PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Area Gathering, November or December 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

winger
12-02-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm sorry I can't join you, but hope you all have lots of fun and get many great shots!

Jeff Bannow
12-02-2010, 10:29 PM
I'm sorry I can't join you, but hope you all have lots of fun and get many great shots!

You'll be missed! Hope to see you soon Bethe.

Toffle
12-02-2010, 11:05 PM

Sorry to hear that, Bethe. Some time soon, I hope we can meet up again.

Take care.

bill schwab
12-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Getting in my car right now to come and join you folks. Haven't had time to follow the thread, so it will be a fun surprise to see who is there. Looking forward to this!

Toffle
12-04-2010, 09:05 PM
I had a great day exploring and shooting with everyone. (and now I have a new toy to play with... :D) Thanks to Jeff and Eva for hosting and Dan and Silke for acting as guides. A very exhilarating experience. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones. Right now, I'm looking for my bed. See you at the DIA tomorrow.

Cheers,

wildbill
12-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Good fun, thanks guys!

Jeff Bannow
12-04-2010, 10:44 PM
It's been a great time these past two days having everyone here. The party just headed home for the evening.

Hope to see some more faces tomorrow morning for Kertesz!

Charlie Wheelihan
12-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Thank you all again for your generous hospitality and allowing me to join in the fun. I had a great time meeting you all and a great day! Look forward to seeing you all again.

Charlie Wheelihan

Jeff Bannow
12-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Thanks to everyone who made it here to Royal Oak - it was a great success, and it seems everyone had a good time. Hopefully we can do this again soon.

Got back from the DIA this afternoon (great Kertesz exhibit BTW), and souped up all 3 rolls of 120 from this weekend. They are drying right now - can't wait to print a few.

Toffle
12-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks to everyone who made it here to Royal Oak - it was a great success, and it seems everyone had a good time. Hopefully we can do this again soon.

Got back from the DIA this afternoon (great Kertesz exhibit BTW), and souped up all 3 rolls of 120 from this weekend. They are drying right now - can't wait to print a few.

What??? We have to print too? I am so far behind with processing and printing, I don't know where to start. :)

Thanks, Jeff (and Eva, too) for a wonderful weekend... Old friends, new friends, new experiences... Even the hour spent in the gallery cafeteria was inspiring.

I set up the Grover, and lo and behold, my 203 Ektar covers 8x10. (just barely, I'm sure, but it is enough to get me started) I can't wait to get started.

Thanks again to all for the most inspiring weekend. I'd love to see prints when they are ready. (and Bill, it would be nice to see that video)

Cheers,

jp80874
12-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Thank you, Jeff and Eva. What great fun. Climbing around vacant, freezing, breezy old buildings, full of fantasy things and perils was a new and exciting experience. Nurse Eva even had foot and hand warmers for the needy amongst us. Seeing friends who visit here in Ohio, renewing friendships started at Bill Schwab’s events three and four years ago was a hoped for pleasure. The Kertesz exhibit was a delight. He has long been a book favorite, but never previously seen in original prints. The Middle Eastern and Mexican restaurants were really a pleasure, for the taste treats and the opportunity to talk with old and new friends. I would have loved to see more work from people there, but what we saw was really great.

You were wonderful hosts, knowing just how to treat and torture. I was grateful the cats did not wipe out my breathing. Even the snow held off until I was within a mile or two of home. Roommate Dan Henderson was driving right into it. Hope you and everyone else made it safely home.

Jeff and Eva, it was a tremendous success. I hope it will be the first of many more.

John Powers

Dan Henderson
12-06-2010, 07:14 AM
I made it home just in time to watch the Bears beat the Lions. The weather was good until I got within 10 miles of home, then ran into lake effect snow. Probably about 6 inches has fallen since yesterday morning.

Let me add my thanks to everyone else's to Jeff and Eva for hosting and organizing, and to Daniel and Silke for guiding. Even though I only exposed one film holder in the school, I thoroughly enjoyed exploring. The upside of that is I only have 2 sheets of film to process, and no fussing over which negative(s) to print.

Jeff Bannow
12-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Well, we had a mini-blizzard yesterday evening and ended up getting an inch or two of snow last night. They shut down I-75 a bit north of our house. Glad everyone made it home safe.

Looking forward to seeing some photos from the event!

jp80874
12-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Jeff, your timing was perfect. Thanks again.

Nine inches of powder in downtown Bath, OH this morning and still falling. If it had been anything but powder neither car would have gotten out of the driveway. Sure hope the ground is warm enough to melt it because we haven’t seen the truck that normally plows for us.

John

bill schwab
12-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Man.. What a great time I had hanging with the group for the little time I was able. Nothing like hanging with the crew. Great to see old folks and meet the new. Thanks to Jeff and Eva for getting it all together and to everyone else for showing up. I'll be expecting this to be a yearly gig! (at least)

Jeff Bannow
12-06-2010, 12:37 PM
I'll be expecting this to be a yearly gig! (at least)

We will definitely plan another gathering - this was too much fun to not continue!

daleeman
12-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Thank you, Jeff and Eva for your hospitality. I had a great time meeting everyone and sharing stories. You two make great hosts.

Sorry I had to pass on the enlarger, I really wanted it, my wife thought not until I can find a way to store it and move it in and about. Maybe next time.

Let me know what your friend things of my 645 back. Hope to get it tuned up for the frigid times in February at Hocking Hills. Hope you can all come now.

Lee

mat4226
12-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Hey there guys, got linked over this way from the Large Format Photography Forum, and if you guys don't mind a noob with an 8x10 running around with you next time around, I'd love to join in! :D

Toffle
12-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Hey there guys, got linked over this way from the Large Format Photography Forum, and if you guys don't mind a noob with an 8x10 running around with you next time around, I'd love to join in! :D

These are wonderful people. They have put up with me for years, so I'm sure that they will roll out the carpet for you. I've just moved to 8x10 this week myself. It is pretty exciting.

Cheers, and welcome to APUG,

Charlie Wheelihan
12-06-2010, 08:58 PM
I had to say thanks again to Jeff and Eva for allowing me to tag along at the last minute. It was a great time, I am grateful for the experience and for meeting a lot of new friends. And also to Daniel and Silke for their vast knowledge of the area. Totally enjoyable. And to Vinny for carting me around for the day, your company was great. So who has some shots to post?