PDA

View Full Version : Photostock 2011 - It's Baaaack...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Mayfair710
01-08-2011, 09:14 AM
i just booked a closet room at the birchwood inn...look forward to being there again. thanks bill.
~~marianne

Toffle
01-08-2011, 09:18 AM
i just booked a closet room at the birchwood inn...look forward to being there again. thanks bill.
~~marianne

Marianne, you just made my day! :):):)
(:wub:)

3e8
01-08-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm hoping to make the drive up from the eastern shore of MD, if anyone else in the area might be interested in carpooling.

Andrew Moxom
01-08-2011, 09:57 AM
I booked a closet room facing the courtyard..... Only one more closet room is available at the Birchwood...I'll be getting in a day early on the Wednesday so I can recover from the drive!!

Mayfair710
01-08-2011, 11:43 AM
i got one facing the courtyard this year too andy...i am tired of overlooking the parking lot.
it will be nice to see everyone again!
tom, i am happy i could make your day! that was so easy ;)

Toffle
01-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Booked... on the courtyard... I am pretty stoked to see everyone.

Marek Warunkiewicz
01-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Really happy about this... Last summer wasn't as nice as it would have been...

billschwab
01-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Bill, this is a great idea. I'm in.
Do you expect most people to camp or stay at the hotel?It will be great to have you there, Rob. I was meaning to contact you. Feel free to bring any toys you can. :)

As for camping or hotel, I think it'll be about 50-50. Dan Henderson mentioned there were several booking into the State Park. I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning that he might be a good guy to ask about that. Perhaps a circle or row can be booked to that all are closer together. I think the State Park is the best bet for this year being that there won't be anything much going on at my place during the event and it is a little closer. I might even book a room this year!

It is really great to see such a positive response! Thanks to everyone. I've got a feeling it's going to be a fun year. I really missed everyone last year and am really looking forward to this.

Bill

billschwab
01-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Hello again Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know that the Website is now fully operational and ready to accept your registrations. Once registered, you will be placed on a subscrition list for the newsletter.

http://www.photostock2011.com/

More to come!

Bill

PS.. Thanks again for all your photographs used in the site!

billschwab
01-10-2011, 09:11 PM
We're already pushing 30 registered! I just gotta say that it is great to see all the names of those signing up. A "who's who" if I ever saw one. I am REALLY looking forward to this!

Thanks everyone!

silke s
01-17-2011, 07:07 AM
Silke and I are planning on inviting a model to photostock, she has been working for several years and is very dependable and professional. We would be willing to share her with other photographers that are interested, please let me know if interested so she can put together a schedule.
I am sure she would give us a reasonable rate if she gets booked for one full day or longer, so she can set off traveling costs.

links of her work:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/252968

http://www.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm?ID=15704

Dan

Jeff Bannow
01-17-2011, 08:33 AM
Silke and I are planning on inviting a model to photostock, she has been working for several years and is very dependable and professional.

Great idea Dan. She seems to be a good model to work with, and she's in the right location too.

Thomas Bertilsson
01-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Booked a room for Heidi and I. We'll be arriving a day early after roaming around the UP for a few days, making sure we are fresh after a long drive.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everybody again!

- Thomas

Dan Henderson
01-19-2011, 10:41 AM
At Jeff Bannow's suggestion I contacted Petosky State Park about their group campground. I was told the group campground is for use by youth groups, church groups, etc. I told them that many of us act as childish as possible, and we were all members of a religion of sorts, but I failed to convince anyone.

But Petosky State Park is still the Official Campground of Photostock 2011!

Jeff Bannow
01-19-2011, 10:44 AM
At Jeff Bannow's suggestion I contacted Petosky State Park about their group campground. I was told the group campground is for use by youth groups, church groups, etc. I told them that many of us act as childish as possible, and we were all members of a religion of sorts, but I failed to convince anyone.

But Petosky State Park is still the Official Campground of Photostock 2011!

It was worth a try - thanks Dan! Eva & I will be camping there, as will Dan & Silke. It's going to be a happenin' place. :cool:

mjs
01-21-2011, 01:02 PM
At the state park, are more people camping at the Dunes or Tannery campground? Does anyone know which of these is likely to be noisier?

Mike

Toffle
01-21-2011, 02:53 PM
At the state park, are more people camping at the Dunes or Tannery campground? Does anyone know which of these is likely to be noisier?

Mike

The one Dan is at! :laugh:

Dan Henderson
01-22-2011, 06:45 AM
The one Dan is at! :laugh:

Who me? I am the most quiet and shy guy that you will ever know. Well, except when I accidentally mistake red wine for grape Kool-Aid...

Anyway, given the time of year I suspect that the campground will be pretty busy, especially on the weekend and it won't make much difference. But I will bet that when 10PM rolls around, campground staff monitor the noise level for people who have overindulged on Kool-Aid.

In looking at the two campground maps,

http://www.midnrreservations.com/ParkCampMapDisplay.aspx?CID=64
it seems that the Dunes campground has fewer spaces and are spaced more widely apart, so why don't we go for that one, maybe the campsites around the bottom end of the loop, 60-69? You can make reservations here:

http://www.midnrreservations.com/SearchPark.aspx?ParkID=54

Right now the entire campground is open on the Photostock dates, so book early to get a prime spot!

Jeff Bannow
01-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Right now the entire campground is open on the Photostock dates, so book early to get a prime spot!

And we just did! Eva, myself, Dan & Silke Seybold will be staying on site #63 starting on the night of the 22nd. Hope to be surrounded by Photostockers.

Dan Henderson
01-22-2011, 11:00 AM
And we just did! Eva, myself, Dan & Silke Seybold will be staying on site #63 starting on the night of the 22nd. Hope to be surrounded by Photostockers.

I've got #62, so everyone who is going to camp book around us. That is, unless you believe the awful rumors...or as he would write, "rumours," that Tom Overton is spreading about me, then you might want to find a new campground!