PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys carry your cameras in?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

bblhed
10-26-2010, 11:19 PM
It depends on what camera I'm taking where. I just loaded a Nikon backpack with lots of glass and a Nikon FA, and a cheep padded shoulder ready bag with a N90s with a Tamron lens on it for a weekend trip to PA.

I have leather cases made by Kodak for most of my Kodaks, a suitcase made for my Nikonos, and a hard sided padded case that I bought at Walmart I keep my Pentax 6X7 in. I also have a Lopro bag that can be used as a fanny pack, or backpack, it would be a huge fanny pack though, I normally carry it over my shoulder.

I also have a footlocker type trunk that I can bring all my gear in if I really wanted to.

It all depends on the destination, terrain, mode of travel, and what I want to shoot with. I have been known to carry a medium format folder in my pocket for fun as well.

John Jarosz
10-27-2010, 07:40 AM
I haven't weighed the case separately but it's fairly heavy. If you were going to backpack this you wouldn't carry all the crap I put in mine. (and you could use a smaller case.)
8x20 2D (modified) 17#
300mm Metrogon 6#
600mm Apo Ronar 3#
420 Apo Nikkor 1#
4 Filmholders ?#
Dark cloth ?#
Meter ?#
2D Extension rail 1#
Filters ?#
Misc ?#

Loaded case 70#

I've also got 15# of a Gitzo tripod that's not in the case.

That's why all this stuff is on wheels or in the truck.

Brickbird
10-27-2010, 09:25 AM
I checked the Calumet site and the case weighs 30 lbs. without Johns additions. The Calumet case though is only $210 list and I have an idea that the Pelican case #1650 which is similar is quite a bit more than that.............TW