PDA

View Full Version : A/NZ PX Round #3 - How do we want to run it & sign-up?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Andrew K
01-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Seeing I have 2 months to get my prints in, and seeing you will accept lab prints I'm in ....

(I don't have a darkroom at the moment, and even if I borrow one it can be hard to find an enlarger to print some of the odd formats I shoot - like 7 inch long 35mm trannies...plus no one has a color darkroom anymore...).

I think once the cut off is reached we can wait another week for late comers, but having 2 months to get some prints done should be enough time for everyone...

I agree that any lab/inkjet prints should have their photoshopping kept to a minimum - burning and dodging like in a darkroom is fine - but things like over-saturation, high dynamic range shots etc should be avoided.

I'd be just as happy to get my prints done straight from the neg on a optical printer - but the only way I can get that done now is via a custom lab, and I can't afford that.

Also I'm with Carey and Shane - no themes for me either....

Cheers

Andrew

Oxleyroad
01-21-2011, 04:53 AM
In so far for round #3 are;

1. Munz6869
2. Oxleyroad
3. Michael W
4. Seabird
5. Tomalophicon
6. Fleath
7. SMBooth
8. Huffy
9. Andrew K

A group already. Any fence sitters umming and arring?

I have not already mentioned it but my preference is no themes aswell.

Oxleyroad
01-24-2011, 04:41 AM
Ok 9 so far, any others out there who have not put fingers to keyboard to say, hey I'm in ;). Did I miss anyone?

Reminder to all, from our learnings we are after a tighter adherence to timing and deadlines, thus the sign up runs up to Sunday 6th Feb as mentioned earlier in this thread. From which point we will have all of the remainder of Feb and Mar to complete our prints and get them posted to me. I will pm all participants my address after the 6th.

Next chance to sign up will be the month of May.

Kevin Caulfield
01-24-2011, 04:52 AM
I'm in please. Just a bit disillusioned about the three month delay in round 2.

Oxleyroad
01-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Ten of us now;

1. Munz6869
2. Oxleyroad
3. Michael W
4. Seabird
5. Tomalophicon
6. Fleath
7. SMBooth
8. Huffy
9. Andrew K
10.Kevin Caulfield

SteveR
01-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi guys,
Well, I'm still keen to sign up, but I'll hold off until closer to the 6th before opting in definitely, just to see how things settle with the little one (who turned up Saturday evening!). Hopefully I'll remember to post back before cutoff and let you know where I'm at.

Kevin Caulfield
01-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Hey, Steve, congratulations on the arrival. Boy? Girl? Weight? Length? Arrival time? Hopefully all well? :)

hoffy
01-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Congrats!

munz6869
01-24-2011, 11:17 PM
Congrats as well!!

Marc!

Oxleyroad
01-24-2011, 11:57 PM
Hi guys,
Well, I'm still keen to sign up, but I'll hold off until closer to the 6th before opting in definitely, just to see how things settle with the little one (who turned up Saturday evening!). Hopefully I'll remember to post back before cutoff and let you know where I'm at.

Well congratulations. Trust all is well with mother and baby.

Don't stress about being in or out of this round. There will always be the next one, or the one after that, or...

We'll all see you when we see you.

SteveR
01-25-2011, 01:59 AM
hehe, thanks guys, yep, all went well... well, except for one traumatised lady who is adamant that Alexander (the new lil' fella) will be an only child... unless we adopt... or get another dog...

He turned up at 5.25pm on Saturday, after nearly three days on and off labour (yeah, I wouldn't want to do that again either). Weighed 7lb14, 52cm long, 36cm around the head (OUCH!) and fingers long enough to easily handle Kiev66... he's going to be a good one!

ps, if I do go in this round, you'll be able to tell my picture, it'll be the one of a baby...

Seabird
01-25-2011, 05:24 AM
Congratulations Steve.

I've been there twice before. You'll be surprised at how quickly the time passes - now my youngest is old enough that I'm considering buying a shotgun and a rocking chair and sitting on the front veranda and "vetting" the young lads that are taking an interest.

... and if you're not getting any sleep the the trick is to train the baby to only make a nosie "between" agitation cycles when you're developing film at 2:00am...

Regards

Carey Bird
http://members.iinet.net.au/~cbird/index.html

SMBooth
01-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Sounds like he's a keeper. Congrats to you and your partner Steve. My wife thought one was enough too..

timk
01-26-2011, 05:17 AM
I'm in, congrats Steve!

Also, if you haven't read the other thread, I've sent off round 2.

1. Munz6869
2. Oxleyroad
3. Michael W
4. Seabird
5. Tomalophicon
6. Fleath
7. SMBooth
8. Huffy
9. Andrew K
10.Kevin Caulfield
11. Timk

SteveR
01-26-2011, 06:26 AM
... and if you're not getting any sleep the the trick is to train the baby to only make a nosie "between" agitation cycles when you're developing film at 2:00am...

Best advice I've had yet!

...yep, I'm glad he's a he, if we do have a girl down the track, he can help rough up, I mean, sort out any boys hanging around.

Oxleyroad
01-29-2011, 04:13 PM
With tomorrow being the end of the month time is fast running out to get involved with round three.

We have 11 so far. Two groups, one five and one six at this stage.

I will send out the groups Monday 7th, and start a round three feedback thread to take over from this sign-up.

The rest of February and March are for you to do your prints and post in, and I'll send back out first week in April. "Laggards" without having contacted the group to beg forgiveness will be chastised accordingly and will have to distribute their own prints to their group members:(

Round 4 sign-up month of May.

hoffy
01-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Well, I think I have chosen my neg and for a change its not going to be a straight up print for me! I now need to decide whether I make 6 to 10 in preparation for the exchange, or wait until the final numbers are up.....

Cheers

Oxleyroad
01-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Well, I think I have chosen my neg and for a change its not going to be a straight up print for me! I now need to decide whether I make 6 to 10 in preparation for the exchange, or wait until the final numbers are up.....

Cheers

I have managed to narrow down to three images, but still can't decide on process:confused:

Barrie B.
01-29-2011, 11:51 PM
Greetings from PARKDALE , Victoria
Please sign me up for round 3 ? . Cheers Barrie B.

When are my print due ? and where are they to be sent ? Thanks .

Oxleyroad
01-30-2011, 06:19 AM
Greetings from PARKDALE , Victoria
Please sign me up for round 3 ? . Cheers Barrie B.

When are my print due ? and where are they to be sent ? Thanks .

Good to have you on board Barrie. Prints due end of March. I will PM my address to all participants Monday week:cool: