PDA

View Full Version : Photostock 2011 - It's Baaaack...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Andrew Moxom
01-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Uncanny, I was just thinking about this over the last few days and here we are!!!! On my calendar already!!

guitstik
01-06-2011, 12:44 PM
I don't know, 870 miles to get there and about 15 hours driving. I will have to see what my wife has planned for my vacation and then beg and plead, I might even do a little crying for effect but she is not generally swayed.

Christopher Walrath
01-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Now all I need is for there to be a way to warp space/time so that Michigan is only a couple of hours away from Delaware and that my wife will only miss me for a couple of hours while I'm there the whole time. ;)

bill schwab
01-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Is Birchwood still the place? (nice folks, really accomodating...) Yes! Thanks for mentioning this, Tom. I gave them the news the other day and they were really excited that we'll be back.

www.birchwoodinn.com (http://www.birchwoodinn.com)

Mention the event when you book. We'll pretty much have the run of the place and be able to use the basement meeting room for slide shows and presentations as well as the courtyard and sun room. Oh yeah... the pool too. Think Summer!!

Thanks to everyone for such a welcoming response!

Bill

guitstik
01-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Where is PE when we need him?

Andrew Moxom
01-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Hey Bill,

Do you think they'd mind if we used their sink in the basement for washing collodion plates? Also, I have some portable Interfit UV lights for indoor collodion portraits if needed??

Yes! Thanks for mentioning this, Tom. I gave them the news the other day and they were really excited that we'll be back.

www.birchwoodinn.com (http://www.birchwoodinn.com)

Mention the event when you book. We'll pretty much have the run of the place and be able to use the basement meeting room for slide shows and presentations as well as the courtyard and sun room. Oh yeah... the pool too. Think Summer!!

Thanks to everyone for such a welcoming response!

Bill

TheFlyingCamera
01-06-2011, 02:56 PM
I will definitely put this on the calendar as something I want to do - just have to wait a little closer to the event to commit. Would make for a fun road trip.

bill schwab
01-06-2011, 03:04 PM
That would be great, Scott!

Andy, I don't think they will care at all. Good idea.

As for the lights, might be cool! We can probably also set-up an outside wash station with a hose. I'll look into this.

htolino
01-06-2011, 03:18 PM
I'll be there, even without a Pd workshop!

Dan Henderson
01-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Bill: Just confirming my assumption from the above posts that the Birchwood is the center of events, not your place, right? Petosky State Park looks like a nice campground, and not too far away from the Birchwood.

bill schwab
01-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Petosky State Park looks like a nice campground, and not too far away from the Birchwood.
Yes, Dan... The Birchwood it is. I always forget about the state park. Thanks! Not very far at all.

Petoskey State Park (http://www.michigan.org/Property/Detail.aspx?p=G10185) - Great campground and swimming.

Rob Skeoch
01-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Bill, this is a great idea. I'm in.
Do you expect most people to camp or stay at the hotel?

-rob skeoch

Marc Akemann
01-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Glad the party, uhh...photographic event, has been revived. Looking forward to it!

-Marc

Jerry Basierbe
01-07-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm planning on being there.

Jerry

daleeman
01-07-2011, 07:41 PM
May I join you all? Would love to meet some new friends and see some new sites
Lee

Toffle
01-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Bill, this is a great idea. I'm in.
Do you expect most people to camp or stay at the hotel?

-rob skeoch

Hi Rob,
I don't know what other plans are made, but the Birchwood is a really good place to stay. The rooms are cheap, they have excellent space to meet and hold activities, and a nice place for a campfire and um... refreshments in the huge courtyard.

daleeman
Lee

Of course... The more the merrier! The biggest surpise is they let me keep coming back. :D

Jeff Bannow
01-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Lee

It's a great crowd, Lee. Youshould definitely come.

Kerik
01-07-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm a maybe for now... I'm in Montana teaching for the Formulary that week. Not sure if I want to stretch it into a trip to MI or not.

Dan Henderson
01-08-2011, 07:52 AM
Several of us who typically camp instead of stay at the hotel are planning to be at Petoskey State Park (http://www.michigan.org/Property/Detail.aspx?p=G10185). It is located at the end of Little Traverse Bay between Petosky and Harbor Springs, a few miles from the Birchwood. If you are a camper please feel free to join us there.

Dan Henderson

htimsdj
01-08-2011, 09:42 AM
This sounds like fun. I'll put it on my calendar. Jeff