PDA

View Full Version : Organizational meeting



Pages : 1 [2]

pinholer
02-13-2011, 11:00 PM
No storms or cold weather are predicted for tomorrow. I hope to see you at the meeting. Aurora Fire Station no. 11 at 7:00 pm. A map link is in an earlier post.

pinholer
03-12-2011, 12:14 PM
We will be getting together on Monday at 7:00 pm at Aurora Fire Station No. 11. It is located on the northwest corner of Iliff and Joliet. There is a map showing the location in an earlier post.

We will be talking about pinhole photography. (Remember that World Wide Pinhole Day is coming up next month) If you have a pinhole camera or pinhole pictures bring them to share with all of us. If you haven't tried pinhole yet come to the meeting. We will be talking about and showing different types of pinhole cameras that you can make fairly easily, domonstrating how to make pinholes, and discussing how to figure out what your exposure should be. I will have a handout that shows what the optimum pinhole size is for varous focal distances as well as what the exposure is for different lighting conditions.

I hope to see you there.

toro_mike
04-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Did you guys move up to I70 and Brighton?

pinholer
04-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Our next meeting will be Wednesday April 13 at 7.00 pm. The location will be Aurora Fire Station No. 3. The address is 3172 Peoria St. This is about a mile SOUTH of I70/Peoria interchange. For those of you using I70, take exit 182 which is Peoria and head north just over a mile. It will be on your left about 1/4 mile after you cross Smith Road. It looks like it will be easier to schedule this room so we will be using it regularly for our meetings.

We will be talking about developing roll film. If you have a tank and reels please bring them so others can see the different types that are available. We will give those who haven't used one an opportunity to load the reels themselves. This will follow a discussion of the equipment and chemicals needed for developing the film itself.

Photographers' Formulary has donated some samples of TF5 fixer so we will mix up a pint along with mixing D76h from scratch. Then we will proceed to develop a roll of film so those who don't have access to a darkroom can see for themselves that it can be done without needing a formal darkroom. This should give us time to discuss some of the different developers, fixers, and wash methods. TF5 samples will be door prizes.

Hope to see you there. PM me if you can come and bring a tank and reels so I will have some idea of what we will be able to use.

toro_mike
04-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the update! Google maps indicates that this address (3172 Peoria St. Aurora, CO) is SOUTH of I70? Is that correct?
Here is a map. (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=3172+Peoria+St.+aurora,+co&aq=&sll=39.768568,-104.836864&sspn=0.019264,0.046434&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=3172+Peoria+St,+Aurora,+Colorado+80010&ll=39.763158,-104.841328&spn=0.038531,0.092869&z=14)

pinholer
04-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Yep. I'm pretty good at up and down, fair with front and back, but it looks like I'm not so good with North and South. I corrected the original post and thank you for adding the map.

tristan!
04-10-2011, 08:08 PM
This sounds great. I'm planning on coming with a tank or two.

andrew.vartabedian
04-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Hi everybody. I'm mostly a lurker, but am emerging from my cave a little bit. I recently met Tristan and he clued me in to this meetup. Unfortunately, I cannot make it to this meet, but would like to in the future.

I did, however, pass the info on to a student of mine who might show up. He's a nice fellow who's really keen to learn analog developing.

Thanks, and I'll keep an eye out for the next meet up and will hopefully meet some of you at that point.

pinholer
05-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Aurora Fire Station #3, Community Room
3172 Peoria St (just south of I-70 on Peoria) Entrance door is on the north side, as is the parking lot.


May Program
Bring your prints and slides to share with all of us. We will start off with the images taken on world wide pinhole day then show the others. Share with the group information as to what camera you used, film etc. for your pinhole images.

If you didnít do pinhole, bring a couple of your images for discussion and member critique.

If you have a photograph that is giving you problems be sure to bring it. As we discuss it you will probably get several ideas on how it could be changed to get what you were originally after.

If time permits, we will have the Square Table discussion (on any photographic subject) where you can ask questions and get answers from the rest of us.

We would also like to hear where you favorite spots are for summer photography.

pinholer
06-03-2011, 05:11 PM
We will meet at 7:00 pm at Fire Station No. 3. The address is 3172 Peoria St (just south of I-70 on Peoria) Entrance door is on the north side, as is the parking lot.

This month Phil Boyce will give a slide show on Glass Plate photography.

See you there.

pinholer
06-18-2011, 11:37 AM
July 13 meeting

We will meet at 7:00 pm at Fire Station No. 3. The address is 3172 Peoria St (just south of I-70 on Peoria) Entrance door is on the north side, as is the parking lot.

This month Orland Johson will talk about cross processing. This is where you intentionally process slide film in C41 (negative) chemistry or print film in E6 (slide) chemistry. He will also have prints that were made from slides exposed onto RA4 paper and processed in RA4 chemistry which is used for making prints from color negatives.

See you there.

pinholer
08-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Meeting Aug. 10 at 7pm
Aurora Fire Station #3, Community Room

3172 Peoria St (just south of I-70 on Peoria)

Entrance door is on the north side, as is the parking lot.





This months’s will meeting be “Show and Tell”

Bring 4-5 of your prints/slides to discuss, especially those in which you used some interesting techniques (non-digital of course). These could include cross processing, Mohlerization, Kodalith masking, tone line printing, Polaroid emulsion and image transfer, use of texture or diffusion screens, as well as toning and hand coloring.





Bring your ideas for a subject for the September meeting as well as future meetings