PDA

View Full Version : BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE ROUND 12 (BPX12) - STATUS AND UPDATES

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

rst
12-14-2010, 03:16 AM
OK Chris, my print went out today - so you can put my name on the has-sent list. I hope my little kallitype will be welcome at the receiver.

And thanks to Matt you can also put my name on the has-received list. Matt sent a nice and interesting portrait which will NOT go out with Christmas wrapping.

Cheers
Ruediger

Christopher Walrath
12-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Sorry, folks. Been ill over the weekend. Bad pain. Best illness I have ever had. Because it made me not to ever want a cigarette again and I have not had one since Fri afternoon. And don't want one either. No desire for a puff whatsoever. I love it. I don't stink anymore. Well, not like that anyway.

Craig received Keith's offering as well. I'll update things when I get home this evening and then we will see where we stand. Things are tidying right up this round. Brillliant.

lorirfrommontana
12-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Hope you are feeling better. The trick now is to stay not smoking after you feel better! I'm hoping for one of those triggers to quit smoking someday. Don't know that I want a painful best illness ever to get quit though! Working in health care should be enough of one but so far (20 years of working in heal care) it hasn't done it!
-Lori

Christopher Walrath
12-14-2010, 06:49 PM
I had finally gotten to the point where my biggest problem was a real FEAR that I would never be able to have another cigarette ever again for the rest of my life. I'm just glad that something happened to strengthen my resolve and get me over the hump.

Christopher Walrath
12-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Alrighty. Here we are. The updated lists. And things are looking really good.

Not Sent:
JJB
5stringdeath
djhopscotch (was away a couple months and will send soon)

Not Received:
ghostcount
Laurent (was sent recently, though)
JJB
djhopscotch
lorirfrommontana
Keith Pitman
5stringdeath

Obligations fulfilled:
Ken Nadvornick
MattKing
RTMoynihan
anikin
labcoat
24x30
UKJohn
David William White
Christopher Walrath
meltronic
Fleath
photobum
rst
ccross

Only three not sent and only seven not received. Two I have had no contact with. Most are getting there soon. So I think all will be will. Thank you for your patience, all.

Laurent
12-16-2010, 10:45 AM
I received two very nice prints from Chris today, so I guess I can be off the infamous list ;)

I still have to decide which one I like the most, is it the quiet morning pond, or the machinery detail (yes I am heavily biased towards such details, but I do love landscapes also)

Thanks a lot my friend !

Christopher Walrath
12-16-2010, 07:39 PM
You are welcome.

lorirfrommontana
12-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Just received a beautiful print from John Edwards. The Yorkshire Dales is one of those places that I have always wanted to visit. I love this exchange!
-Lori

UKJohn
12-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Lori,

Really pleased that the print arrived in one piece and it's a bonus that you like it.

John

Christopher Walrath
12-20-2010, 08:05 PM
OK then. Three not sent yet and an additional two not received. 16 of 21 are done.

We're gonna have the Round 13 signups starting in a week and a half, after the holidays. I hope that We hear some good news shortly thereafter.

5stringdeath
12-21-2010, 04:29 PM
First ... received a lovely Kallitype today from R. Stobbe (Germany) ... such an awesome print and I love the alternative process. Thanks so much! I'm quite fascinated that it was made with your Nikon FM-2, as I just obtained one myself. Again, thanks so much.

Second ... I have wrapped up a semester of both working and teaching and got overwhelmed ... add a bit of procrastination .. yes my print is late going out. I promise it will hit the mail next week after XMAS weekend, and I apologize to my recipient for the delay :-)

Greg

Christopher Walrath
12-22-2010, 11:56 AM
No prob on the delay, Greg. Given circumstances it's perfectly understandable. Thanks for the update, though.

rst
12-22-2010, 12:22 PM
... Second ... I have wrapped up a semester of both working and teaching and got overwhelmed ... add a bit of procrastination .. yes my print is late going out. I promise it will hit the mail next week after XMAS weekend, and I apologize to my recipient for the delay :-)
Send the print I sent to you to your recipient and you are done :whistling:

Cheers
Ruediger

Christopher Walrath
12-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Devious, Rudy.

rst
12-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Yes Chris, but that way we only need one print for the whole exchange :laugh:

Cheers
Ruediger

5stringdeath
12-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Send the print I sent to you to your recipient and you are done :whistling:

Cheers
Ruediger

Haha, no way :p

Christopher Walrath
12-22-2010, 02:28 PM
So we could start a travelling gallery kinda thing, right?

rst
12-22-2010, 03:41 PM
I think there is already a travelling portfolio action going on here on APUG.

Cheers
Ruediger

Christopher Walrath
12-25-2010, 08:11 PM
I know. I really had no intention of doing that. I would like to keep that which I receive.

5stringdeath
12-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Print mailed today .....