PDA

View Full Version : Photostock 2011 - It's Baaaack...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15

Jeff Bannow
06-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Did you ever get anyone to bring you some? I might be able to. I'll check my local prices and let you know what the thieves want for it around here. How much did you want?

Mike

Andy Moxom is hooking me up. Thanks though!

Toffle
06-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Don't forget everyone, bring a print for the print exchange!

And bring a pint for the pint exchange, too. :D

Andrew Moxom
06-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Andy Moxom is hooking me up. Thanks though!

I'm starting the laborious task of packing the Toyota as we speak.. 2 liters of 190 proof is yours for when you arrive.... Unless someone adds it to the bar menu!! :-) JK!

Jeff Bannow
06-20-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm starting the laborious task of packing the Toyota as we speak.. 2 liters of 190 proof is yours for when you arrive.... Unless someone adds it to the bar menu!! :-) JK!

Excellent! I'll be at the party on Friday - hopefully before the Oberon runs out and everyone starts looking at my 190 for refreshment ....

eclarke
06-20-2011, 11:56 AM
And bring a pint for the pint exchange, too. :D

A pint exchange!! That's a good idea too, everybody should submit their print with a pint!!..EC

Jeff Bannow
06-20-2011, 11:58 AM
A pint exchange!! That's a good idea too, everybody should submit their print with a pint!!..EC

And then the print exchange coordinator could drink all the pints? :)

df cardwell
06-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Andy, make sure you turn the still off before you leave.

eclarke
06-20-2011, 03:13 PM
And then the print exchange coordinator could drink all the pints? :)

Ha Ha, I was thinking each recipient could enjoy the beer they receive with the print, but I like your thinking:D....

Andrew Moxom
06-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Andy, make sure you turn the still off before you leave.

Are you kidding, that's what my car runs on :-)

Toffle
06-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Are we still talking about Everclear?

Andrew Moxom
06-20-2011, 08:30 PM
yes.

Jeff Bannow
06-20-2011, 08:47 PM
I don't think I have a Beseler 45. I know I have (and multiples too of some):

Omega C760 w/ cold light head
Omega D2 - probably condenser and color head
Beseler 23C something
Printz 35mm
A Durst 35mm something

And maybe more too!

I still have all of the above available, minus the D2 w/ color head. Let me know if you want one.

billschwab
06-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Man... I had no room for unwanted gear, but have a lot that people might want.. Next year for sure.

Sounds like we're going to have enough grain alcohol... woo hoo!

We also have use of a Bar-b-que and may have to arrange a burger/dog fest for Saturday? i'm thinking group photo at noon followed by the print exchange? Does that sound OK, Jeff?

So sorry not to have a schedule out yet. I've been burning it at both ends and the workshop group only left a little while ago. I'll get it out there, but some may have to wait to see it posted in the lobby. Sorry about this, but hey... This is a loose Photostock...

Figure the first organized activity to be a sunset run up to Sturgeon Bay on Thursday evening if the weather looks good. Anyone interested in coming along and doing dinner at the Legs Inn in Cross Village, let's meet-up in the lobby at 5:30 for the run to the Legs and then on to the beach. If weather is bad, we can consider something closer. I have some good movies and photographer documentaries for the basement theater just in case.

So far weather is looking like a chance of scattered showers, but we were supposed to have that today and it was fine aside from a 15 minute shower. It's a beautiful night in Cross Village as I type this, so let's hope it holds.

Everyone be safe driving up!!!

Jeff Bannow
06-21-2011, 06:26 AM
Sounds good to me Bill.

Especially the part about BBQ!

Thomas Bertilsson
06-21-2011, 07:41 AM
Sending a quick message from Paradise, MI. Looking forward to seeing you all in Harbor Springs tomorrow or Thursday!
Sights on the UP have been bountiful, with beautiful beaches, sunrises, and sunsets. Crisp Point light house was especially gorgeous. The quality of light is amazing.
Today visiting Tahquamenon Falls, which should be equally fantastic.

Bill, it's fine if the schedule is in the lobby at the Birchwood. Don't worry about it. Everything sounds wonderful, and I like the idea of putting some burgers and dogs on the grill.

- Thomas

eclarke
06-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Bill, good job. Don't worry about the schedule, the lobby's a great place..too much organization just screws things up anyway..Evan Clarke

billschwab
06-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks guys... I appreciate that. We just broke down the workshop again for the day... 12 hours... whew!

You all know me and I have to stop trying to pack 48 hours into a 24 hour day! :)

Having a fantastic time with those hear already... and realizing it is only a precursor to seeing everyone else is a great feeling. I am going to be ready to partay!

Glad to hear you've been having a great trip so far, Thomas!!! Weather went a bit south today and I am sitting here on the porch of the Three Pines Gallery in Cross Village (under the overhang) in driving rain, lightning and thunder as I type this. Mamma Nature is putting on an incredible light show, but still hoping she is getting it out of her system before Thursday. I know I'm not the only one getting these storms tonight and I hope you are all high and dry where you are.

Saturday BBQ it is!!! We can pick up the goods when we get the kegger as the party store has a nice market attached. If someone can come with me to pick up the kegger on Thursday or Friday morning, tht would be great. I checked on it tonight and it is supposed to come in Wed morning. They're going to keep it in the cooler so it will be ready for icing and tapping when we get it.

Rain or shine... I am so looking forward to this!!

PS... Dan and the UP crew... Rafael Gomez is hear from Mexico for the workshop and is staying on thru Sunday. He wants to do the UP run with you guys, so we'll have to work out a way for him to get to the meeting point at the Big Chicken from the hotel with someone leaving from there. Hope that can work.

eclarke
06-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Have just been vacuuming water in my darkroom, had a monster storm and it filled the storm sewers leaving the sumps worthless. We're supposed to get more tonight and tomorrow..Evan

zsas
06-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah here in Chicago is buckets of rain rain which seem to be heading north east. Sorry!

zsas
06-21-2011, 09:48 PM
Eclarke - so sorry to hear!