PDA

View Full Version : 4th. Wk. of Waiting for a Member to Ship a Camera I Paid For - Suggestions?

Pages : [1] 2

3 Olives
03-01-2011, 06:27 PM
I've been waiting 4 wks for a member to ship a camera I paid for. He had excuses at first, but he has now stopped responding to PM's. He has been online here when and since the recent PM's were sent. This is quite frustrating.
Any suggestions?

3 Olives
03-01-2011, 06:34 PM
It's been 4 weeks. You have been here online and not responded to my PM's. It's time for you to ship the camera I paid for or send a refund via MO or certified check.

Christopher Walrath
03-01-2011, 06:36 PM
How was it paid for? Credit Card? Paypal (non gift)? You might have recourse through the mode of payment.

tkamiya
03-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Hey.... posting this as a general message without any reference to what or whom won't help you.... It's probably the best if you used PM to resolve your dispute.

3 Olives
03-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Hey.... posting this as a general message without any reference to what or whom won't help you.... It's probably the best if you used PM to resolve your dispute.

he has been online but stopped answering PM's.

tomalophicon
03-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Ship him his camera!!!! You know who you are:munch:

3 Olives
03-01-2011, 07:02 PM
How was it paid for? Credit Card? Paypal (non gift)? You might have recourse through the mode of payment.
He said he couldn't get paypal to work so I sent a personal check.

keithwms
03-01-2011, 07:03 PM
If this purchase was handled through apug classifieds then why not post inside that thread. Just a suggestion.

But yes, I agree that he should ship the camera, whoever he is! Or else we will bash him in this thread.

Sirius Glass
03-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Moderators, please merge these two threads.

Sirius Glass
03-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Moderators, please merge these two threads.

Rick A
03-01-2011, 07:07 PM
I sympathize with you, I've been waiting for two months for some Ilford paper and Rollei film purchased from a member. I used paypal, and still havent gotten my money back. I guess he shut his PP account down.

rrankin
03-01-2011, 07:22 PM
File a Paypal complaint and that might get things moving along better.

David A. Goldfarb
03-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Threads merged, but I think it makes the most sense to post in the thread where the camera was advertised originally.

J Rollinger
03-01-2011, 07:50 PM
This is the reason why i dont want to buy from the classifieds. We need a feedback option for sellers so we know if they are trustworthy.

Sirius Glass
03-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Threads merged, but I think it makes the most sense to post in the thread where the camera was advertised originally.

I agree. If the seller does not resolve the problem in one week, this thread should then be moved to the original ad. Then we would all know who the bad guy is.

Steve

brucemuir
03-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Well I saw one poor guy that DID reply in the original ad when he didn't receive his enlarging lens and he got chastised & the thread was closed???

LyleB
03-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Really sorry to hear about this. Very disappointing. Hope all works out well in spite of the delay. I've always had pretty good luck selling on this type of "special interest" board, but I guess it's always a bit of a risk.

I agree, move it to the original sale post if this isn't resolved soon so we can all know who to avoid in the future. It's a shame to have to worry about that.

jnanian
03-01-2011, 08:19 PM
if the deadbeat seller doesn't respond to email,
i have a feeling he won't care about posts in his/her for sale thread ..

( added 1hr later )

sometimes there are legit reasons for long delays &C.
have you tried an alternate email address or
making contact by telephone ?

Sirius Glass
03-01-2011, 08:30 PM
if the deadbeat seller doesn't respond to email,
i have a feeling he won't care about posts in his/her for sale thread ..

I disagree.

Anyone that sees the thread will avoid the seller if the problem is not quickly resolve.
The seller's name or pseudonym will start showing up on websites with the dirt.
If egregious enough, the seller will be banded from APUG.

When dirt gets thrown on the internet, it takes on a life of its own and never really dies. It is always there some place.

Steve

MattKing
03-01-2011, 08:38 PM
I'd suggest that you:

1) communicate the details with the moderators;
2) if they cannot resolve the matter to your satisfaction, request that they re-open the original thread (I'm assuming that it is closed) and allow you to post the details of the problem to that thread.

I might suggest that the moderators/Sean/Council consider making this approach a policy.

It is the lack of communication that is the concern - delays happen for a myriad of good and bad reasons.