PDA

View Full Version : Group Print Exchange Round 14 Groups

Pages : 1 [2]

Roger Thoms
03-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Just to let you know, my prints went out today!

And mine too, just returned from the post office.

Roger

papagene
03-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Well, my prints finally went out today, work has been crazy the last week.
In the past few days I received a couple of real nice prints from Roger (rtbadman) and Chris (gurkenprinz). Thank you very much. :D
I hope my prints reach you safe and sound and you enjoy them as much as I do yours.

rst
03-31-2011, 02:17 AM
Received a beautiful high key print from Jake. I like it, it is full of delicate highlight detail, a very good print.

Cheers
Ruediger

Black Dog
03-31-2011, 06:41 AM
Thanks!-that was one of my early efforts at high key printing [took it at a friend's wedding several years ago].

paul_c5x4
04-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Took a while to get a couple of prints I was happy with - These, along with a working print, will be in the post this evening.

Roger Thoms
04-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Well, my prints finally went out today, work has been crazy the last week.
In the past few days I received a couple of real nice prints from Roger (rtbadman) and Chris (gurkenprinz). Thank you very much. :D
I hope my prints reach you safe and sound and you enjoy them as much as I do yours.

The print arrived today or more accurately was waiting when I got home from Flagstaff. Yes I will enjoy the print very much. Well done!!!

Roger

Christopher Walrath
04-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Well, got Jake's print in the post today. One can never overrate internal packing. Because, from the puncture into the center of the front of the envelope, I would say the extra corrugated paper can in very handy. A slight fold on one corner, but the print arrived more than less intact. It is in fine shape. And a fine print indeed.

I very light print. Makes you need to see the print because viewing does not come easily. A visual challenge, I like that. An airy scene of a side moment at some sort of an event, presumably a wedding. Under a canopy with tables and chairs strewn hither and yon and champange bottles all about. I looks like it was a good day and the print is well done. A well seen photograph. Thanks alot, Jake.

I have a weeks' vacation coming up 18-22. Looks like housecleaning and maybe I can squeeze in some printing and get this show on the road.

Thanks for you patience, Jake and Rudy. Won't be long now.

(Edit: Read Jake's post above, I was right. Wedding. And judging by the bottle population, a good one.)

Roger Thoms
04-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Tonight, I shall enter the dark room and hopefully produce some prints for my group peers! Yippieh!

Print recieved, and a very nice print indeed. Nice people scene in India printed on Fomatone and selenium toned, which yeilded rich brown tones.

Roger

gurkenprinz
04-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Received the prints from papagene and rtbadman only one day apart - I like them both very much! Thanks for participating and sharing your great work! I have participated in the postcard exchange, but receiving larger images (that show how much work has been put into them) is even better!

Greetings from Vienna,
gurkenprinz

ccross
04-14-2011, 11:58 PM
Well, I've been trying to get some printing done for week now and finally got them in the mail this morning.

Hope you enjoy.

Craig

Christopher Walrath
05-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Um, this is probably a no brainer. I'm not sure if I'll be printing for a while due to recent events. I promise to get someting out. Might not be soon. But someday. Hopefully someday soon. Thanks for your patience. I need a spot more of it.

semeuse
05-05-2011, 01:48 PM
received some great prints from ccross and paul_c5x4

Paul: the Wild Boar is great! Hope you have some good luck with the 5x4. And the portrait of Jessica is wonderful, great tonalities and the touch of color is just right - a very classy presentation.

Craig: what a great composition! And you are right about the viewing light, in bright light the print virtually glows.

ccross
05-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Hello all,

I am guilty (again) of receiving a print and forgetting to mention it here. I received semeuse's print a while ago, hung it on my darkroom wall and forgot to post here.

It's the first portrait I've received in one of these exchanges and I must say I've never been very interested in portraits (probably because I'm not very good at them) so I may not be able to offer much in the way of a critique, other than I do like it. The expression on her face, the mood, the grittiness of the picture all work very well together.

Thanks for sharing.

Craig

P.S. - glad you like the picture I sent, I had a very hard time with that negative. I might try it on a different paper and see if the results are any better.

semeuse
05-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Craig -
Thank you for the comments.
I think the paper choice for your print is fine - maybe use a grade harder filter. In my experience the Farmer's can also really make a print pop, but it's gotta be real close to start or it looks overdone - what I like is the ability to do just a little reduction, pull it, check it, and if need be, go back and do some more, so you can sneak up on it in small doses.
Take care -
Kris

Black Dog
05-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the appreciative comments-my friends are very happy together [if extremely busy] and have two lovely kids as well.

paul_c5x4
05-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Craig's (ccross) print arrived a few days ago - Without seeing a print before bleaching, it would be impossible to comment on the result. However, I suspect the subject might benefit from a touch of gold toning (and perhaps selenium) just to add a little punch to the shadows.

Going to hang this one on the wall for while.

paul_c5x4
06-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Congratulations to the Canadian Post. Having sent prints to ccross before (which arrived safely), this time they claim the address does not exist. I suppose it is one way to drive away business and reduce the backlog in the system whilst on strike.

ccross
08-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Well Paul, your prints finally made it today. Post marked June 4th, arrived August 5th. I think I saw the mailman riding off on his pony after dropping off the package.

Thanks for the prints (my daughter has already claimed the boar picture).

Take care,
Craig

yeknom02
08-10-2011, 01:24 PM
OK, so I haven't received either of my partners' prints yet. Just moved, too, so I will send you guys some PMs.