PDA

View Full Version : Photostock 2011 - It's Baaaack...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Charlie Wheelihan
01-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Out of curiosity, for those camping, how many are in tents?

Jeff Bannow
01-22-2011, 07:36 PM
Dan & Silke will be in a tent, Eva & I will be in that little camper you saw in our garage.

Dan Henderson
01-22-2011, 09:25 PM
I am a tent camper, Charlie. For the record, almost all of us at Photostock I camped in tents. Join us!

Charlie Wheelihan
01-23-2011, 08:38 AM
Cool, I just didn't want to be the only one in a tent. It was the "Dunes" campground right? I just booked site 61.

Jeff Bannow
01-23-2011, 08:41 AM
Cool, I just didn't want to be the only one in a tent. It was the "Dunes" campground right? I just booked site 61.

That's the right place. The other campground has numbers in the 80-160 range.

Looks like we'll be neighbors Charlie!

Charlie Wheelihan
01-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Yeah we will be neighbors, hope you don't mind!!

Tell Silke when you see her I will roast up a bunch of fresh coffee to bring along...

Jeff Bannow
01-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Yeah we will be neighbors, hope you don't mind!!

Tell Silke when you see her I will roast up a bunch of fresh coffee to bring along...

That sounds like a great idea - I don't normally drink coffee and even I thought it was fantastic. :)

Toffle
01-23-2011, 10:13 AM
I do drink coffee, and I can attest that Charlie's roast is superb!

Charlie Wheelihan
01-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks, I am pleased you all enjoyed it. I will bring PLENTY. :)

bill schwab
01-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Great to see the camping plans coming together. I might have to pitch a tent!

I'm going to be sending out the first newsletter soon to all those that have registered so far. We're now well over 30 strong! I've heard from the Birchwood and they said they've been getting reservations already. Thanks to everyone as I know what a good feeling it is for them to know everyone is coming.

I've spoken to Dan Henderson and he was kind enough to offer his leadership of a group back up into the UP on Friday of the event. He mentioned Taquamenon Falls, Whitefish Point, and the Crisp Point lighthouse as being among the stops, but as everything Photostock, whatever happens... I'll be mentioning this and more in the newsletter, so if you haven't already signed-up, now is a good time so you won't miss any of the newsletters.

www.photostock2011.com

Looking forward!

Bill

Dan Henderson
01-25-2011, 07:54 AM
Thanks, I am pleased you all enjoyed it. I will bring PLENTY. :)

I will bring some of my home-roast and we can have a coffee-tasting party.

Jeff Bannow
01-25-2011, 08:23 AM
I've spoken to Dan Henderson and he was kind enough to offer his leadership of a group back up into the UP on Friday of the event.

I can attest that Dan does a great U.P. photo tour. Eva & I tagged along a few years ago and it was a blast.

BirgerA
01-25-2011, 09:28 AM
I don't think I'll be able to make it this year, as it's a bit out of the way when we're visiting my in-laws up north.

Hopefully there will be another opportunity later.

Marc Akemann
01-25-2011, 09:54 AM
I don't think I'll be able to make it this year, as it's a bit out of the way when we're visiting my in-laws up north.

Hopefully there will be another opportunity later.

Do your in-laws like to camp, Birger? ;)

-Marc

bill schwab
01-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Hopefully there will be another opportunity later.It was great to meet you when you did make it, Birger. I still enjoy the print!

Bill

BirgerA
01-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Do your in-laws like to camp, Birger? ;)

-Marc

They would probably have loved to come, there's just this little, tiny bit of water called the Atlantic Ocean that causes trouble. Their boat is not big enough to cross it safely :)

Dan Henderson
01-25-2011, 09:18 PM
They would probably have loved to come, there's just this little, tiny bit of water called the Atlantic Ocean that causes trouble. Their boat is not big enough to cross it safely :)

That little body of water did not deter your Viking ancestors!

Toffle
01-25-2011, 09:46 PM
That little body of water did not deter your Viking ancestors!

Careful, don't tease the Vikings. Just sayin'.

(BTW, some of my students introduced me to "Viking-Folk-Metal" :blink: Birger???... um, ya... just sayin')

lorirfrommontana
01-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Sounds like so much fun! Wish Michigan was closer to Montana!
-Lori

Charlie Wheelihan
01-26-2011, 08:33 PM
I will bring some of my home-roast and we can have a coffee-tasting party.

That would be great, I think a variety of fresh roasted coffee will be nice for those ... that like coffee. I will probably do a Nicaraguan, Columbian and maybe a little Hawaii Kona, if it makes it that long... :whistling:

I am interested in the UP excursion ...