PDA

View Full Version : BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE ROUND 12 (BPX12) - STATUS AND UPDATES

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

24x30
11-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Today I received two very nice prints from RTMoynihan. I had more luck than ccross, the prints were not bend completly. Both prints are done very well. The print of the church door has an enormous range of grey values. I know how complicated prints of the alleyway to do - respect for the result. Thank you very much.

rudi

Alex Bishop-Thorpe
11-28-2010, 05:48 AM
On that note - has the person I sent my print to received it? I was hoping that registered mail international would be quick enough, but if it's gone MIA I can send out another promptly.

My mistake on this one, UKJohn posted that he had received my print earlier in the thread (Post #40 (http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1090713)) and I totally missed it. And he even liked it, that's even better.

Laurent
11-29-2010, 07:23 AM
I finally was able to print and mail my print today, hope it reaches it's destination in good shape !

I realized I forgot to sign the accompanying letter just right after I closed the envelope, I do hope the recipient will excuse me for this !

Now I a relieved of the feeling of guilt, and can get back to shoveling show (we had an unusual 30cms last night !) and printing the last photographs of my Merry Go round project ;-)

Christopher Walrath
11-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the update, all. Sorry about the snow. I like the white stuff and all, Laurent. But after 40 inches in one week last winter, I could do without for a while. Wow, that would be about 100cm. I'm glad we count it in inches.

So, we have 13 out of 21 sent. And I am one of the guilty so don't feel bad, folks. But they will be gone this weekend. And we have 9 of 21 who report that they have received their prints(s).

I will wait until I have sent mine out before I contact my fellow laggers and compose the naughty list.

lorirfrommontana
12-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Sorry I'm running late! I had a bit of a plumbing problem in the new home's darkroom but all is well now. I'll get my prints done and out by the weekend.

Christopher Walrath
12-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Don't worry, Lori. You're in good company, indeed.

UKJohn
12-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Just to let you know that at last my print is in the post and hopefully winging its way across the pond.

Christopher Walrath
12-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks, John. Well, we're at 15 sent and 9 received from 21 participants. Not bad.

JimO
12-04-2010, 06:46 PM
sounds like you're in the middle of round 12... when it get to round 13 i'd love to participate.

i presume that by subscribing to this thread i'll be notified when that starts?

sounds like fun... (yes and some work in the darkroom!!!)

David William White
12-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Laurent! Mon ami! Your print arrived safe and sound today. Quite an interesting optical effect you captured. Thanks very much for taking the time to make this for me, but please hurry back to documenting the merry-go-round -- I've been enjoying the work you are doing there...

David.

Christopher Walrath
12-07-2010, 09:39 PM
14 of 21 sent. 10 of 21 received. This has been a good round.

Laurent
12-08-2010, 03:15 AM
Thanks David !

I'm glad it arrived in a good shape, and you liked it !

Concerning the Merry-go-round, I'm still in the darkroom (that is, when not at work, or sick, or visiting family or...) and am almost at the end of printing the 20 last rolls I shot. So you should see some "fresh" shots before end of year. The project is stopped for the winter (the city trees reclaimed their space so we had to pack all the tools), but we'll start again in next April.

Christopher Walrath
12-08-2010, 06:49 AM
Mine are in the mail. Naughty lists forthcoming.

meltronic
12-08-2010, 08:16 AM
My print went out yesterday. So it should arrive in Germany in plenty of time to be thrown out with the old Cristmas wrapping. Thanks for your patience. Matt

Christopher Walrath
12-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the update, Matt. As I said above, I have posted my prints and they are winging their way to their destination as we speak. Well, perhaps in a few hours or so. This puts us at 16 from 21 sent (only 5 stragglers) and 10 from 21 who have posted here that they received their print(s). I will send PM's out to those I have not heard from lately this evening and we shall see where we stand.

lorirfrommontana
12-08-2010, 05:16 PM
I got mine printed finally! It was my first attempt at fiber paper larger than 5x7. They are under a bunch of books at the moment will get sent by the end of the week. I'd like to get them a little flatter first and spot them! Sorry I'm such a straggler this round! It did get me printing again! I've been procrastinating but once I got started I didn't want to stop!
-Lori

Christopher Walrath
12-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Hey, the organizer got his out only today. So, no stress. Just post when it's gone.

Christopher Walrath
12-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Well, I have sent PM's and gotten a couple of updates already. Here is where we stand.

Those who have not sent yet:
JJB
djhopscotch
lorirfrommontana
5stringdeath
rst

Those who have not received yet:
ghostcount
photobum
Laurent
JJB
ccross
djhopscotch
lorirfrommontana
Keith Pitman
5stringdeath
rst

Those that have both sent/received:
Ken Nadvornick
MattKing
RTMoynihan
anikin
labcoat
24x30
UKJohn
David William White
Christopher Walrath
meltronic
Fleath

As I said, I have gotten some updates from those on these lists. No need to defend yourselves. I just sent my prints out today so I waited until after that point. If you should not be on these lists because you have sent or received as the case may be then just let us know here. I have sent PM's to all concerned.

It has been a smooth round thus far. Again, no stress. Just putting the list out there.

lorirfrommontana
12-10-2010, 03:30 AM
Mine went out 12/09!

photobum
12-12-2010, 02:47 PM
And late yesterday afternoon from the Big Sky Country two nice prints of the Yellowstone River, thanks Lori. A bulletproof packing job that not even during Christmas rush could the Post Office bend or break.

Jim Rhoades