter, I feared that we might be on the decline judging from the lack of activity on the site for the last few months.

Cheers
Vincent

MOPS
09-20-2010, 04:44 PM
End of October would suit me better as need a bit more time to get some printing done in the darkroom. Last Saturday in Oct. is 30th, 23rd is B/H W/e. DCC location was great last time out, but would be nice if we could go somewhere to get our kit out....Brian

martinhughesireland
09-20-2010, 05:16 PM
I have enjoyed the meet ups we have had so far and do feel that they have helped my printing allot. Lets keep it going... If people need another month I think we should wait till the end of October or even mid November

We should try to organise a meet up for taking pictures in early December also if there is any interest? (maybe in another thread) I think its best to keep print showing and meeting to take pics separate as its allot to do both in the same day?

thefizz
09-21-2010, 03:25 AM
November is actually better for me so any Saturday should be fine for a print showing meet up. I'm also keen on a get-together in December for some shooting.

I also have few new prints made since the last meeting but setting a date for the next one will get me motivated :)

seoirse
09-22-2010, 04:37 PM
We had a meet on Dec 5th last year in Carlingford and it was both pleasant to be on and we got some very decent pictures from it.

I wouldn't mind if we had another meet up around Nov/Dec again.

paulgallinule
09-23-2010, 02:17 AM
Hi all, are newcomers welcome at these events, if it's ok I'd be ok for a meetup later in the year, may only be able to produce average prints, no giggling allowed I assume when it comes to newcomers putting images out on the table I assume, (only Joking of course).

thefizz
09-23-2010, 03:20 AM
Everyone is welcome Paul. We are here to help each other :)

paulgallinule
09-23-2010, 08:29 AM
Like the sounds of this, I'll keep an eye out for this and hope to make.

dustfree
09-25-2010, 03:17 PM
hi all, mid november would suit me better too, havn't actually printed any of the pics i took in castletown:( at least that will give me a bit of time....! definitely we should keep up the meet and shows, its a great impetus i think, june

thefizz
09-28-2010, 03:17 AM
So how about Saturday 13th November for a print showing get-together? Who's available for that date?

I should also be free any other Saturday that month if a different date suited most people.

martinhughesireland
09-28-2010, 08:10 AM
13th is fine by me. Its my birthday that day so if it goes ahead I want lots of presents...

Vincent Brady
09-29-2010, 03:35 AM
So how about Saturday 13th November for a print showing get-together? Who's available for that date?

I should also be free any other Saturday that month if a different date suited most people.

I checked in the club last night and it looks okay for our Sat. meeting on the 13th Nov. We should aim for that date and I will confirm closer to our meet up.

Vincent

Vincent Brady
09-29-2010, 02:31 PM
13th is fine by me. Its my birthday that day so if it goes ahead I want lots of presents...

Martin sorry about this, but fire regulations won't allow us to have a birthday cake with candles.:D

damienm
09-30-2010, 01:14 AM
The meet-ups are a great idea, and would love to make this next one, my first one.

Hopefully, I can begin to do some justice to Georges old enlarger :)

Damien

thefizz
09-30-2010, 03:58 AM
Great to have you on board Damien, hopefully we might get a few other new members to come along.

damienm
09-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Looking forward to it - will give me a date to aim for final prints :)

paulgallinule
09-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi guys would love to make it to my first get together but the IPF shield is on the next day and I've to go and help the club out, my good patient wife wont allow a full weekend devoted to photography, will try to make next meet up, wouldn't mind but I do have a few prints ready that I'd love to get feedback on, Paul.

monosnaps
10-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Sounds good to me the 13th November, have enjoyed all the meet ups so looking forward to this one, I have a few prints ready but the extra few weeks might entice me to do a few more. Vincent was saying there has not been too much activity around here so maybe posting it on PI as well might spread the word, what do you think.

Vincent Brady
10-02-2010, 03:51 PM
"posting it on PI as well might spread the word, what do you think. "

What occurs to me regarding this approach is that digital workers might assume that it is a print showing afternoon and not spot the fact that it is intended for analog workers only. But I would like to see other people's opinion.

Vincent