PDA

View Full Version : fuji g617 ebay

pollux
11-03-2010, 06:09 PM
i found a camera with a low shutter count of 46 on ebay in england, where i'm from. i passed up a g617 from taiwan with a 5 shutter count, and air bubbles between the lens barrel and front element. i know i must refrain from posting the link to the auction here, however can someone please summarise the common issues with a second hand g617 please? i did not go for the gx617 because the bubble level is not visible through the finder, thus limiting handheld use greatly.

Paul Sorensen
11-03-2010, 06:32 PM
I would probably make sure it has the center spot filter, since it will be a nightmare to try to find one elsewhere. Otherwise, I don't have any specific knowledge about this camera.

KEH does have some in stock, they run from about $1500 to $2100 US depending on condition and included accessories. Shipping from the US will be a bit expensive, but at least there would be a good return option with them.

http://www.keh.com/search?store=camera&brand=Brand&category=Class&k=g617&s=1&bcode=Brand&ccode=Class&grade=Grade&sprice=0&eprice=0&r=SE&e

pollux
11-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Yes it has the centre filter which is essential. i almost got one with just 50 shutter actuations, however the "scratches" were revealed to be air bubbles.

david_mizen
11-24-2010, 04:48 AM
i am not sure about your hand held comments unless you plan on using high iso film these are big heavy cameras i dont think any of the 617 cameras will have a bubble level that is visible through the finder

what subject matter are you planning to shoot?