PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 22 - Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16

Moopheus
03-25-2011, 09:29 PM
A few more have come in-

George Nova Scotia--Cobequid bay--cool textures.
Kraker--Hadrian's Wall--Nice figureplacement.
Ozphoto--Hands--nice hands
Rob Skeoch--The color surprise!

Laurent
03-26-2011, 07:33 AM
I finally was able to send my cards yesterday, so they should reach their destination soon...

In the meantime, I received :

Moopheus' Metropolitan pipe, very peaceful view.

OzPhoto's Hands Very nice image, the minimalist look works fine !

Rob Skeoch's color card. Lovely colors, and nice model !

Thanks !

ozphoto
03-27-2011, 12:56 AM
A quick update on cards here in BKK:

Moopheus' : Metropolitan Pipe - nice feel, I agree "peaceful" is a very good description, Laurent
Rob Skeoch's : Colour Portrait - nice lens! Great colours - it really stands out on the pinboard here at my local coffee shop.

Oxleyroad
03-29-2011, 06:50 AM
Five more cards in the last week. In no specific order and all brilliant, even one in colour! Kraker - Hadrians wall, drpsilver - Moonlight Bolinas Lagoon, George Nova Scotia - Cobequid Bay, Rob Skeoch - Voigtlaender lens test, and Laurent - Ice bird.

Fourteen cards out of thirty so far.

Laurent
03-29-2011, 07:06 AM
Five more cards in the last week. In no specific order and all brilliant, even one in colour! Kraker - Hadrians wall, drpsilver - Moonlight Bolinas Lagoon, George Nova Scotia - Cobequid Bay, Rob Skeoch - Voigtlaender lens test, and Laurent - Ice bird.

Fourteen cards out of thirty so far.

That's been fast !! Thanks for the confirmation.

hpulley
03-29-2011, 07:07 AM
I'm at 10/20 received so far.

seadrive
03-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Right on deadline (as usual), my cards should go out tomorrow.

I've received a card from:

Dave Martiny
Moopheus
sly
drpsilver
Kevin Kehler
Laurent
Rob Skeoch
George Nova Scotia
Oxleyroad
Mike Wilde
rst
anikin

Great range of styles, all very nice images.

Sorry for taking so long to get my cards out, guys!

Steve

MattKing
03-30-2011, 07:43 PM
My cards are finally done and were mailed yesterday. The cards addressed to Canadian recipients went via Canada Post while the US and international cards went via the United States Postal Service. Thanks for all your patience.

I’ve previously commented on the cards I received from 8 people. Since then, I’ve received cards from 8 other people (plus myself :)):

anikin - “Tinkle Bell” - the blue toning and the subject make me want to shiver - in a good way :)
drpsilver - “Moonlight, Bolinas Lagoon” - really like the cool tone
Fleath - “Hard Rubbish” - an evocative image printed well
George Nova Scotia - “Cobequid Bay” - strong geometry and nice atmosphere
Kevin Kehler - “Frozen Leaves” - this makes me want to reach out and touch the (no doubt brittle) subject
kraker - “Sycamore Gap” - imposing and eerie - like the print
Laurent - “Ice Bird” - interesting curves, well seen
MattKing - “True Love” - looks kind of familiar :)
Rob Skeoch - “Voigtlander on Ektar” - great colour image - really shows off an interesting lens

16 down, 12 to go :)

Thanks to everyone for participating.

Azzy
04-01-2011, 07:12 AM
All my cards on their way, at last. :)

I have received the following so far, all wonderful images:
BlackDog - A moment observed...
Laurent - Ice bird
Rob Skeoch's colour print
Moopheus - Canal street
George Nova Scotia - Cobequid Bay
Kevin Kehler - frozen leaves
anikin - Tinkle Bell

lorirfrommontana
04-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Well, Once again I am running late. I did finally get my postcards printed though! I'll get them addressed and mailed out by next weekend (I'm on a long stretch at work). Sorry so late! Thanks for all the great cards I've received so far. I really enjoy seeing all of the work of the creative people in this group! The new darkroom is bigger but not quite as convenient as the old one. I'm starting to make it mine slowly. I think more time in there would do the trick. Have a great day everyone.

