PDA

View Full Version : BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE ROUND 13 (BPX13) - STATUS AND UPDATES

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

hpulley
03-02-2011, 04:49 AM
I am trying to choose from prints I've made and decide if I need to selenium tone them but I'm fairly new to matting and dry mounting so I need to practice that a bit before I can send anything. I know I don't have to do this and if it doesn't work out then I may give up on it and just send a print but I'm enjoying these exchanges for expanding my horizons a bit so I'm going to try and do a real presentation with my print so please bear with me...

paul_c5x4
03-02-2011, 05:51 AM
Quite shocked at the price of mailing prints overseas, so I'm going to roll mine up and pop it in a tube - The prints I received in the past that have been mounted on foamboard suffered from the rigours of the mail system. Once I've checked & spotted my print, it will be heading way out east.

Christopher Walrath
03-02-2011, 06:01 AM
Yeah, I'm waiting for my filters then I shall play.

hpulley
03-02-2011, 06:17 AM
Quite shocked at the price of mailing prints overseas, so I'm going to roll mine up and pop it in a tube - The prints I received in the past that have been mounted on foamboard suffered from the rigours of the mail system. Once I've checked & spotted my print, it will be heading way out east.

What is the general opinion then, should I not try to mount and matt? Safer to send a print alone? I think I'm changing my mind about my negative and will need to make a new print but it could be in the mail soon if I don't need to cut the mat and heat the tissue...

If it were you since you don't know who is getting it, would you prefer it mounted or not??? Sorry, this is my first time in the exchange so if this has been asked 100 times forgive me.

paul_c5x4
03-02-2011, 02:50 PM
If it were you since you don't know who is getting it, would you prefer it mounted or not??? Sorry, this is my first time in the exchange so if this has been asked 100 times forgive me.

I've only done a couple of exchanges before, so I'm not the best person to cultivate for an opinion... That said, I have received mounted prints (on foamboard), and mounted/matted prints. I have also mailed mounted/matted prints on a couple of occasions as well as shipped in tubes - Kinda sitting on the fence here :whistling:

For a more definitive answer, I'll let the experienced participants comment.

Christopher Walrath
03-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Personally, I send a couple of prints each round. Unmatted/mounted. I just send them out and let the recipient do as they wish.

Keith Pitman
03-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Received a very nice Holga-made/Kallitype printed image today from RST (I think). Thanks. I think I'll take it to my photo group next week.

My image will go out eventually. ;)

hpulley
03-05-2011, 11:12 AM
I pressed 3 8x10 shots onto matboard this morning with Tiffen dry mounting tissue and an iron which actually worked out pretty well I think! I put them into the book press quickly afterward so I'll see how they turn out, hopefully good. My free hand mat cutting exercise however did not go well... perhaps the second try will go better or else I will need to get a proper mat cutter. Afterward I will have something to put in the mail, hopefully by Monday morning.

ghostcount
03-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Print mailed this afternoon.

Christopher Walrath
03-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Well, unless others need to let me know, this is where we stand thus far after one and a half months.

Sent:
rst
David William White
semeuse
ghostcount

Received:
Keith Pitman

So. Howy'all?

Laurent
03-16-2011, 03:39 AM
So. Howy'all?

I should print this week, and send as soon as possible aftre this. I'd like to use FB paper, and try Selenium, so it may take a bit longer.

At least, I have determined the image(s) I'd like to print !

gurkenprinz
03-16-2011, 04:27 AM
So. Howy'all?

Printed, Toned, Dried, Mounted. Will be going into the mail this week!

alroldan12
03-16-2011, 06:11 AM
Mine is ready to be mailed. It is dry mounted and I'm sending it in a pretty sturdy cardboard box. I also plan to get a padded envelope at the post office. I hope this is enough protection.

axel

hpulley
03-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Printed, toned, dried, in the book press. Will mount, mat and mail this week.

tim k
03-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Just dropped my print in the mail this morning.

Christopher Walrath
03-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Thanks, Tim.

paul_c5x4
03-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Well, unless others need to let me know, this is where we stand thus far after one and a half months.

I'm sure I sent one off last month, or was it for one of the group exchanges.... Just to cover my [deleted], one print winging it's way to sunnier climes.

hpulley
03-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Mounted... back in the press for a while. Matting...

hpulley
03-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Matted, posted to gallery and mailed.

Black Dog
03-19-2011, 05:54 PM
IIRC I've recieved all mine....can't decide which ones to send though!