PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 22 - Comments and Feedback

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

rst
02-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Hi all,

Again, as in previous rounds, let us move from the sign-up thread to this thread to collect comments, feedback, being-late-announcements and my-cards-are-in-the-mail-messages.

I am looking forward to this new round and I hope that everybody will have fun.

Cheers
Ruediger

And here is again the list of this rounds participants:

5stringdeath (20)
anikin (MAX)
Aron (MAX)
Azzy (15)
BirgerA (MAX)
Black Dog (MAX)
BoxBrownie (20)
ccross (20)
crispinuk (25)
Dave Martiny (30)
djhopscotch (25)
drpsilver (MAX)
Fleath (MAX)
George Nova Scotia (MAX)
gordrob (30)
gurkenprinz (40)
HowardDvorin (MAX)
hpulley (20)
htimsdj (10)
ignatiu5 (25)
johnnywalker (20)
jst (15)
Kevin Kehler (MAX)
kraker (25)
Laurent (MAX)
lorirfrommontana (MAX)
Marianne (20)
markrewald (MAX)
MattKing (28)
meltronic (25)
Mick Fagan (61)
Mike Wilde (30)
Moopheus (MAX)
Oxleyroad (30)
ozphoto (20)
paul_c5x4 (15)
piu58 (20)
rai (25)
Rob Skeoch (MAX)
rst (40)
rtbadman (MAX)
seadrive (25)
sepiareverb (20)
sly (40)
Tim Gray (MAX)
vyshemirsky (20)
Wayne Frederick (20)

And the extra addresses for those with some spare cards:

Sean Ross
P.O. Box 478
Whangaparaoa
Hibiscus Coast
New Zealand

Simon Galley
HARMAN Technology Ltd
Town Lane
Mobberley, Knutsford
Cheshire, WA16 7JL
United Kingdom

Brad Kruchten
President Film Products Group
Eastman Kodak Company
343 State Street
Rochester, New York 14650
USA

Black Dog
02-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Let the mayhem begin:D!

Mike Wilde
02-03-2011, 05:17 PM
I printed and organized my mailings over the Christmas holidays, when home with the kids on their school break.
So I stamped and addressed the cards (well envelopes, I confess, to the consternation of some), and am about to mail them.
I have a couple of 'extras' held back for the inevitable address changes, etc.

Now I am off to the rest of the fun for the evening - doing a better job of shoveling the driveway, after yesterday's snow is now finished, and the winds have finally died down and stopped blowing it around.

piu58
02-04-2011, 12:13 PM
My cards are on it's way. Enjoy it!

vyshemirsky
02-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Mine are printed and ready to be sent. What should I write on the back?
Just the address? My name as well? The title of the photograph or anything else?

mooseontheloose
02-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Your name is always good. A lot of people write some of the details (film, developer, paper, camera) on the back as well, but it's certainly not required.

(sorry - I'm not in this exchange although I've been in quite a few. Enjoy!)

MattKing
02-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Mine are printed and ready to be sent. What should I write on the back?
Just the address? My name as well? The title of the photograph or anything else?

I always appreciate your APUG screen name and an indication that it is sent as part of Postcard Exchange #22. A title is nice too. And additional details - they are great!

piu58
02-05-2011, 02:14 AM
Dear vyshemirsky,

it is advisable to use adhesive labes for the adress and the text as well. Most of us write the text this way.

hpulley
02-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Printed 25 today for my first postcard exchange on Ilford MGIV RC Portfolio postcard! 20 for the exchange plus Sean, Brad, Simon and Sue at Ilford as well plus one for myself to see how it survives a short trip through the post.

I thought we were supposed to wait until tomorrow before posting them in case of address problems? I suppose we can always print and send more if there are errors.

I have some mailing labels so perhaps I'll see if I can get my printer to spit them out before I give up in frustration. My penmanship is not the neatest but I will do my best if it comes down to that...

I think I'll go for the max next time as it is fun. I don't usually print this small (5x7 is usually my smallest) and I never print in quantity like this so it is good practice. Usually I just print make prints until I get it right while this time I had to make an exposure test print, 3 working prints and then try to make 25 ones that are the same. There are variations of course... I considered going easy on myself and printing one which can be printed straight but I opted instead for one that I had to dodge and burn, again good practice though I got a bit mechanical and linear at one point, must remember to keep my motions circular even when doing the same motions for 25 prints in a row.

Tim Gray
02-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Man, some of you guys are fast. I certainly haven't decided on a picture yet; it's quite possible I haven't taken it yet :D I'm down on postcard paper too and need to order that...

Roger Thoms
02-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I have some film in my shopping cart at B and H so at least I'm started. :D

Roger

Black Dog
02-06-2011, 01:49 PM
First learn stand, then learn fly:D

hpulley
02-06-2011, 04:50 PM
I changed my mind a few times about the picture already and though I'd better just print it already! I'll get addressing soon and will post them this week.

piu58
02-07-2011, 12:31 AM
I have some mailing labels so perhaps I'll see if I can get my printer to spit them out before I give up in frustration.

If you use Microsoft Word, you can use its label function. It allows to give all measures: Labes sizes, room between the labes and borders. Works quite well.

hpulley
02-07-2011, 04:41 AM
I'll try that, thanks!

rst
02-07-2011, 05:27 AM
OK, this round the winner is Uwe (piu58). His postcard arrived today in my mailbox. I like it although it fooled me a little bit. At first glance I thought that it shows a church interior but then I got some doubts and turning the card gave the insights ...

Cheers
Ruediger

5stringdeath
02-07-2011, 12:37 PM
If you use Microsoft Word, you can use its label function. It allows to give all measures: Labes sizes, room between the labes and borders. Works quite well.

There are presets for almost all the Avery labels as well. Very easy to use.

Rob Skeoch
02-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Boy you guys are out of the gate fast. Great effort. Mine are yet to be decided. LOL
-rob

sly
02-08-2011, 11:16 PM
What are you talking about Rob? If you haven't decided on negative yet, how is it possible that I RECIEVED your card today along with my order of postcard paper?

My first card for this round is a photo from Rob of a derelict car and barn printed on the yet to be released new Ilford paper. I like the heft and the surface of the new paper. Nice tonal qualities for this print. Does it lith at all?

MattKing
02-08-2011, 11:29 PM
I think that's Rob's postcard from Round 21.

Isn't it neat!

IIRC, there's a thread here on APUG about the paper that answers your lith question.