PDA

View Full Version : Film Shooters Meet - April 30th in Toronto

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

David William White
03-23-2011, 04:11 PM
No worries...I know what you mean. I usually go with the view camera, but I'm likewise thinking about going fast and light with a rangefinder.

...I was just thinking outloud. I love challenges so see you there:)

CGW
03-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Distillery should be fun. Like David, I've had better luck around the edges and checking out the less obvious corners. Will probably bring a Bronica SQ-B and an F3 or N90s. Mamiya RB67 if I have a large breakfast and/or stay home the night before...

Axle
03-24-2011, 07:07 AM
This is awesome! :D Seriously all this positive feedback is making my week!

As for cameras, hm, I'm thinking my Contax G2 with the 45mm lens, maybe my F3 with the 50 1.4 AI-S, and the Rollei. Not to mention a handful of film.

Uncle Bill
03-24-2011, 04:47 PM
I have no idea what camera/s I'll pack with me, maybe my Rollei and a FM2 or perhaps just a pair of F2s.

David William White
04-07-2011, 08:44 AM
When: April 30th, 2011
Time: 1:00pm
Where: The Distillery District (People, Buildings...) meeting at Balzac's Coffee and Roastery

How to get there:
The Distillery District is located at Trinity & Mill Streets, the 72 Pape Bus at Yonge & Front will take you right past the main Entrance, Balzac's is located right along that main section.

I hope to see a lot of you there! Feel Free to Bring friends, this is an informal event, so no need to RSVP!

Just a bump.

Also upcoming (May 15th) is the PHSC fair at the Soccer Centre on Martingrove. See http://phsc.ca/camera/?page_id=396.

Then on Saturday May 21st, I've planned a shoot at Hamilton Harbour for all those that can come out. I'll start a new thread shortly.

naeroscatu
04-07-2011, 10:20 AM
I've been at the last camera show in Thornhill last Sun; my wallet is still bleeding:) but I closed few gaps in my collection.
Nice spring schedule ahead. I will do my best to show up on all these events. Thanks for the heads up David.

Uncle Bill
04-09-2011, 08:35 AM
I scooped up a minty Rolleicord IV up at the Thornhill show for $220. In fact I'm using it this weekend.

Vilk
04-09-2011, 12:30 PM
There's been a fat sign on Balzac's door for the past couple of years--"Photography strictly forbidden." Not that it ever stopped me, the place has some great light in the afternoon (not at 1 o'clock though).

I want to see their faces when we descend on them with forty smoking barrels!

:laugh:

CGW
04-09-2011, 12:50 PM
There's been a fat sign on Balzac's door for the past couple of years--"Photography strictly forbidden." Not that it ever stopped me, the place has some great light in the afternoon (not at 1 o'clock though).

I want to see their faces when we descend on them with forty smoking barrels!

:laugh:

That's only 20 TLRs...

David William White
04-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Time: 1:00pm
Where: The Distillery District (People, Buildings...) meeting at Balzac's Coffee and Roastery

How to get there:
The Distillery District is located at Trinity & Mill Streets, the 72 Pape Bus at Yonge & Front will take you right past the main Entrance, Balzac's is located right along that main section.

I hope to see a lot of you there! Feel Free to Bring friends, this is an informal event, so no need to RSVP!

Bump. Two weeks!

hpulley
04-15-2011, 04:36 PM
What's the best place to park again? Anyone else coming from the west that would want to carpool, perhaps from Morriston (401 & 6)?

David William White
04-15-2011, 04:46 PM
There's some on the south side right in front of the weird sculpture and coffee house. There's a larger lot on the north side of Mill Street at Parliament.

Harry -- if you can make it down 6 to Dundas, I can take us in. Let me know.

hpulley
04-15-2011, 04:50 PM
What time were you going to leave?

David William White
04-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Probably around 12 or so.

hpulley
04-15-2011, 07:38 PM
That could work, I'll confirm closer to the day. Dundas isn't exactly on the way but it would be good to shoot the breeze on the way in.

Axle
04-17-2011, 03:36 PM
More Details on the Meet-Up

Time: Meeting at 1pm
Where: Balzac's Coffee and Roastery in the Distillery District.

How to get to the Toronto Distillery District by Car or Transit can be found here: www.thedistillerydistrict.com/visit.php (http://www.thedistillerydistrict.com/visit.php" rel="nofollow")

Balzac's is located in the Pump house, which is located on Trinity Street, south of Mill Street. (Building 60) on the map found here: www.thedistillerydistrict.com/PDF/distillery_site_plan.pdf (http://www.thedistillerydistrict.com/PDF/distillery_site_plan.pdf" rel="nofollow")

Bring your friends, bring your cameras, bring your film, and most importantly, come to have fun, and burn through film.

The event goes rain or shine.

If you would feel comfortable having a phone number to call, please send me a PM and I would be more than happy to provide.

CGW
04-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Damn dead links! Not your fault, Alex, thanks for posting.

http://www.thedistillerydistrict.com/visit.php

CGW
04-23-2011, 07:26 AM
One week to go! Looks like the weather may even cooperate. Have some plans for the summer(June-July) I'll post soon. Looking forward to meeting the GTA/Ontario crew.

CGW
04-25-2011, 10:51 AM
<<bump>>

How many think they can make it?

David William White
04-25-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm there, rain or shine!