PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 21 - Comments and feedback

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

rst
10-03-2010, 04:07 AM
Hi all,

Again, as in previous rounds, let us move from the sign-up thread to this thread to collect comments, feedback, being-late-announcements and my-cards-are-in-the-mail-messages.

I am looking forward to this new round and I hope that everybody will have fun.

Cheers
Ruediger

And here is again the list of this rounds participants:

Allen Friday (MAX)
amiett (25)
andrewkirkby (MAX)
anikin (MAX)
Aron (30)
Black Dog (MAX)
BoxBrownie (25)
bwakel (30)
crispinuk (25)
Dave Martiny (30)
djhopscotch (25)
drpsilver (MAX)
DrZish (25)
Eric Mac (MAX)
Fleath (75)
George Nova Scotia (MAX)
gordrob (30)
gurkenprinz (30)
hwv (MAX)
jeffmerlet (20)
JJB (25)
jst (15)
kraker (25)
KWhitmore (30)
Laurent (MAX)
lorirfrommontana (25)
markrewald (MAX)
MattKing (28)
Mick Fagan (MAX)
mike c (25)
Mike Wilde (30)
mooseontheloose (30)
Nige (15)
Oxleyroad (30)
ozphoto (25)
Pete H (MAX)
piu (20)
rai (25)
Rob Skeoch (MAX)
rst (MAX)
rtbadman (MAX)
Samad Asad (MAX)
stan160 (25)
Tim Gray (MAX)
Valerie (30)
Wayne Frederick (20)

And the extra addresses for those with some spare cards:

Sean Ross
P.O. Box 478
Whangaparaoa
Hibiscus Coast
New Zealand

Simon Galley
HARMAN Technology Ltd
Town Lane
Mobberley, Knutsford
Cheshire, WA16 7JL
United Kingdom

Brad Kruchten
President Film Products Group
Eastman Kodak Company
343 State Street
Rochester, New York 14650
USA

Mike Wilde
10-03-2010, 08:14 PM
My cards are now in the mail. I am looking forward to seeing what images land at my end. I sat out the last round, and it turns out there is a bit of a withdrawl....

Rob Skeoch
10-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Wow Mike that's crazy. I haven't even bought my film yet.
-rob

MattKing
10-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Wow Mike that's crazy. I haven't even bought my film yet.
-rob

I know where you can get a good price Rob, and he is Canadian too!

;)

mooseontheloose
10-03-2010, 10:42 PM
My cards are now in the mail. ...as are mine! (or most of them anyway).

Let the competition between Japan Post and Canada Post begin! (We Canadians must be an eager bunch.)

rst
10-04-2010, 12:18 AM
My cards are now in the mail.

...as are mine! (or most of them anyway).

Let the competition between Japan Post and Canada Post begin!... yes, the competition between Japan Post and Canada Post ... and the address correction PM. OK I see, the address correction already lost. :cool:

Cheers
Ruediger

Oxleyroad
10-04-2010, 12:55 AM
Damn some of you are fast off the mark:blink:

Everyone who is to receive a card from me will have to wait :(, until mid November as I will be off travelling in the far north of Western Australia with work in the second half of this month. I figure there will get great photos opportunities up there in between test schedules.

Mike Wilde
10-04-2010, 07:56 AM
... yes, the competition between Japan Post and Canada Post ... and the address correction PM. OK I see, the address correction already lost. :cool:

Cheers
Ruediger
I have two image packages all ready to go, awaiting the inevitable address corrections.

rst
10-04-2010, 10:07 AM
I have two image packages all ready to go, awaiting the inevitable address corrections.Mike, I was just joking. Up to now there are no complaints about wrong addresses. Maybe this time I did something right.

Cheers
Ruediger

Mike Wilde
10-04-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm not trying to point a finger at you Ruediger.
Usually I imagine it is more like 'Oh, I have moved since I signed up; did I forget to tell you?'

Thanks for all the work that must go into sorting this thing out, even with all the programmed work I suspect you have developed for it to date.

Anybody heard how things are going with Randy?

I recall was the originator of this mad swap before his life got too busy.

lorirfrommontana
10-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Wow! You guys are fast! I will not get mine out til mid November because of the move and setting up a new darkroom and such. I've been out taking some photos though!

rst
10-05-2010, 06:43 AM
OK, it would have been too good, but there is at least one address change to come. I will send this out later today.

Cheers
Ruediger

Nige
10-05-2010, 06:45 AM
My address was slightly incorrect... anyone with me on their list should drop the zero off the postcode (should be 3168) however I don't log into APUG every day so hadn't seen the PM of addresses.

I've printed my cards so will wait a day or two before sending in case there's some changes ;)

rst
10-05-2010, 07:06 AM
Thanks Nige for posting this here, I was not sure about making public references to participants post codes, but now that you have posted the correction anyway I can save the time and need not to send out a PM with corrections (up till now).

Cheers
Ruediger

Alex Bishop-Thorpe
10-05-2010, 07:43 PM
My postcards are printed, they're just sitting under a litho stone flattening now...I'll pull them out in a couple of weeks and pop them in the mail. My first time Printing with FomaBROM 112.
Question - how much do you obsess over the stamps you put on your postcards? I really do like cool stamps, and Australia Post issues a lot of interesting ones. I'm not into stamp collecting or anything, no...of course not.

mooseontheloose
10-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Question - how much do you obsess over the stamps you put on your postcards? I really do like cool stamps, and Australia Post issues a lot of interesting ones. I'm not into stamp collecting or anything, no...of course not.

I wouldn't really call it obsession, but I do think about it. Like you Fleath, I like interesting stamps and try to send them when i can. Luckily, in Japan, they've got some pretty cool ones, except for the postcard postage stamps (so I spend a little more to get the regular priced stamps). Although I should say for this particular round, those who get the heart-shaped stamps should not read too much into them. ;)

MattKing
10-05-2010, 11:23 PM
When Canada Post issued a series of stamps honouring Yousuf Karsh, I made a point of getting some for the Postcard Exchange.

ozphoto
10-06-2010, 12:40 AM
No such luck with interesting stamps here in TH - all printed electronically on a boring label printer, regardless of what you send. :(

mooseontheloose
10-06-2010, 12:57 AM
No such luck with interesting stamps here in TH - all printed electronically on a boring label printer, regardless of what you send. :(

Or you could order (http://www.thaistampshop.com/index_en.php) some... It seems strange they don't carry the stamps at the post office.

ozphoto
10-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Thanks for that Rachelle.
Will get my PA to check it out for me; usually she just takes them in and they print the stamps out and stick on for her.