View Full Version : Photostock 2011 - It's Baaaack...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Thomas Bertilsson
06-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Thanks for putting on such a great event Bill. Had a wonderful time... and shot a fair number of sheets.

And two frames of 120 that I am yet to process... :) Nice to meet you, Rob.

07-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Just got home from Traverse City yesterday and wanted to add to the chorus of thanks to Bill for hosting yet another fun Photostock up in Harbor Springs. Making new friends and meeting up with (now) "Legacy" P-Stockers as I heard someone call us, has become one of the highlights of my year.

bill schwab
07-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Hello Everyone!!!!

I am finally back on a consistent internet connection after our time at Photostock and have been going through everyone's work that has been posted so far. It is reminding me just what a great time I had this year with all of you!! I wanted to formally thank each and every one of you for coming on up... (down and over in some of your cases) and joining in the festivities. For myself, I can't say I've ever enjoyed the event this much!! Not only did I get a little(lot) loopy, I got some great work too. It was a lot of fun doing the portraits I did as well as the work with Silke and Dan. (Thank you both!!!!)

And I even got a souvenir afterward! After being introduced to the "Banjitar" by Lil' Stevie Zimmerman, I drove my way down to Elderly Instruments in Lansing and bought one for myself! What a blast.... I'm ready for the next Photostock and more of Steve's side splitting improvisations.

I also very much appreciate all the nods from you on the event. But really... all I do is set the date and make the arrangements with the hotel. it is all of YOU that make the event what it is and I very much hope you will all continue coming for years to come.

And keep posting your shots to the Flickr page. They're great!!!!

Thank you again!!!!

Andrew Moxom
07-20-2011, 01:15 PM
I heard a rumor that there maybe a UP photostock in October.... Is there any truth to this??

07-21-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm going to be up in the UP in Oct.

07-21-2011, 04:26 PM
I heard a rumor that there maybe a UP photostock in October.... Is there any truth to this??

all you can eat pasties? I'm in!

Thomas Bertilsson
07-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Wish I had more vacation days left! :) Have a pastie for me, and don't forget to put ketchup on it...

bill schwab
07-21-2011, 04:45 PM
I heard a rumor that there maybe a UP photostock in October.... Is there any truth to this??Damn.... You're quick. I only had that up there a couple seconds!

A definite maybe on this. I thought it best to think it through further as far as dates, but the ruins of the Keweenaw Peninsula have been calling me back lately and I thought it could be a good group shoot and party. Still a possibility.... :confused:

Can you tell I miss everyone already?

07-21-2011, 06:52 PM
There is a ton of stuff in Calumet City..Evan

Andrew Moxom
07-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Well I'm in....if there is an October possibility... Keep us posted!! The Photostock this past June was the highlight of my year so far!! I miss people too!

Jeff Bannow
07-22-2011, 10:58 AM
October sounds good to me too.

07-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Wish I could be there, I am burning up the rest of my vacation days in August with the Colorado trip. I may take a long weekend this fall to the North Shore of Superior for those interested.

Thanks again to all for the great time I had at this year's Photostock, next year we can have dueling Banjitars Bill:D

Andrew Moxom
07-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Steve, I think we'll likely just do an MN fall apug trip to the north shore this year.... I know we were thinking about going to the Badlands/Black Hills this fall, but it's a hell of a hike and it's about a 7 or 8 hour drive to there from the Twin Cities. If Gim, and Daniel were coming, they'd lose a day and a half each way at least.... So we'd need to plan for a week long trip.

bill schwab
07-22-2011, 10:32 PM
... next year we can have dueling Banjitars BillI'm ready!

There is a ton of stuff in Calumet City..EvanYou know it, Evan! Shute's for beer!!

07-23-2011, 09:49 PM

I'm off that week. :)

07-23-2011, 10:24 PM
If there is, I'm in. Where about? I live in southern up (Escanaba) not as fun as Marquette or lake superior. Andrew, if something is happening in oct, I would like to join your group.

bill schwab
07-24-2011, 09:33 AM
If there is, I'm in. Where about?It would be great to meet with you.. Looking at Calumet as a base.

Andrew Moxom
07-24-2011, 09:36 AM

07-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Looking forward to this!

bill schwab
07-27-2011, 01:06 PM
So... Let's kick around a couple dates here. Looks like I still have a lot of October open so almost any weekend will do. I'm already working on lodging possibilities... Hotel for those that wish that and camping for those that want to rough it. I'm also hoping we can make it a Thursday to Sunday meet due to the distance a lot of people will be traveling. This way we could have a full Friday and Saturday in which to shoot and explore. There's so much there that we could spend a week!

Initially I will throw out the dates of the October 6th - 9th. Traditionally around me in the northern lower, this is the week of peak Autumn colors, however up near Superior, it tends to come a little earlier. Still, I think there will be a lot of color for us if we go this week. Another option is the prior week, but that puts us into the end of September and a little close to my return from Iceland. it also might be a little early for the color as we've had such a warm summer.

Thoughts??? Once we come to an agreement that will help the most, I'll start a thread devoted to the shoot.

Thanks everyone!