PDA

View Full Version : Film Shooters Meet - April 30th in Toronto

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Axle
03-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Greetings fellow APUs!

As an avid listener of the Film Photography Podcast, and being inspired by a meetup of listeners in the US I decided to start putting in place a meeting of such listeners in the southern Ontario region. And not wanting to leave anyone out, I figured once we had a date and location set I'd post here.

So April 30th (time to be determined) there will be a film photographer meet up in Toronto.

So ideas on locations include: Downtown Core, Distillery District, Kensington Market, Evergreen Brickworks.

Any other ideas are more than welcome! I'll post more details here when they get ironed out.

Chazzy
03-16-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm another fan of the Film Photography Podcast, and just wish that I lived closer to Toronto.

CGW
03-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Cool. If you're into community-building, you might also think about a post-game meet-up and a subsequent opportunity to show/share results. I keep rolling around the idea of a westend GTA film-only group that meets on a regular basis. The area's "camera clubs" are either dysfunctional and/or paralytically boring, not to mention averse to film shooters. Anyone else?

JohnMeadows
03-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Count me in (as long as my schedule works)! I am an avid listener to the FPF as well. (BTW I am also a co-host of the Film Photography Forecast show, along with fellow APUGer Ron LarFor4X5).

Cheers,

John Meadows

David William White
03-16-2011, 10:48 AM
I'd be up for any shooting.

naeroscatu
03-16-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm interested as well

hpulley
03-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Another FPP fan here. Don't get into Toronto that often but for the right reason I might ;-)

Axle
03-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Cool. If you're into community-building, you might also think about a post-game meet-up and a subsequent opportunity to show/share results.

I like the idea!

I keep rolling around the idea of a westend GTA film-only group that meets on a regular basis. The area's "camera clubs" are either dysfunctional and/or paralytically boring, not to mention averse to film shooters. Anyone else?

I'd be down, I'm not a fan of 'camera clubs' per say, but if it's just a bunch of photographers getting together informally have a drink, shoot the breeze, go out and have an adventure I'd be down.

CGW
03-16-2011, 05:14 PM
I like the idea!

I'd be down, I'm not a fan of 'camera clubs' per say, but if it's just a bunch of photographers getting together informally have a drink, shoot the breeze, go out and have an adventure I'd be down.

It's the formality and hierarchy of the clubs I've come to dislike. It's also difficult to delegate tasks and responsibilities; often, I got trapped doing way more than I liked while others just showed up. That said, it was nice having access to studio space paid for by members' dues.

Let's see how many takers we get and go from there!

CGW
03-18-2011, 03:19 PM
OK, Alex, how do you and the GTA crew who posted want to move ahead with this?

CGW
03-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Such enthusiasm! Oh well...

David William White
03-20-2011, 10:45 AM
OK, Alex, how do you and the GTA crew who posted want to move ahead with this?

I'm easy. Just pick a day/location and I'll be there.

CGW
03-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks, David. Anyone else? Want this to be a west-GTA/Burlington-Hamilton thing?
Let's talk.

hpulley
03-20-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm up in Guelph but Burlington is closer than Hamilton. Burlington, Oakville, Hamilton might be more photogenic than Mississauga.

CGW
03-20-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm up in Guelph but Burlington is closer than Hamilton. Burlington, Oakville, Hamilton might be more photogenic than Mississauga.

Specific sites/locations you like? Miss. isn't totally bereft of interest--almost, though. There's always the Twisted Sisters rising at Hwy10+Burnhamthorpe.

http://www.designbuild-network.com/projects/absolutetowers/absolutetowers1.html

cowanw
03-20-2011, 05:47 PM
I am in Hamilton

David William White
03-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Seems to me we could have one day in Milton/Guelph, another in Hamilton, and another in TO (as Axle suggested), say every other Saturday. For your consideration, maybe the following itinerary:

April 30th: Toronto. Would Axle coordinate?
May 14th: Hamilton. I can coordinate.
May 28th: Milton/Guelph. Would Harry coordinate?

Everyone could pick what they could show up for. I'd do all three for sure. This avoids the endless rescheduling that normally takes place.

Free APUG merch for those that show up to the Hamilton one!

CGW
03-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Thanks again, David. Let's see what the other inmates think.

hpulley
03-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Haha, inmates indeed! I could organize something May 28th, sure.

Obscura26
03-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Sounds like a good time. Count me in for all 3