PDA

View Full Version : Macro lens for Mamiya AFDIII

haring
02-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Hey!

What is the best macro lens for a Mamiya AFDIII? Should I get a mamiya or look for lenses from other manufacturers (Hassy, etc)...?

John Koehrer
02-03-2011, 09:01 PM
If you want it to fit the camera, you're going to need the Mamiya lens.

Dan Fromm
02-04-2011, 04:43 AM
If you want it to fit the camera, you're going to need the Mamiya lens.I thought that too, John, but checked. The product description at B&H says "Lens mount: Bayonet Mamiya 645 AF Mount; M645 Mount can be used with strict limitations (manual focus confirmation, stopped-down metering) Also compatible with Hasselblad V series lenses (manual focus confirmation, focus aid, stop-down exposure metering). Requires optional Lens Mount Adapter #310-244 (Black) or #310-245 (Silver)"

John Koehrer
02-04-2011, 11:34 PM
I didn't realize there were mount adapters in those combinations.
Anyway in the interest of consistency I'd still go with the Mamiya lenses. Unless you already have a Hasselblad lens and just need the mount.

keithwms
02-04-2011, 11:40 PM
I think the manual 80/4 should fit. It's a superb lens, floating element with lots of extension. It won't disappoint. I have one and like it so much that I sometimes use it via an adapter on my 35mm cameras.

Now about adapters... you can mount just about *any* lens on there for macro with one of my patented, I-need-it-right-now / ghetto adapters. You take the rear lens cap for the lens you want to put on, and the body cap for the mamiya, put them back to back and glue them together. Then drill through the combo after they've dried together. Presto. Mamiya-to-anything adapter :D Put a fast 35mm macro lens on there! Go nuts!

Dan Fromm
02-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Keith, the adapter the B&H sells is made by Mamiya, not by an obscure machine shop somewhere in the PRC. Have you gone nuts?

keithwms
02-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Haha, my Chinese adapter is actually very good. But it took three weeks to get to me. I am not the patient sort! Hence the other retrofits...

But yes, I suspect that I have gone nuts on several occasions. Comes with the territory.

haring
02-11-2011, 12:12 AM
I think the manual 80/4 should fit. It's a superb lens, floating element with lots of extension. It won't disappoint. I have one and like it so much that I sometimes use it via an adapter on my 35mm cameras.

Now about adapters... you can mount just about *any* lens on there for macro with one of my patented, I-need-it-right-now / ghetto adapters. You take the rear lens cap for the lens you want to put on, and the body cap for the mamiya, put them back to back and glue them together. Then drill through the combo after they've dried together. Presto. Mamiya-to-anything adapter :D Put a fast 35mm macro lens on there! Go nuts!

hmmmm.. is this real? Do you have a photo...:)

haring
02-11-2011, 12:13 AM
If you want it to fit the camera, you're going to need the Mamiya lens.

I don't want to stick to Mamiya. I can use an adapter and mount other lenses as well.

Jennychoo
03-29-2011, 08:28 AM
thx for you answers

keithwms
03-29-2011, 06:10 PM
hmmmm.. is this real? Do you have a photo...:)

Why sure....

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/keithwms/snapshots/?action=view&current=rbrzadapter.jpg