PDA

View Full Version : Teleplus Macro 2x MC7 (manual) focusing converter

Galah
11-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Hi all,

In my constant search for better, more versatile, and more convenient close-up options I recently came across a twin of this gadget (for a description, see this link: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Teleplus-MC7-Teleconventor-2x-APK-Macro-Pentax-EXC-/230552253538 )

After trying it out, using an Asahi Pentax MX (film) camera together with a 1.7/50 SMC Pentax M lens, I have to say it is the nearest thing -in use- to a Takumar 4/100 Macro lens at a fraction of the price. :)

Very versatile, very sharp, very convenient. :D

For convenience, it beats the pants off tubes and diopters and makes a 50mm prime lens into a great walkaround outfit (although you do lose two stops of light). :)

MattKing
11-21-2010, 05:54 PM
I have a Vivitar version of something similar for my Olympus OM equipment, and I agree - they work very well.

It is a quite decent 2x tele-converter at normal distances, and then transitions seamlessly into an adjustable extension tube that gives life-size results.

I've never evaluated it for flat-field performance, but for really flexible close-up work it gives very good results.

And it converts my 50mm f/1.4 into a 100mm f/2.8 - nothing to complain about there :).

DeettaYanek
01-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Does any one have idea ,the 2x Teleplus mc7 not auto focus with my 90-300mm canon EF lens, what should I do can you give me suggestions?

Galah
01-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Mine was all manual for use with manual only lenses (Pentax K-mount), so no problem.

Does yours have electrical contacts to connect the lens through to the camera body?