PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in SoCal?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

mike c
03-26-2009, 05:57 PM
No am not but thanks for the reply, I'v aready sent you a PM, stay in touch,feel free to PM me. Mike c.

mike c
03-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Reminder of the Riverside show today excellent opportunity to buy or view or talk to the photographers , many very beautiful prints on display. Make and effort to be there . I was there Saturday and enjoyed talking too the photographers and viewing there work, had a great learning experience.

Jim Fitzgerald
04-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Just saw this post. I'm in Ventura and we had a great time at the show in Riverside. I was able to show and discuss some of my carbon transfer prints. If anyone local would like to see them up close and personal just send me a PM.

Jim

Translight Darkroom
04-16-2009, 04:57 PM
There is a major art/photography event in Los Angeles April 18-19, called Art Walk. It is at the Brewery, an artist compound just northeast of downtown LA. I myself own a traditional photography darkroom there, Translight Photography Center, and we will be showing traditionally printed work. But there is a very large number of other types of studios there and big crowds but lots of fun if you are in the area. If you do come, look me up: Michael Gotz, 618-E is our address at the Brewery. Also, in case you need darkroom services (or self-service digital printing on our 44" wide printer, look us up on the web at: www.translightcolors.com.

2F/2F
04-16-2009, 05:05 PM
I have printed at Translight on many an occasion when I could not get a spot in the school darkroom, or when I needed an 8x10 enlarger. If you are in L.A., give them your money. It is good to have them around, and I want them to stay that way.

Two drags about the place, from my POV:

1. They no longer do Ilfochrome.
2. You have to pay the color rate for an 8x10 enlarger, even when printing b/w in the 8x10 room that connects to the b/w darkroom. In short, you pay for the room you are using, not for the chemicals you are using.

Still worth patronizing, if for no other reason than the fact that I don't know of anywhere else to go.