PDA

View Full Version : Patterson Tank-Parts

Focus No. 9
03-10-2011, 06:18 PM
I purchased a SS Tank w/reels from a forum member last fall. The SS Tank/Reels disappeared and I accepted a plastic patterson tank with reels. Looking at a recent for sale ad for a patterson tank I realize the "replacement~clone" is incomplete.

For the price of shipping... CONUS only please. Missing part name is unknown, but could be a funnel/swivel stick?

Rick A
03-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Thats an Arista or AP brand (or other clone)tank.It appears the only part missing is the swizzle stick. The tank can be inversion agitated.
The set is usable as is. This is NOT a Paterson tank. I have one just like this, and a Paterson System 4 tank set. These sell for twenty bucks at Freestyle.

MattKing
03-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Actually, I think that may be a much older Paterson Universal 3 Tank - could it be a collector's item :)?

Here's a useful link:

http://www.photomemorabilia.co.uk/Paterson/Developing_Tanks.html

Here's a photo:

Focus No. 9
03-10-2011, 10:51 PM
thanks for the link Matt. Mine has white reels closely matching the 4, however the missing "thing" that i could not identify is called a plunger or ratchet(?). The way it is now, I could make a martini shaken not stirred.

There isn't a name on the tank. Marked on the bottom:Film sizes/cc volumes and "made in spain". perhaps this a simple inversion type-knock off and if so i apologize for my rant. Good Night.