PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in SoCal?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Wayne Olson
07-05-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm located in Placentia, north central Orange County. Sort of in between Brea, Yorba Linda and Anaheim. Which means absolutely nothing if you're from Wisconsin.

Given that we have this many analog and probably large format shooters in the area, who is for talking with me off-line but over the phone about organizing our own "art association" of film and medium/large format photographers?

I've tried to talk with the local art associations and most of them, when I can actually find them, barely acknowledge film photography as an art.

That's OK. To each his own. However, there is probably a lot that we as film users could do to preserve, promote and enhance the film and larger format art.

I would be able to publish newletters, keep lists, scout out meeting and shooting venues and collaborate with anyone else who could contribute perhaps 2-4 hours per week.

Any takers?

Wayne Olson

devbowman
07-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Im in the SF Valley too... but currently avoiding going outside to shoot because its soooo freakin' hot!

Also, for all you valley people that dont have darkrooms, I found a darkroom rental place called Darkroom Gallery Alley (darkroomgalleryalley.com). I dont have a lot of darkroom experience but it seems like they have some nice stuff, and nice people too.

wildbill
07-25-2006, 11:16 PM
Im in the SF Valley too... but currently avoiding going outside to shoot because its soooo freakin' hot!

Also, for all you valley people that dont have darkrooms, I found a darkroom rental place called Darkroom Gallery Alley (darkroomgalleryalley.com). I dont have a lot of darkroom experience but it seems like they have some nice stuff, and nice people too.

119 deg. in woodland hills on sunday!
94 deg. in my darkroom
There's also a public darkroom in downtown L.A. which is managed by Ray Alvarado. Several enlargers to choos from up to 8x10 coldlight. It's not the best but it's cheap: $5/hour for non students plus a annual membership fee of around $30. Many students process and print there. Let me know if you are interested can't find contact info.

vinny

hortense
09-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Riverside, CA

hortense
09-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Riverside, CA

I AM a 4x5 photographer. I only use my Hasselblad when I have to set up my tripod away from where my car is parked.

Jim Noel
09-25-2006, 12:15 PM
ALso in San Diego
:)

Jim Noel
09-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Yeah Shmoo. Nelson's for sure. Great people and a large, diverse selection. I usually grab a good lunch while I'm in Little Italy. Another friendly shop with a small gallery is North County Camera in Escondido -- a bit if a drive for me though.

I'm actually in Santee (east county). Hometown is Huntington Beach.

Did you notice that Nelsons no longer has FILM CAMERAS?
Jim

Shmoo
09-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Did you notice that Nelsons no longer has FILM CAMERAS?
Jim

yup...sadly. I guess it's what keeps me looking on EEEEEK-Bay. :)

Jim Noel
09-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Is there a way to break this thread down a little bit?
For instance - LA general area and San Diego Area? Of course if this is done there should probably also be one for our friends in the Inland Empire.

Jim
:)

burgbunch
10-09-2006, 09:48 PM
We have a traditional B&W group meeting regularly in Van Nuys, Ca. If you live reasonably close and would be interested in joining kindly contact me.

burgbunch
10-10-2006, 12:11 PM
I am in Van Nuys.

We have a Traditional B&W darkroom group that meets in Van Nuys. Would you be interested

hortense
10-10-2006, 04:29 PM
I shoot 4x5 and 6x6.:)

burgbunch
10-17-2006, 09:08 PM
We have a traditional B&W group that meets in Van Nuys. Don't know if that's near you. New members are always welcome. Bob R.

burgbunch
10-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Van Nuys CA

We have a traditional B&W group meeting in Van Nuys twice monthly. New members are welcome. Contact me if interested. Cheers, Bob R.

burgbunch
10-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Hi I am new to the site I am located In encino

Hi Gustavo, We have a traditional B&W group meeting twice monthly in Van Nuys. Nice people, good photographers. New members, welcome. Contact me if interested. Cheers, Bob R.

kobra13768
10-24-2006, 01:03 PM
im in mira loma....so im close to rancho, ontario, riverside,

Gustavo_Castilla
11-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Photography show call for submissions .
I am organizing a photography show at Viva gallery in Studio city .
(http://www.vivagallery.org/)
I will prefer to keep it with in the Western USA It must be what is referred to as Wet Darkroom A.K.A. Traditional prints If interested send an email to castilg@yahoo.com (mailto:castilg@yahoo.com) for details and other pertinent information such as fees ! before you mail prints I will recommend you send your work via email (castilg@yahoo.com (mailto:castilg@yahoo.com) ) the show is schedule for January 2008
Thank you

Drew B.
12-24-2006, 09:00 PM
I may be out in LA sometime at the end of january...beginning of February to bring my son out to start his career. I'm hoping to meet up with some of you...even for a few hours to talk over coffee and maybe shoot a bit. I'll get back to you when the dates are firm.

drew

Drew B.
01-11-2007, 05:59 PM
ok, I'll be out in LA (Glendale) from Jan 31 through Feb 4th. Hope to meet up with any of you for coffee....and maybe some shooting. If anyone is interested, pm me w/your phone number.

drew

Sirius Glass
01-19-2007, 11:29 AM
West Los Angeles [Westwood]

35mm, 2 1/4 x 2 1/4

I have a prior history of shooting available light photographs and low light situations [Why not just say night photography and be done with it!!!]