PDA

View Full Version : SF Bay Area APUG'er "Show & Wine"

Pages : [1] 2

galyons
08-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Hey SF Bay Area folks!
Let's plan a Saturday "get together" some time in October. Perhaps October 9 or 16?

Bring prints to show, a bottle of wine, beer or whatever. Talk about favorite films, soups or baths! Maybe even some demos of tools or techniques? Something rather informal and casual. We can include the evening meal, if desired.

Depending on the the number of folks interested, I can host at my home or our development clubhouse.

I live in Pleasant Hill, (near Walnut Creek/Concord - 680/24/4) so access is easy by car, boat, bike, plane or train!

Let me know if you would like to join!

Geary

Tom Hoskinson
08-15-2004, 01:45 PM
Sounds like fun! Count me in. :cool:

Aggie
08-15-2004, 01:46 PM
If people Bart over, I live by one of the Bart stations, I can pick you up and take you to Geary's house or club house.

mark
08-15-2004, 08:20 PM
This is probably the only reason I can think of for not living in the middle of no where. Hard to socialize when things come up. On the other hand there is no other reason to live in a city so oh well... Have fun folks.

Jon Shiu
08-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Sounds great (esp. the drinking part). Also interested in seeing examples of different toning methods.

Jon

bjorke
08-15-2004, 11:14 PM
We have family in Lafayette -- we're there all the time.

jss
08-16-2004, 12:05 AM
sounds like fun. i need to much less antisocial...........

wfwhitaker
08-16-2004, 01:39 AM
What?!! And lose my anonymity?

Sure, count me in!

bmac
08-16-2004, 01:40 AM
What?!! And lose my anonymity?

Sure, count me in!

Hmmm. Maybe we should all wear Zoro Masks? I'm doing a lot of traveling in October, so I might not make it.

wfwhitaker
08-20-2004, 11:32 PM
Geary,

Any more thoughts on this? The sooner a date is decided, the sooner folks can plan for it.

grahamp
08-21-2004, 01:55 PM
Either the 9th or the 16th would work for me (at the moment anyway). Pleasant Hill is only about an hour away, even on a Saturday. I need to get out more too!

galyons
08-23-2004, 12:23 AM
Hi all,
Sorry for going quiet. Had to deliver my youngest "back-to-school" in Ohio. Let's plan on Saturday, October 9. Looks like we will have 10-12 participants. How about 4:00 pm for a BBQ supper? Bring your own beer, wine or liquor. Bring some prints along to share and, perhaps, a Bay Area shooting site suggestion to share.

Do we have a toning 'guru' that would like to share techniques. I pretty much limit to selenium.

I will PM directions later!

Cheers,
Geary

Mateo
08-23-2004, 12:55 AM
Hey, is just anyone invited? I think it would be nice to meet other photographers and see what they're up to. I promise to be well behaved.

galyons
08-23-2004, 11:16 AM
Mateo,
You are certainly welcome to join!!
Geary

galyons
09-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Just a reminder for our Bay Area APUG'er get together Saturday, October 9 around 4 PM.

Bring prints to show! Share a local shooting spot! BYOB! BBQ! and BS!

See you then,
Geary

tomtom
09-09-2004, 10:06 AM
hi geary - is it to late to join the get together? i'd love to come. i'm new to alt process and would love some advise as well as meet other photographers and see their work too :-)

tomtom
ps. share a local shooting spot?

galyons
09-11-2004, 12:46 AM
Hi tomtom,
No its not too late. You are most welcome to join. I will PM directions. Do you have a local site that you frequent and are you willing to share information about the location with others?

Cheers,
Geary

tomtom
09-11-2004, 01:20 AM
thanks geary :-) as far as a favorite spot goes, i'll have to do some thinking. what i thought was a favorite spot left me a little unmotivated this past monday. i'm hoping the problems was i didn't bring the camera i wanted to.

thanks again for the welcome. i'll look for the pm.
tomtom

galyons
09-27-2004, 07:34 PM
Just a reminder! Less than 2 weeks to our Bay Area APUG'er get together Saturday, October 9 around 4 PM.

Bring prints to show! Share a local shooting spot! BYOB! BBQ! and BS!

Please PM if you are planning to attend so I can get a rough idea on provisioning!!

See you then,
Geary

jss
09-29-2004, 03:08 PM
my stepsister decided to have a birthday party at the same time on the same day. drats! hopefully there will be another gathering i can attend for the first time :)

i've found interacting on apug must more enjoyable than attending one of the local camera clubs.