PDA

View Full Version : A/NZ PX Round #3 - Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Oxleyroad
04-07-2011, 07:33 AM
Latest up date. Looks like I will be sorting prints and puting in the post over the weekend.

Group One
1,Munz6869 - rec'd
2,Michael W - rec'd
3,Tomalophicon - rec'd
4,SMBooth - rec'd
5,Andrew K - Rec'd
6,Timk - rec'd
7,Walbergb - rec'd

Group Two
1,Oxleyroad - Done
2,Seabird - rec'd
3,Fleath - I should have Friday 8th April.
4,Hoffy - rec'd
5,Kevin Caulfield - Rec'd
6,Barrie B. - rec'd

Oxleyroad
04-08-2011, 05:39 AM
All prints rec'd. Prints will be dropped off at the postoffice posting box tomorrow, and Rob W of Canada will see his prints posted Monday.

Thanks to Shane B and Marc M for offering an extra print to me.

Outstanding images from everyone. I will wait a few days before I comment so everyone gets a chance to the prints for themselves.

hoffy
04-08-2011, 06:19 AM
Well done to everyone! That is an awesome effort. One week out is a win!

Looking forward to my care package!

Kevin Caulfield
04-08-2011, 06:28 AM
Well done to everyone! That is an awesome effort. One week out is a win!

Looking forward to my care package!

I agree with hoffy. One week late for the two groups is a great effort.

Thanks to Andy for cracking the whip.

Oxleyroad
04-08-2011, 05:16 PM
I agree with hoffy. One week late for the two groups is a great effort.

Thanks to Andy for cracking the whip.

No worries. If we can keep this sort of timing moving forward, that will be the real achievement.

timk
04-09-2011, 06:06 AM
nice effort, have fun sorting prints, I find a large table or floor works well, probably easier than it was for me with only 6-7 people in each group

Oxleyroad
04-09-2011, 08:46 AM
nice effort, have fun sorting prints, I find a large table or floor works well, probably easier than it was for me with only 6-7 people in each group

Thanks for the advice Tim. I was thinking when sorting prints how on earth did you manage with two groups of ten. I did have a big table, and the rest of the family was out. At the end I am sure I got it all sorted, no doubles, no one missed.

Oxleyroad
04-11-2011, 05:16 AM
All packages in the post except for Rob W as I was enjoying work so much :laugh:, that I missed the post office. Will do tomorrow.

timk
04-11-2011, 08:53 AM
got mine today, about to open them, thanks everyone and to Andy for organising!

SMBooth
04-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Thankfully mine turned up yesterday because the postie left them on top on the letterbox, today they just would of been a sodden mess.

munz6869
04-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Mine turned up yesterday, which cheered me up no end because a few hours earlier my beautiful Fuji 6x8 rangefinder was stolen - whilst I had it at work!!! So thanks Andy and everyone for turning a crap day into a less crap day!!!

I'll write up some comments in due course...

Marc!

Kevin Caulfield
04-11-2011, 09:36 PM
I just realised mine are hopefully waiting for me in my post office box. I think I'll wait for the rain to slow down a bit before I venture out to check.

hoffy
04-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Mine came today. Looks like Aust Post forgot to put there kid gloves on, as the corners are a bit bent, but meh, such is life.

Anyhow......interesting to see a bit of colour in my packet. That came as a suprise!

BTW, Marc, I hope you can find out what happened to your camera. That has got to suck.

Cheers

Kevin Caulfield
04-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Mine turned up yesterday, which cheered me up no end because a few hours earlier my beautiful Fuji 6x8 rangefinder was stolen - whilst I had it at work!!! So thanks Andy and everyone for turning a crap day into a less crap day!!!

I'll write up some comments in due course...

Marc!

I'm so sorry to hear that, Marc. That really is a beautiful camera, one of the nicest photographic items I have ever seen. Not nice that it was stolen at work - that is sad. Hopefully it could still turn up.

Kevin Caulfield
04-12-2011, 03:07 AM
My prints were safe and dry at the post office. Good work everybody. I just seem to be missing an info sheet from Alex.

Thanks again for organising, Andy.

Barrie B.
04-12-2011, 03:34 AM
My prints from Group 2 were in my mail this morning, nice work everyone , pity there was not ten in the group.
............................ Cheers Barrie B.

Oxleyroad
04-12-2011, 04:42 AM
My prints were safe and dry at the post office. Good work everybody. I just seem to be missing an info sheet from Alex.

Thanks again for organising, Andy.

Now this explains why I had one of these sheets left over. If this is the only mistake I have not too badly at all. I will scan and post to you this evening.

Oxleyroad
04-12-2011, 05:23 AM
Now this explains why I had one of these sheets left over. If this is the only mistake I have not too badly at all. I will scan and post to you this evening.

Should have thought about this a bit more before I posted. If you want the original Kevin I will need your address again, that also goes for your electronic one as well as you don't have it on APUG.:confused:

Kevin Caulfield
04-12-2011, 05:27 AM
Should have thought about this a bit more before I posted. If you want the original Kevin I will need your address again.:confused:

Hi Andy, just a scan will be fine, thanks. I'll pm my email addy.

Thanks.

munz6869
04-16-2011, 03:41 AM
Thanks for your kind words Hoffy & Kevin - I am still a bit depressed about that camera...!

The prints, on the other hand... Here's a few comments for my group:

1. "The Uralla Mainline" - Tomalophicon - Well, I'm a sucker for fibre print tone, fog and railway photos, so this print just has all the essential ingredients for me. Love it.
2. "Untitled snowy Canadian photo" - Bob Walberg - Skillful printing that you can still see tone in the lightest bits of snow - and the dense, leafless branch detail of the birch trees is really nicely captured. I want to visit there... perhaps in summer though.
3. "Echo's Witness Arthouse 2010" - Timk - I remember the Arthouse... My guitar amp used to buzz during gigs as the trams went by... I am impressed with the facial detail, and the way it looms out of absolute black - that could almost be a crop in itself!!
4. "Untitled" - Michael W - Ralph Lambrecht put me onto this great German photographer who makes infrared photos of Castles (with a Linhof 617), and that's got me a bit keen on infrared lately. This picture is so otherworldly - I like how the foliage tonally dominates the picture in such a strange way.
5. "Eagle - Modern Ambrotype" - Andrew K - I find it hard to "love" inkjet prints, but I would love to see an actual ambrotype of this picture - all the ones you see in "View Camera" magazine seem to be of circus folk and frontier types (surely an exaggeration!), so it's a refreshing composition in this style.
6. "Holga pic" - Andrew K - How have you made this? Using a Holga, or a DSLR as in the description? Again, as an inkjet print, I reckon it suffers (for me) in being in a pile of darkroom prints that the tone and texture of the paper can be compared against. That said, I would like to see the negative as a darkroom print!
7. "Restored Couta Boat" - SMBooth - Timeless, clean and graphic image! The boat and the water are so pictorially clean, it's almost like a computer render. But it's not and thus means you're just jolly clever.

Another great exchange everybody - looking forward to round #4...

Marc!