PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Area Gathering, November or December 2010

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

jp80874
10-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Maybe we should set up a conga line of LF cameras in front of the house. We would probably draw enough attention that the newspapers and TV will come and really promote the house and the tour. What are friends for?

John

Jeff Bannow
11-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Thinking about it Jeff. Our house is on the Livonia Christmas walk the first Saturday in December.
I'll check and see if I need to be around.

Jerry

Hope you can make it - should be a fun time.

silke s
11-04-2010, 11:48 AM
We are in.

yes, camping with the Bannows is quite an adventure.

Jeff Bannow
11-04-2010, 01:03 PM
We are in.

Glad to have you & Dan joining us!

Dan Henderson
11-04-2010, 03:00 PM
We are in.

See Jeff, you thought it was just me!

Good to see you here, Silke. I didn't know you were an apugger. Did Dan buy you that 150 and extension tube yet???

daleeman
11-11-2010, 07:00 AM
Jeff,
How is that new2U Hasselblad?

Getting close to the big after turkey Detroit gathering, Do you two have a handful of suggested places to go shoot yet? Are we going into the crumbling old manufacturing part of town and do I need to bring my armored personnel carrier? :whistling:

Lee

Jeff Bannow
11-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Jeff,
How is that new2U Hasselblad?

Getting close to the big after turkey Detroit gathering, Do you two have a handful of suggested places to go shoot yet? Are we going into the crumbling old manufacturing part of town and do I need to bring my armored personnel carrier? :whistling:

Lee

Just showed it to Dave Easterwood (a great repair guy for Hasselblads and other cameras as well) and other than a bit of wear on the backplate and a previous battery corrosion issue which seems to be cleaned up properly, it is in great shape. Thanks again for the tip!

I'm working on a list of shooting locations. If we decide to go abandoned, the access comes and goes quite a bit. What is open this week might not be in December. Very soon I'll be getting more details out to all of those who have expressed an interest though.

daleeman
11-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Just showed it to Dave Easterwood (a great repair guy for Hasselblads and other cameras as well) and other than a bit of wear on the backplate and a previous battery corrosion issue which seems to be cleaned up properly, it is in great shape. Thanks again for the tip!

I'm working on a list of shooting locations. If we decide to go abandoned, the access comes and goes quite a bit. What is open this week might not be in December. Very soon I'll be getting more details out to all of those who have expressed an interest though.

Glad the camera will turn out some great photos. Do you think Dave Easterwood could give my A16 back a once over? CHEAP? It has started to leak light. I am very fond of the sq format, but squeezing a few extra frames on a roll is a good thing, even if it all has to be 645. I could mail it up and then pick it up if that might work. Talk to Dave and let me know before I spend all the Christmas money on the family :D

Sue and I are going to Hocking Hills tomorrow and 1/2 of Saturday to get away and do some scouting before the snow moves in for the winter. Will report later in the frozen film forum. ~ Lee ~

Jeff Bannow
11-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Just a note - I just sent out details via PM here on APUG. If you are interested in coming and didn't get the PM, please let me know and I'll send it over.

Hope to see you all soon!

Jeff Bannow
11-23-2010, 12:09 PM
FYI - I have a few enlargers available for either free or cheap that could be picked up that weekend. Let me know if you are interested.

daleeman
12-02-2010, 04:07 AM
T-1 day and all is quiet in the forum, no one was stirring, not even a mouse.

Personally I'm excited. We might even have a little touch of "flurries" there (Sorry to use the S word, makes all that zone nine stuff more work).
Lee

Dan Henderson
12-02-2010, 06:51 AM
Hah, if it is snow that you want, you are going to the wrong side of the state. We got enough to cover the ground yesterday. See you there.
Dan

Jeff Bannow
12-02-2010, 07:17 AM
We've got a nice dusting on the ground up here, but nothing too heavy (yet). Good news is that driving conditions aren't affected here.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the next few days.

jp80874
12-02-2010, 07:24 AM
Lee won't even have to leave the state for that. We have it up here and over in Toledo. The girls and I walked yesterday and if it hadn't been for that deer carcass they found (Should I bring the appetizers?), they would have just as soon stayed in the warm kitchen. See you all Friday night.

John

Toffle
12-02-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm looking forward to the weekend, too. I have another commitment on Friday evening, but will be up bright and early on Saturday. (which means I'll have to behave myself Friday night) I hope we have a good crowd. Dress warm!

Cheers,

htimsdj
12-02-2010, 03:14 PM
I am looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. I'm planning on leaving my office by 2:30, which should give me enough time to get there by 6:30.

I have a new toy to share, and its not the one I mentioned last. I got what I thought was a great deal on something, so I'll bring it to share and shoot with!

Jeff

Jeff Bannow
12-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Glad to see everyone is getting excited! We've got a good crowd coming.

daleeman
12-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Lee won't even have to leave the state for that. We have it up here and over in Toledo. The girls and I walked yesterday and if it hadn't been for that deer carcass they found (Should I bring the appetizers?), they would have just as soon stayed in the warm kitchen. See you all Friday night.

John

John,
Save me the tail and ears, great appetizers. I bet it could beat my road-kill raccoon fondue. Glad I'm lactose intolerant, I just smile when others much out and rave about the texture and flavoring.

Truly looking forward to get our and come up. Sue and I will leave about noon. to 1:30ish. We will check in and then swing by.

Any plans for dinner as a group? Or should I bring the fondue?

Lee

Jeff Bannow
12-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Yup, we're meeting at the house around 6-6:30 and heading out to dinner on Friday.

Toffle
12-02-2010, 04:08 PM
John,
Save me the tail and ears, great appetizers. I bet it could beat my road-kill raccoon fondue. Glad I'm lactose intolerant, I just smile when others much out and rave about the texture and flavoring.

Truly looking forward to get our and come up. Sue and I will leave about noon. to 1:30ish. We will check in and then swing by.

Any plans for dinner as a group? Or should I bring the fondue?

Lee

I nailed a 'possum the other night... I think he's still where I left him... Maybe I should bring him along. :D