PDA

View Full Version : Ilford film problem - marks all over the strip

Pages : 1 [2]

yanboechat
12-17-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm sure it's a processing error.
Bubbles, leaving their mark... nothing else does that.

As I said QG, what amazes me is why one roll has no marks whatsoever and the other one has plenty of them. But I agree with that one in the top of another can be the problem. I ussually use 2ml of photo flo for each liter. But, again, it can pe a processor error. Well, Ill send them to Ilford anyway. Just to be sure what is going on.

Q.G.
12-17-2010, 10:21 AM
As I said QG, what amazes me is why one roll has no marks whatsoever and the other one has plenty of them. But I agree with that one in the top of another can be the problem.

It's not a problem, but (together with too little fluid and too much photoflo in the tank) the explanation.
;)
The top edge of the film on top will not have been submerged, but sitting in among the froth produced by the 'agitated' photoflo.

I ussually use 2ml of photo flo for each liter. But, again, it can pe a processor error. Well, Ill send them to Ilford anyway. Just to be sure what is going on.

That's a lot...

jeffreyg
12-17-2010, 10:56 AM
A suggestion for using PhotoFlo : don't use it in the developing tank , mix it in a separate container and holding the film leader dunk the roll into the solution and remove. It's not necessary to soak for any length of time.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

yanboechat
12-17-2010, 11:04 AM
A suggestion for using PhotoFlo : don't use it in the developing tank , mix it in a separate container and holding the film leader dunk the roll into the solution and remove. It's not necessary to soak for any length of time.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Thats exactly what I do. But I let it there for 30 seconds. Is it too much?

jeffreyg
12-17-2010, 11:08 AM
I never bothered to time it. I use MF and 4x5 and just as long as it takes to submerge. It has never been a problem so maybe something else caused the problem.

njkphoto
12-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Because one was on top, where all the bubbles of the frothing 'soup' are, the other below, fully submerged.

Put more liquid in the tank, and use less photoflo (and rinse the tank and spools thoroughly before using them again).

That was going to be thought after reading he put 2 rolls in one tank and got these results.