PDA

View Full Version : Apug conference

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Aggie
08-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Is there interest in an apug conference? No conf. site designated yet. I would say where ever it is, that it should be close to an international airport with easy transportation to and from that airport. I know our own EricR is a travel agent, and could maybe tell us a good airport. I would highly suggest maybe enlisting his aid in putting together travel packages to the conf. It helps if we all support our members in their real world jobs too. We could make this a win win situation where we all work together.

jandc
08-12-2004, 06:57 PM
We would be willing to donate merchandise to be used as giveaways, prizes etc.

Aggie
08-12-2004, 07:01 PM
great! this is the kind of thing that we at apug do. I'm sure that we can have a fantastic conf. The more people think and offer to help, the more we all win and learn.

bmac
08-12-2004, 07:01 PM
Vegas baby, Vegas...

John McCallum
08-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Always wanted a good reason to visit the US :) .

Edit: er - that could be missinterpreted. Could have said "What a Great reason to visit the US!!!"

Francesco
08-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Yessss...Vegas! What an inspired thought Brian! Most of us in Europe can fly direct to Vegas.

Sean
08-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Would absolutely love to meet some of you. I'm not sure I could swing getting over there in the short term, but if you're talking 12-18 months I could probably swing it. John, got any connections at Air New Zealand? ;)

matt miller
08-12-2004, 07:17 PM
Flights to Vegas are usually pretty cheap from most places. Hotels in Vegas are reasonable as well. Lots to see around there too. Plus that whole gambling bit if you like that sort of thing. Good idea!

Aggie
08-12-2004, 07:19 PM
I use to work for a tour company our of So. Utah. I know lots of good places and things to do photography wise in and near Vegas. We could do pre and post tours if people wanted.

John McCallum
08-12-2004, 07:19 PM
John, got any connections at Air New Zealand?Actually yes :) ! (used to work for Ralph Norris - but he is a bit busy these days).

Leme think on it further.

David A. Goldfarb
08-12-2004, 07:24 PM
My parents live in Vegas, so I try to get out there once a year anyway, and though I'm not particularly enamoured of Vegas itself, there are lots of photogenic sites all around Nevada and in the region (Red Rock Canyon, Spring Mountains, Death Valley, Eureka Valley, Bristlecone Pine Forest, little ghost towns headed up toward Tonopah, Grand Canyon's not too far, Hoover Dam, and more).

John McCallum
08-12-2004, 07:27 PM
I use to work for a tour company our of So. Utah. I know lots of good places and things to do photography wise in and near Vegas. We could do pre and post tours if people wanted.
Now we're talking!
Sean, I have a good friend who was a Channel Manager for Air NZ a few years ago. She may still have some contacts there - I'll check. Also her sister has been a successful large conference organiser (whatever they call them) in London for the past 3 yrs or so. She's just come back to NZ and I'm sure would be happy to lend some advise/expertise (if it gets to that).

Jim Moore
08-12-2004, 07:29 PM
Count me in along with anything that I can do to help.

Jim

John McCallum
08-12-2004, 07:31 PM
So #1: Rough Date and Location?

Aggie
08-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Jim you won't be forgotten

David A. Goldfarb
08-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Those of us on academic schedules like summers for such things.

Aggie
08-12-2004, 07:34 PM
So #1: Rough Date and Location? we just started talking about this, we need to give it at least 24 hours to see what others think. I personally want to have it at a time we can be assured our illustrious leader SEAN can be there

John McCallum
08-12-2004, 07:38 PM
we just started talking about this, we need to give it at least 24 hours to see what others think. I personally want to have it at a time we can be assured our illustrious leader SEAN can be there
That's a given, thinking personally.

Sean
08-12-2004, 07:43 PM
I'll find a way don't worry :)

John, sounds pretty good maybe we can get some kind of deal, anything is better than nothing.

I would also like to have some group outings to visit a few galleries near by displaying top notch work..

John McCallum
08-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Expert speakers.