PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 22 - Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

piu58
02-13-2011, 03:37 AM
>I have an extra postcard here on my desk, Uwe, would you be interested to exchange 1 extra print?

Dear vyshemirksy,

I have an extra card too. If you e-mail me your adress I snail mail you the card.

piu58
02-13-2011, 03:45 AM
>Better still, scan and post it in the gallery (unless you want to send one to everyone )

A scan is not the real thing, but look here:

http://kometen.fg-vds.de/I/elephantchurch.jpg

It is secession style like large parts of the Budapest zoological garden.

Roger Thoms
02-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Received Vlad's "Opium" nice image, really like all the tones and textures, and the fiber paper is good too.

Roger

paul_c5x4
02-13-2011, 12:27 PM
A scan is not the real thing, <snip>
It is secession style like large parts of the Budapest zoological garden.

Thanks - These older buildings have an appeal that is lacking in much modern architecture.

Black Dog
02-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Likewise!

Oxleyroad
02-14-2011, 01:47 AM
BTW, while we talk about the labels here, I put a list of the labels in print form into the PM as well as a line representation which might we good to import into some office programs as address data. Is anyone using this representation at all? And if so, are there any problems using it or would it be better in another format?

Cheers
Ruediger

I use both formats, alternating each round. Still have not decided which method is better... Thanks for the opportunity to procrastinate and decide which works better.

Oxleyroad
02-14-2011, 02:08 AM
Just caught up on all of the past 6-7 pages of this thread and surprised we have nearly 3 pages discussing labels and labeling...

Anyway, Mike Wildes three postcards came in the post today. Thanks Mike. I like them all, and the stories behind each one. Wished I had kept a heap of some old paper I had from the 70s when I first played in the dark room with my dad. Could not get it to develop successfully in commercial developers so threw it out as I did not think there was an alternative for me:(. Have since learned there is, just make my own soup.

My prints went out today.

drpsilver
02-14-2011, 02:13 AM
13 Feb 2011

To All:

Last Friday I received a call informing me that my uncle had just died. I will be attending his funeral on Friday, returning on Sunday. This means not time in the darkroom this weekend. Additionaly it means that I will not have my cards in the mail until early March, maybe earlier if things work out well.

Regards,
Darwin

rst
02-14-2011, 02:30 AM
Last Friday I received a call informing me that my uncle had just died. I will be attending his funeral on Friday, returning on Sunday. This means not time in the darkroom this weekend. Additionaly it means that I will not have my cards in the mail until early March, maybe earlier if things work out well.
Sorry about your uncle Darwin. I doubt that sending early March will make you to a latecomer. Last rounds showed that it is good to have a four month schedule. So do not feel bad if you send early March.

And honestly, I see postcards arriving late as an extension of the fun. IIRC in the round 20 timeframe I received a postcard for round 16. That was a nice surprise.

Cheers
Ruediger

Black Dog
02-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Me too-just recieved one from last year!

piu58
02-14-2011, 03:52 PM
I got my first card from round 22. It is the "Early morning in India" from gurkenprinz. A fantastic light situation. Everything is blurry in that image, but the effect is great! My wife likes the photo very much too.
Christian, vielen Dank!

gurkenprinz
02-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Thank you for your kind words, Uwe! By the way, did you watermark that postcard paper with your name/signature? If so, how? Pretty cool stuff…

I, meanwhile, have received vyshemirskys „opium“ – a beautiful flower-close up! It is a very strong image, and very well printed!
I also received Mike Wilde’s 3-for-1 special in an envelope. As I have come to expect from you, 3 very different images on old papers - great to see them being put to use.

gurkenprinz

piu58
02-15-2011, 12:39 PM
By the way, did you watermark that postcard paper with your name/signature?
Lieber Christian, das sind Prägestempel. In Deutschland bekommst du so was bei Overmann: http://www.stempel-overmann.com/index.php?id=159

Roger Thoms
02-15-2011, 11:54 PM
Received a great card from Paul_c5x4, I think I'm being attacked.

Roger

Mick Fagan
02-16-2011, 01:21 AM
Uwe, interesting link, reasonably expensive, especially as the AUD is now quite high to the Euro, so before it would have been very expensive from our point of view.

Do you have the desk model? (Tischprägezange Rund). Table top model, I think is a more correct translation.

I manufacture these myself, neat little units, but a bit stretched when using photographic paper if you use a full size image.

Mick.

Laurent
02-16-2011, 03:20 AM
Yesterday I got GurkenPrinz's Early Morning in India. The picture has something unreal, might be a long exposure, and a surprising perspective (I thought I was the only one to use a "Weed Level Finder" :D )

Also Paul_c5x4 Jaguar SS120 Mascot. Very nice close-up of this mascot.

Thanks !

vyshemirsky
02-16-2011, 07:09 AM
I got GurkenPrinz's pub celebration. Very contrasty, documentary-style photograph. I think I was supporting Germany too. :) Can't really remember, not a big fan of football. :p

sepiareverb
02-16-2011, 09:22 AM
My twenty went out on Monday, from Island Pond VT, near the Canadian border.

piu58
02-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Do you have the desk model? (Tischprägezange Rund). Table top model, I think is a more correct translation.

Dear Mick, I have the simpler model "Handprägezange Gerade".

meltronic
02-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Okay. My cards have all gone out as of day before yesterday, so they should be arriving soon enough. I've received Mike Wilde's 3-pack and I like them very much. I especially like the restaurant scene, with all the faces paying attention in different directions. Makes for a dynamic picture. Thank you Mike.