PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Shooting Assigment may-june 2011: "Markets"

Pages : [1] 2

zoopolis
03-09-2011, 01:40 PM
I apologize for the inconvenience, the reasons are privat problems.

For Monthly Shooting Assigment may-june 2011, I had a lot of work :),
and my opinion is that the best photography on this contest make a Nsouto.

Congratulations!

Nsouto , you are the leader of the may-june 2011 MSA.

nsouto
03-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks! Hope everything is alright with you.
Oh boy, in trouble again: gotta find a subject that suits the Summer time in the Northern Hemisphere and the Winter time over here...

mooseontheloose
05-04-2011, 06:07 AM
So....is there an assignment for May/June?

nsouto
05-04-2011, 06:53 AM
Terribly sorry for the delay on this! All I can offer as excuse is a "flat out at work", and it is absolutely true.

Anyways, on to lighter and more joyful things.

With Summer upon a lot of folks here and the mild and drier Southerly Winters we get Down Under, it's time to get out and enjoy the sunny weather ourselves.

The assignment for May-Jun is going to be:

Markets

As in: local flea markets, Summer outdoor markets, school market days, that sort of thing.

I'm after the atmosphere, the curious look when finding something unusual or a bargain, the odd looking family, the sceptical buyer, the boisterous kids, the haggling, etcetc. No need to include identifiable or recognizable single portraits, if that sort of thing rattles you.

Basically, the joy and excitment of human interaction at one of these events.

Enjoy your time outside, folks! I know I will.

mooseontheloose
05-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Great subject Nuno! I hope I can find something worthy here in Japan to submit for this assignment.

Bertus
05-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Yes, very good subject, I wil try to make some pictures on a market!

MattKing
05-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Good subject!

Now if a moderator (or David B?) could be persuaded to:
a) change the thread title to add "Markets";
b) make this thread a "Sticky"; and
c) remove the "Sticky" designation from the older threads so designated.

Hint, hint;)

David A. Goldfarb
05-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Done. There were a couple of random old ones that were sticky. I thought of leaving them just to add some mystery to the MSA.

alan951
05-05-2011, 08:08 AM
This is a great subject with the busy schedule I have, I would like to join the fun.

hpulley
05-07-2011, 06:32 AM
Thanks for the topic, lots of ideas for this one!

semeuse
05-07-2011, 06:56 AM
That should be fun. I've been looking for an excuse to get to the Farmers' Market...:)

barbara ann
05-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Dear Fellow MSAers,
I have some devastating news to share! My beloved N75 developed a glitch. When I took it to my dealer to be repaired, I was (literally) laughed at and told that film cameras have gone "bye-bye" ! The only thing I can do is send it to Nikon. IF they have the necessary parts, they will give me an estimate of what it would cost to repair it. If the repairs are too costly, they will return the camera to me, no charge.
All this time I've worried that they would stop making film for us to use. It never occurred to me that they would discontinue film cameras! I am SO sad. :(
barbara ann

mark
05-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Wow. What a good way to lose business. Sounds like it is time to find a different repair shop.

Ken Nadvornick
05-12-2011, 06:20 PM
My beloved N75 developed a glitch. When I took it to my dealer to be repaired, I was (literally) laughed at and told that film cameras have gone "bye-bye" ! The only thing I can do is send it to Nikon.

That would be the same Nikon that still sells a couple of brand new 35mm film camera models? Right?

Ken

semeuse
05-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Dear Fellow MSAers,
I have some devastating news to share! My beloved N75 developed a glitch. When I took it to my dealer to be repaired, I was (literally) laughed at and told that film cameras have gone "bye-bye" ! The only thing I can do is send it to Nikon. IF they have the necessary parts, they will give me an estimate of what it would cost to repair it. If the repairs are too costly, they will return the camera to me, no charge.
All this time I've worried that they would stop making film for us to use. It never occurred to me that they would discontinue film cameras! I am SO sad. :(
barbara ann

I don't know who you're using, but I would find someone else. I always had good luck with Bergen County Camera (http://www.bergencountycamera.com/page/31) - their Westwood store is only about a half hour or so from Kenilworth. If they can't fix it themselves, they will find someone who can.

barbara ann
05-15-2011, 08:09 AM
I don't know who you're using, but I would find someone else. I always had good luck with Bergen County Camera (http://www.bergencountycamera.com/page/31) - their Westwood store is only about a half hour or so from Kenilworth. If they can't fix it themselves, they will find someone who can.
Thanks for the info but Nikon will no longer send parts to repair shops! And they are no longer making parts for the N75. When their supply runs out, my camera will no longer be repairable . Also, I understand they will probably charge more than the camera is worth to fix it. I have another N75 (I used to keep one with B&W and one with color film) that I can still use, but when that one breaks, I guess I'm done...:pouty:

hpulley
05-15-2011, 08:26 AM
Luckily there are millions of other Nikon bodies available for cheap. I don't think there is any chance of working film bodies running out, ever.

maliha
05-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Markets
This sounds really interesting. I am new to APUG, so can anyone shed a little light? I tried to find threads concerning this but may be I'm not looking at the right place?

So I shoot photos that reflect the theme... and then? Upload here for all to see? Or is this supposed to be something like an incentive to shoot for oneself only?

Well, either way this sounds interesting... I think I'll shoot a couple or so rolls!! =)

hpulley
05-15-2011, 09:53 AM
When you upload to the gallery, choose the monthly shooting assignment sub-gallery and post a link to the image here too. This seems to be the best way.

Diapositivo
05-15-2011, 02:46 PM
This is my post for the assignment.

It's from my archive: Fish market in the covered market of Santiago del Chile, end of February 1999. What I like of this picture is that everybody is looking everywhere else with the exception of the boy in the centre of the picture, who is looking straight at the camera (his expression is probably not caught in the low-resolution attachment).

Fabrizio