PDA

View Full Version : BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE ROUND 13 (BPX13) - STATUS AND UPDATES

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

ghostcount
04-21-2011, 03:31 PM
It was I who started to do pd/pt because of Jim. Thank you for that wonderful print.

photobum
04-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Ghost, As I recall I sent you a print, Drill #1 is that right? Would you like to do a private Pt/Pd trade? I would like to see what you have been up to.

So many times I think something would look good as a platium print then...nothing.

As I'm sure you have found out it's like sitting around a campfire feeding it ten dollar bills. That's one reason I shoot my 5x7. Way cheaper than printing 8x10.

ghostcount
04-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Absolutely! I'm working on a new set for Alt Exchange so mosdef I'll send you one. I'll PM you my address.

photobum
04-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Deal, sending PM.

David William White
04-28-2011, 04:01 PM
An envelope came from Adelaide today bearing a delightful photogravure from Fleath. Alex, I'm glad you included a page on your process, because until this arrived, I knew almost nothing about it, but it sounds rich and intensive. Well, I've framed her so she won't fly away, and it's up on the wall for me to look at every day...thanks very much for sending this to me!

Laurent
04-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Sorry for the long silence... I finally have made my print(s) for this exchange ! Now I need to find the time to ship this, but this should not be too long !

alroldan12
05-04-2011, 05:35 PM
I just received not one, but two great prints from Matthew (dfoo). I really like them, especially the one of the "propulsion system" of a spacecraft(?). Very nice tones on both of them; the paper feels and looks like Ilford multigrade FB, very nice. Thank you Matthew!

Axel

anikin
05-04-2011, 05:44 PM
My print is in the mail to a sunnier place.

Christopher Walrath
05-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Hey, guys. I have had other things occupying my mind lately and I lost most of my files on the exchange to boot. So, this is gonna be kind of self sustaining for a while until I can get back up and running.

David William White
05-04-2011, 10:33 PM
no worries, chris. you're about one hundred thousand percent excused.

paul_c5x4
05-05-2011, 02:46 AM
Take your time Chris - We all understand the situation you find yourself in.

dfoo
05-05-2011, 06:23 AM
I just received not one, but two great prints from Matthew (dfoo). I really like them, especially the one of the "propulsion system" of a spacecraft(?). Very nice tones on both of them; the paper feels and looks like Ilford multigrade FB, very nice. Thank you Matthew!

Axel

Thanks alot Axel, I hope you enjoy them! That shot is of some F-1 rocket engines attached to a Saturn V in the Huntsville U.S. Space & Rocket Center. Both prints are on Kentmere FB, developed in Dektol and toned in Selenium.

ccross
05-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Hello all,

Received a very nice print, beautifully mounted/matted print from Axel (alroldan12) in the mail today. I love hte tone in the print. I've never had a chance to try any of the Oriental papers, but think I might have to.

Thanks Axel.

Craig

alroldan12
05-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Thank you Craig. I am very glad you like it.

Take care,

Axel

anikin
05-06-2011, 05:11 PM
I have received two excellent matted prints from Jim O. Perfect timing! I just sent mine out couple of days ago.
I like your style "what you see at first is not what the print is all about." Interesting scale reversal of size versus
meaning. I especially love the "birds on the pier", aka "statue of Liberty" print. Just super. At first, I thought that longer focal length would have brought fore and background to the comparable scale, but now I actually like your interpretation better. Very unconventional and cool!

I'm out of this round. See y'all on the next BPX!

JimO
05-11-2011, 01:20 PM
anikin - thanks for your insightful and generous comments... i hope you enjoy an "alternate" view of NYC sights.

lorirfrommontana
05-12-2011, 11:32 AM
I finally got my prints done! I've been very uninspired this winter and really had to search for negatives that I wanted to print! This has really made me want to get out and do some shooting. Don't want to have nothing to print ever again!!! They are under books being flattened right now but will get sent out by Monday. Sorry so late!
-Lori

semeuse
05-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Received a gorgeous print from anikin - a riot of color lights and soft reflections. The play of light throughout is inspirational. Makes me seriously consider getting back into some color printing (haven't done any in over twenty years). Thanks - Kris

anikin
05-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Thank you Kris for your kind comments. I'm so grad you like it. Enjoy!

Laurent
05-20-2011, 10:12 AM
My prints are finally in the mail !!

Sorry for the delay