PDA

View Full Version : Book, Exhibition, and a Blog

Rafal Lukawiecki
01-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to thank you, again, for suggesting that I should publish a book with my black-and-white landscapes, at our last print viewing in Dublin. I think it was Paul who suggested I did that... Guess what? I did it! It is called (Be)Longing, like my exhibition. See it all on my all-new web site, http://rafal.net/

I realise this is a bit of blatant self-promotion, but I feel awfully good about having published that book. It came out nicely. Tritone offset was quite a learning curve, but I enjoyed every step of it. I will blog about the printing process and I have some photos to share too. Above all, I am dying to show it to you at the next opportunity, since you as a group were so instrumental in suggesting to me that I did that. I'll even do a signing. :)

The exhibition opening was nice too. I got a very favourable review in a major daily, a cute but short mention in National Geographic, and a few online interviews. Have a look at the pictures from the opening, if you want to: http://rafal.net/2011/01/opening-of-belonging-in-krakow/

Now I have a great resolve to keep blogging regularly.

Again, thank you so much for your help and guidance. I have a million questions as to how to show the exhibition in Ireland some time...

Rafal

paulgallinule
01-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Go for it who cares about self-promotion, enjoy, Paul.

seoirse
01-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Rafal,

I'm so delighted that your exhibition opening surpassed every wish you may have had. Wow! 120 people is a lot of bodies. I hope you had enough wine and nibbles to around!

Congratulations also on the book - it's a great achievement - and as for coming to the notice of National Geographic...well I hope you remember us when you take over as the successor to Ansel Adams although you have very much a style of your very own.

That's great news Rafal and you deserve every good thing that comes your way.

PS... I had a look at your darkroom set up on the website. You have a nice selection of wine to sip on while you print and listen to your iPod selections!

Well done,
George.

thefizz
01-29-2011, 05:34 AM
Well done Rafal, I'm looking forward to seeing the book.

Vincent Brady
01-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Congratulations Rafal on your exhibition and publishing your book. I'll look forward to getting a copy .

Cheers
Vincent

przemur
01-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Rafał - I'm really impressed with your work and being based in Krakow will be more than happy to visit the exhibition (and take my girls - wife and daughter -with me).

Rafal Lukawiecki
01-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the compliments, everyone. :) Do we have a plan for a meeting in the works yet?

Przemek, thank you for your praise. I wish I met you when I was in Kraków a week ago, during the opening... The exhibition will stay open until 6 March 2011. It is open 12:00-18:00 Sat-Sun, and 16:00-19:00 Tue-Fri. Entrance is free. Let me know your thoughts when you had a chance to see it, you may be the only fellow APUGer who would have a chance to see the exhibition while it is on the wall.

Rafal

marciofs
07-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Congrats!!

Rafal Lukawiecki
07-10-2011, 07:48 AM
Many thanks, Marcio. :) Nice site you have, too.

Jeff Kubach
07-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Good going Rafal! Many more successes!

Jeff