PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Shooting Assignment March and April 2011 - Light and Shadow

Pages : 1 [2]

barbara ann
04-09-2011, 07:04 AM
No shame, please. Everybody has to work from where they are in life. Regardless of whether you send them out by necessity or desire, the fact that they get done is what counts.

When I first started getting back into photography after my nest was empty I sent everything out to begin.

I'm just delighted that there's enough demand that Ilford can even offer the service. So far as I know they are the only film manufacturer offering processing too. Kodak hasn't done in-house processing for a long, long time. And I cannot think of any others who offer it as a service.

Interesting! I never knew Ilford would process film. Can you tell me how to access their service?

barbara ann
04-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Dear sly and hpulley~
Many thanks for the info! I am SO isolated from film photographers (even though I curate for two small art galleries) that I don't hear about other methods for developing and printing. Folks look at me funny when I announce I only use film. But the jokes on them as they will never know the glorious feeling that comes when that image begins to appear in the developer tray!

hpulley
04-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Around here no one has done real optical enlargements for years so I have to do it myself! I print B&W and color in my basement and develop the film too as the labs here are slow and do a poor job on film these days. If you complain about the quality they just suggest you shoot digital sadly as that is most of their business these days, digicams and injket printers which just don't give me the results I want (or the process I want to use either).

bblhed
04-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Less light and shadow, and more trick of the light, I wish I could say I processed this myself, but this is a Dr5 slide, I wanted to see how the background would be affected by metering on the light bulb. I found out that it would go away completely.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5259/5477418469_a145297423_b.jpg

Bertus
04-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Nice to see that you have worked on the topic, I wonder what else is coming!
- Bert

bblhed
04-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Less light and shadow, and more trick of the light, I wish I could say I processed this myself, but this is a Dr5 slide, I wanted to see how the background would be affected by metering on the light bulb. I found out that it would go away completely.

Forgot to mention.
Nikon FA
Nikkor 105 f/2.5
f2.5 and spot metered on the 60Watt light bulb, I didn't notice the shutter speed.
Kodak TX400 shot at ISO 400, Dr5 processed.

Next time I should probably focus on the front of the shade, or stop down a little.
This slide projects really nicely.

Bertus
04-16-2011, 04:21 AM
Very nice, such beautiful and different contributions are made​​. I hope to see some more!

Diapositivo
04-16-2011, 04:30 AM
My contribution to the theme (taken from my existing collection):

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/praying-hands-fabrizio-ruggeri.html

Fabrizio

hpulley
04-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Another one I have to print, just can't seem to get printing time in the basement these days. Must endeavor to do so this weekend... so another negative scan for now...

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/files/4/4/3/6/8/old_corn_850.jpg

michaelbsc
04-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Another one I have to print, just can't seem to get printing time in the basement these days. Must endeavor to do so this weekend... so another negative scan for now...

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/files/4/4/3/6/8/old_corn_850.jpg

This one is excellent.

sly
04-16-2011, 08:21 PM
I'd about given up on the MSA. It's not much fun if only 3 or 4 people participate. There's been some terrific entries in the past week. Thanks for restoring my faith guys and gals.

Lawrenceu
04-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Hopefully I will have something this week to post. I've been way to busy and not able to get the developing done.

Bertus
04-17-2011, 06:16 AM
I thought the same too! (I think that the subject matter of the MSA is very important to keep it interesting for everyone).
I'd about given up on the MSA. It's not much fun if only 3 or 4 people participate. There's been some terrific entries in the past week. Thanks for restoring my faith guys and gals.

hpulley
04-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Another one, Ilford Warmtone in Berg Selenium:

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/files/4/4/3/6/8/textures.jpg

Bertus
04-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Only one week to go for the MSA light and shadow!

kraker
04-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Seems I managed just in time (well, with a few days to spare, even) to add something to the MSA gallery. Feels good to participate again.

mooseontheloose
04-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Well, I've finally managed to hit an MSA deadline -- just barely. I'm sure I could've posted more but I only have had the colour photos developed from my trip. Agree with Kraker -- feels good to participate once again.

mike c
04-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Sorry for not posting any photo's,I meant to but have been to busy dealing with the sale of my house.After that is done and I build a new dark room there will be more time to enjoy printing.Mike

Bertus
05-01-2011, 05:39 AM
It’s time to close the Monthly Shooting Assignment March-April 2011 “Light and Shadow” now.
After a slow start I was happy to see a lot of very nice and creative submissions.
I have to choice my favorite image now; in my bad English as usual; please help me!
But first I will thanks all of you for your fantastic photo’s in this threat and MSA:
Alphabetic there are: Barbara Ann, bblhed, diapositivo/fabrizio, hpulley, kraker, micallngelo, mooseontheloose, nsouto/noons, puptent, semeuse, sly, and a few samples from myself.
There are AT LEAST six or seven winners this time, but I will pick out two:
On the second place: Sun on Ferns from Sly.
An image with a mystic atmosphere, big impact of the light/shadow effect and a great composition. Photography is writing with light, we could see here!
Come with me my love from phulley is on the first place. The long shadow, fine subtle white/gray tones, the text, composition and contrast did it for me.
So congratulations hpulley, you can think about the juli/August MSA.

Nsouto (Noons) can start the may/juli assignment, success!!

hpulley
05-01-2011, 06:51 AM
Thanks so much! I will think of a good topic for July and August's MSA.