Black Dog
04-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Untitled by Dave Martiny-you certainly can make a photo out of just about anything, and very successfully too....the leaves really look like flames.

F1.1 by Rob Skeoch-a rare but welcome colour image.Nice bokeh and clashing reds/blues.

Ice Bird by Laurent-Lovely delicate details and encourages you to really look closely.

Moonlight, Bolinas Lagoon by Darwin-where does sea end and sky begin ? As you say 'peace'!

hpulley
04-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Got Laurent's Ice Bird Today, thanks! Why do trees grow ice like that at times? I've seen it, so transient!

9 more to go...

George Nova Scotia
04-01-2011, 07:24 PM
A handful of cards over the last couple weeks.

Rob Skeoch's wonderful colour card.
kraker's Hadrian's Wall. Great framing, everything flows nicely.
Drpsilver's Moonlight, Bolinas Lagoon. Makes me want to try some shots after dark as well.
Laurent's Ice Bird has flown all the way to Canada. I'll bet there a few in my yard tonight. Today started out sunny, it snowed for a bit, then rain and ice pellets for a few hours more, just a little drizzle now, almost nice.
Ozphoto's Hands. A great image, a memory worthy of framing for some time to come. Interesting paper as well.

Roger Thoms
04-01-2011, 10:32 PM
I'm out of town and will be home in about a week. Sounds like there will some great cards waiting when I arrive home.

I have to apologize for being late with my cards. I will send them, probably mid April.

Roger

hpulley
04-02-2011, 05:57 AM
Summary, I've received cards from:
anikin
Black Dog
drpsilver
George Nova Scotia
gurkenprinz
Kevin Kehler
Laurent
Moopheus
Rob Skeoch
rst
sly

gordrob
04-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Mine are printed and ready to go into the mail tomorrow. We had a foot of snow yesterday so I was able to put off the outside chores and get back into the darkroom.

Gord

kraker
04-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Two received last week:

Rob Skeoch, 50mm 1.1 wide open. Nice lens, nice shot, thanks.
Laurent, Ice bird. ("Well, I feel sorry for the frozen bird.") A nice shot and a good reminder about keeping your eyes open all the time. And acting on what they see.

anikin
04-05-2011, 02:01 PM
More cards found their way to my desk:

BoxBrownie Southwick Hill point. Beautiful selenium toning.
kraker Sicamore gap. Great wide angle shot. I love how the horizon wraps around the tree.
drpsilver Moonlight. Great atmosphere of calmness. The tones, the sparkles of water. Excellent.
Kevin Kehler A beautiful garland of flowers. You describe them as frozen leaves. I think I'm I confused...
George Nova Scotia Cobequid Bay. I like the texture of sand and how the zigzag pattern captures your eye and brings it to the little house in the distance.
seadrive Rocks and Grass. Great textures.
Laurent Ice bird. Super capture!
ozphoto In my opinion, one of the best from the exchange so far. Simple, beautiful and very meaningful! Can you please share details on your printing. What paper, toning, etc? Thanks!
Rob Skeoch Color portrait. A great answer to those who ask how well Ektar works for skin tones. Excellent job!

Laurent
04-10-2011, 01:05 PM
This week I received three cards :

Crispin's Cornwall, first light. Wonderful color image of what looks like a very peaceful morning on the see.

Seadrive's Rocks and Grass, Dam pond. Very nice abstract detail, I love the different textures.

Matt King's True Love. Nice capture, I like the texture of the bark, and the memories it brings back.

Thanks !

kraker
04-10-2011, 02:46 PM
One card received this week:

Matt King's True Love. A great print. Been looking at it the whole week. It is as if the tree is really here. It is so real. Great shot, great print, and... lovely paper.