PDA

View Full Version : BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE ROUND 13 (BPX13) - STATUS AND UPDATES

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

JNaetke
05-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Mine are in the mail as well, I just came back from the post office :)
One matted and one unmatted print (to make up for the delay) are now on their way.

Great stuff this round, I'll make sure to make the next one!

Laurent
05-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Mine are in the mail as well, I just came back from the post office :)
One matted and one unmatted print (to make up for the delay) are now on their way.

Great stuff this round, I'll make sure to make the next one!

And they arrived today in Chateauneuf !

Two very nice prints (in fact, not so nice, I'm just craving for a Mamiya C330 these days,and they give me more reasons to go looking for one !!).

Many thanks !!

JNaetke
05-31-2011, 12:38 AM
And they arrived today in Chateauneuf !

Two very nice prints (in fact, not so nice, I'm just craving for a Mamiya C330 these days,and they give me more reasons to go looking for one !!).

Many thanks !!

Thanks, glad you like them :>

And yes, this camera is truly a wonderful creature - took some time for me to find an excellent one though...

Have fun with those prints.
Cheers.

UKJohn
06-01-2011, 04:28 AM
Wow, I'm way behind but I have at last got my print done....it will be in the post come Saturday (and to my recipient sorry for taking so long)

Also, let me apologise to John (Meadows), I have received your prints, two in fact and both are great, a pair of lovely cyanotypes - thank you.

I have to say I love these exchanges as I am building up such a wide range of processes and wonderful prints, just fantastic!!

Many Thanks

John

picker77
06-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Wow, got a really nice print of an old International truck a few days ago. Man, if that truck could only talk... Thanks, Bill, beautiful work! And hang in there with the health battles, my prayers are with you.

Chris, you can check off my sent and received boxes. This BPX thing has been fun, thanks for running the show.

Jerry

picker77
06-03-2011, 03:40 PM
I should also have mentioned Bill did the print on Forte PWT paper using LD20 lith developer, and the results were amazing to say the least. Because Bill got my curiosity up about it I read up a little on lith developing, and although I'd love to try it, it's clearly something downstream for me, after I've passed Darkroom 101 and 201!

Christopher Walrath
06-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Alright, folks. Here is the rundown.

This is the 'Not' version of the list. If your username is on this list it is because I do not have verification in this thread as to whether or no you have sent/received. Given recent events, it is possible that someone's name will be on these lists in error. But here's a go.

Not Sent Yet
htimsdj
lorirfrommontana
23mjm
UKJohn (sending today?)
djhopscotch
Pavel+
JimO

Not Received Yet
gurkenprinz
ghostcount
dfoo
paul_c5x4
htimsdj
lorirfrommonatana
23mjm
UKJohn
Fleath
djhopscotch
Pavel+
JohnMeadows

If you are on on of these lists and should not be, let me know here on this thread.
For those of you on this thread, let's get this one in the books, shall we.

Christopher Walrath
06-03-2011, 11:11 PM
On a seperate note, I beleive I am going to step down as Blind Print Exchange organizer. Anyone who would like to step up and take the reigns for Round 14 in July, or whenever it gets going, please feel free to PM me and I will get you going as a mod, via Sean's good graces, of course.

I just find myself trimming away a few things here and there that take time away from me spending more time with my children. I'm not smithering them by an stretch. Wish I could give them away. No, all seriousness aside, I just need to get myself straight and the exchange needs more attention than I am giving to it to do it justice. So, any takers?

hpulley
06-04-2011, 05:41 AM
Thanks, Chris.

If no one else steps up, I can take over the exchange until you want it back.

picker77
06-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Chris, you can take Bill Williams off the "not sent" list, I received his print about a week ago.
Jerry

Christopher Walrath
06-05-2011, 07:17 PM
A couple of corrections so that the above list is, now, correct.

hpulley
06-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Perhaps she'll reply herself but in post #97 on May 12th, lorirfrommontana reported that she had finished her print and was sending it out the following Monday.

Christopher Walrath
06-06-2011, 06:53 AM
I only recorded those who stated 'it's in the post' or some such. I'll send out verification PM"s tonight.

JimO
06-07-2011, 10:01 AM
please see message on 6 may 11...

new to the group, so not sure how notification of print sent and rec'd is accomplished ... please see message date above from anikin who rec'd the prints i sent.

lorirfrommontana
06-09-2011, 03:36 PM
OK. I did get my print sent Yesterday. A couple of weeks after I said I would. I'm such a procrastinator! I have not received a print yet. I am having a few light leak and dust issues in my darkroom. Doesn't show up on 35mm format but my 120 format negs look awful! I've got to get this handled before my prints for fair. Oh, well. I have finally got my prints sent.
-Lori

Christopher Walrath
06-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Alright. Cool on the updates. Lemme take the weekend to sort things out and see where we are and we'll get this baby wrapped up.

Laurent
06-16-2011, 02:51 AM
Any news from my "recipient" ? I'd have thought my prints would have crossed the ocean now. If they're lost then I'll have to print again...

Christopher Walrath
06-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Alrighty. I have sent PM's to everyone that is on the following lists asking for updates I have not received or simply to remind folks and find out what's up. Unfortunately, in the days immediately following Faith's passing, I did something stupid ((I know, The Horror) ;) I erased all of my BPX files. I can piece together round 13 and find out who was to send to whom. But the historical files are all a'gone. Ne'er to be seen again. So, in future rounds, be sure to include to Harold anyone you sent to' receiived from so he can try and avoid repeats.

Now, if your username is on this list it is because I do not have verification in this thread as to whether or no you have sent/received. Given recent events, it is possible that someone's name will be on these lists in error. But here's a go.

Not Sent Yet
htimsdj
23mjm
UKJohn
djhopscotch
Pavel+

Not Received Yet
gurkenprinz
ghostcount
dfoo
paul_c5x4
htimsdj
lorirfrommontana
23mjm
UKJohn
Fleath
djhopscotch
Pavel+

Either answer here or respond to my PM.

gurkenprinz
06-20-2011, 04:00 AM
Hi,

received my print from Lori last week. Actually, a tryptichon with the topic of woods. Liked the difference in the images as well as the paper they were printed on! Thanks Lori!

djhopscotch
06-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Over the weekend i received 3 prints from Laurent. Of the three my favorite is of a wave during high tide, i really like the way the grain came out and how the sky looks. I am really impressed with all three though, my wife is too she has asked me to frame them for the kitchen. Good work and thanks for sharing them with me.

As for my prints i am late again and the heat spell has put of my darkroom work, i am truly sorry and i hope to have them in the post by weeks end.