PDA

View Full Version : Emulsion Makers Book Club, Selection One: Photographic Emulsions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

AgX
12-27-2010, 07:23 AM
As a side note: am behind times too, with Kirk and Bill.

Kirk Keyes
12-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Don't think I'm a total Luddite - I do own a cell phone, and I do occasionally carry it. But it's almost always turned off. I know it's selfish of me, but it's for me to to make calls on, not for everyone to be able to contact me at any time of day.

That said, my wife reminds me that I'm living in the 80s. And I have to agree - I just bought an E-Mu Emulator II sampling keyboard from 1984. It's not completely orginal as it has one of original two 5.25" floppy drives replaced with a 3.5" floppy. You know it's hard to find 3.5" DS/DD floppies these days? Actually, any 3.5" DS/HD disks are getting harder to findI've been using DS/HD ones as the Emulator and my Roland S-50 sampler both were made before high density floppies were commercially available and they just assume the HD disks are Double Density disks.

Sorry for the off-topic!

holmburgers
12-28-2010, 06:58 PM
The cell phone is the 21st century pocket watch... everything just comes full circle.

Jerevan
12-29-2010, 04:39 AM
The cell phone is the 21st century pocket watch... everything just comes full circle.

Aah, if it only had all those little gears... (Very OT: my favourite one is this; http://www.johnsphones.com/ - not perfect but close.)

Denise,

good to see that the literature list is revised. And the .pdf file of the book will come in handy, I'll print it and read off-line. Just don't get me started on the topic of the virtues of books or the feel of nice watercolour papers... :)

And I loved the Gollum reference - spot on!