PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 21 - Comments and feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15

Black Dog
01-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Mike-thanks for the appreciative comment. I\ll try a larger print now!

rai
01-13-2011, 02:54 AM
Greetings to everyone! Have reached more than 5 photos in total 11 of 25:
Mooseontheloose: finally arrived! nice shot! good shot, detail and above all feelings, good feelings. I love to see this picture in large size.
Ruediger: another pinhole, it seems that you are surrounded by bridges! beautiful landscape with a large range of gray and a special light!
Rtbadman: good photo! surface reflections always make us think of anything else! or not! just a picture that enjoy!
Mark Rewald: Your image suggests to me strength, power and beauty with a perfect tonal range!
Rob Skeoch: Good shot! I suggest loneliness and memories .... excellent image! for a good emulsion, although it would put a little more weight to the paper.
Thanks!

Oxleyroad
01-13-2011, 04:42 AM
Rtbadman - great reflections. I thought it was a shot through stair and railway/road overpass steel guard mesh. It took a second look to see it was glass and glass. it got me so love it.

9 to go...

mooseontheloose
01-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Received Jason's postcard today of the stacked boats -- really nice lighting on a simple subject. Thanks!

Nine more to go...looking forward to them!

Rob Skeoch
01-15-2011, 09:32 AM
I received Roger's shot of the office reflection... very nice use of the lines and distorsions.
Also Kracker's "At the Fair" .... nice tones throughout this image. I like the paper as well.
-Rob Skeoch

Laurent
01-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Yesterday I received rtbadman's reflections. Great use of the lines and perspectives.

Today, it was Tim Gray's American Footbal view. Unusual (at least for me !) view of the Stadium, and the perspective on this giant flag is quite amazing !

mike c
01-15-2011, 03:30 PM
Just received Tim's card also,and that flag is Hugh and so the crowd. Interesting fact about the film the Nfl use's,that's a lot too.

Mike

Laurent
01-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Today's been a great day !!

I received my Bifrost (sci-fi mag, the best one I've ever got. Unfortunately for felloow APUGers it's in French), the expected hammers (same ones as the ones we use on the Merry Go Round). This Bifrost issue has the "Razzies" awards : the awards of the worse Sci-Fi for 2010 (I know, I'm a nasty mean guy, but I really like these !)

And then... two additional cards :

Dr Zish's rocks. I like the "dynamics" of the rocks, one could almost feel the forces that pressed them together.

Wayne Frederick's Prandegg castle, very nice perspective from an unusual point of view (at least for the castles I know).

Thanks !

djhopscotch
01-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Sorry for the delay, put my postcards in the post today.

ozphoto
01-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Tim's NFL image has found its way to Bangkok! - Love the perspective; have always wanted to get to a game, but never had the chance to do so.
Great timing as my team has just snuck into the AFC Championship! :D

mooseontheloose
01-19-2011, 04:28 AM
Nanette, I think you and I are getting cards on the same day!

Never been to an NFL game, and the only CFL game I ever made it to was the Grey Cup. That being said, I've never seen such a big flag. I love the atmosphere you captured in the card Tim!

kraker
01-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Ditto, what Nanette and Rachelle said. Also received your card, Tim. The "facts and figures section" was also quite a revelation to me. I'd never have guessed that NFL shoots any (let alone that much) film. You learn something every day... Thanks!

Roger Thoms
01-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Just got djhopscotch's card today, very nice ceiling detail , must be a gorgeous building.

Roger

Roger Thoms
01-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Another card today this one from gordrob in Canada. Great shot of old 2816, very rich tones and details. I like the shot, there's a little mystery since you don't see there entire locomotive.

Roger

mike c
01-21-2011, 12:02 AM
I also received gordrob card of 2816 loco wheels,very fine detail of the workings of the machine great tonal range also.Have also a great inside view of the arches and windows of Sainte-Chapelle in Paris beautifuly done.Take with a 635 twin lens Yashica, one of the first cameras I owned.

Mike

rai
01-21-2011, 04:10 AM
Hello! in my mailbox was a postcard from Tim. I was never one of these games ... how sad!. In Spain the most likely would be a Real Madrid versus Barcelona and... that if I saw it! I think it will be like ... full of rituals ... friends, family, food, drinks, and brought much excitement and fun! Excellent postcard! very well executed!and developed! I like it!
Thanks Tim

Mick Fagan
01-23-2011, 02:33 AM
Well my postcards have been printed, and now await purchase of postage stamps on Monday, then after some serious licking, they will wend their way around the world.

I'm extremely sorry for the delay, but a medical prohibition on the darkroom was enforced the day after I had done a test print of three negatives for evaluation.

I'm pleased to announce that the tests came back negative, so I am now quite positive! :D

Mick.

rst
01-23-2011, 03:27 AM
I am glad that everything is OK on your side and I am looking forward to see your postcard.

Cheers
Ruediger

Rob Skeoch
01-23-2011, 02:25 PM
I received three while I was out of town.
Tim Gray, great shot from Brown's Stadium. I've worked a number of games there. Looks like you were in the pound.
Gordrob, nice detail in the shot of the old engine.
Wayne Frederick, that's a great angle on the old castle.

-rob

ozphoto
01-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Great to hear Mick - looking forward to your card arriving in my mailbox!!