PDA

View Full Version : NE OH Gathering, May 6-8, 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Charlie Wheelihan
04-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Breakfast ice cream!? I knew it was a good idea to go to this!

djkloss
04-28-2011, 04:51 PM
funny you should mention portraits. I was just experimenting with using a green filter for portraits. and also got some orthochromatic film for portraits. However, the Canfield Swap Meet is the same weekend, and the boyfriend wants me to go with him. so... it's a dillema as usual. haven't figured out how to do both yet.

winger
04-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Just one more item on the wish to see list and Iíll stop pestering. Do you have any of the family Daguerreotypes that you would show?
Sorry, those are all still in NY State. I was going to bring the threefold frame of photos of my grandmother and her sisters that got wet. I also have a random pile of poorly stored negatives (most with little or no labeling as to who's in the photo).
However.... (and, yes, I'm extremely peeved right now) Ken was supposed to get Lasik done on his eyes today, It didn't happen and he rescheduled for next Friday. Which means a checkup on Saturday. Which means that it looks like I won't be able to make it after all. He doesn't get it.

jp80874
04-28-2011, 07:59 PM
funny you should mention portraits. I was just experimenting with using a green filter for portraits. and also got some orthochromatic film for portraits. However, the Canfield Swap Meet is the same weekend, and the boyfriend wants me to go with him. so... it's a dillema as usual. haven't figured out how to do both yet.

Green for envy. Do a jealousy series of portraits.

Hope you can figure at least a day here.

John

jp80874
04-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Which means that it looks like I won't be able to make it after all. He doesn't get it.

Boo!

I think he does get it. You will be with him, not us. Boo!

John

jp80874
04-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Breakfast ice cream!? I knew it was a good idea to go to this!

Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Now, lets negotiate snacks.

John

jp80874
04-29-2011, 06:41 AM
[QUOTE=Jeff Bannow;1173657]Eva, Charlie and I will all be camping. Tent camping this time though.
QUOTE]

As I grease up the chain saw to attack the very tall grass, it occurs to me to remind you to bring rubber/plastic to put under your tent or sleeping bag. It has been very wet here and we are using for another purpose the plastic I loaned you another time.

John

daleeman
04-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Eva, Charlie and I will all be camping. Tent camping this time though.

No Little Guy... Bummer. I love those things.

daleeman
04-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Which means that it looks like I won't be able to make it after all. He doesn't get it.

Had hoped to do some poses with you and the bambino, but taking care of eyes is big on my list. Next time.

winger
04-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Had hoped to do some poses with you and the bambino, but taking care of eyes is big on my list. Next time.

That would have been great! Since I always have the camera, there aren't many of me with him.

Lee L
04-29-2011, 12:57 PM
... it looks like I won't be able to make it after all

Well, I was thinking about asking if Nate could still come even if you're busy. But then I realized that he's just young enough to perhaps still need functions for which I'm not equipped... like autofocus.

Or you could get Ken a white cane at the PX, teach the dogs the way to the eye clinic, and come on over with Nate.

Just trying to be helpful...

Lee

winger
04-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Well, I was thinking about asking if Nate could still come even if you're busy. But then I realized that he's just young enough to perhaps still need functions for which I'm not equipped... like autofocus.

Or you could get Ken a white cane at the PX, teach the dogs the way to the eye clinic, and come on over with Nate.

Just trying to be helpful...

Lee
If the German Shepherd had opposable thumbs, she'd be able to take him (she might still be smarter than Nate, though he's catching up). Nate definitely still needs autofocus. :)

If it seems possible at the time, I'm thinking that maybe I could drive over Saturday afternoon, meet up and see people that evening, and shoot Sunday morning? Will anyone still be shooting Sunday morning? And then get some ice cream before heading back to PA (Nate LOVES ice cream).
I just bought a Bob Revolution job stroller (it's an off-road model). I'll be testing it out tomorrow and making some mods to fit tripods, etc... And it fits in the trunk of the Mustang!

jp80874
04-30-2011, 05:38 AM
Great news Bethe. The last few times we have been having Sunday breakfast about 10:00 AM at the Richfield Family Restaurant. It is the one across the street from the Hampton and Quality inns. If you wanted to go out before that and shoot, the closest thing people have been photographing is Blue Hen Falls, 2 or 3 miles from there. For a little easier terrain you could go into Peninsula and then go north or south on the tow path along the Cuyahoga River. These places would tie in with earlier water subjects you have shot. If you are looking for some other subject just ask and one of us may know where to find it.

John

winger
04-30-2011, 07:59 AM
I think I'd like to try the tow path. I'll try to think of some more specific subjects I want and maybe you can point me in the right direction. I know the ledges are on the opposite side of the park from the restaurant, but I do like that area. I'll see today how much terrain the stroller can handle.

jp80874
04-30-2011, 01:13 PM
From Peninsula the towpath goes right along the river, both north and south of town. My objectives were canal related. There are also lots of other water, rock and Spring related subjects begging to be photographed.

Just a bit north of Peninsula there is a lock (#29) and two items you can see in my gallery that I called: “Bridge to Nowhere” and “Water Inlet.” The better part of a mile south of Peninsula there is Deep Lock Quarry. That lock has interesting lime stains oozing from between the stones and then down the walls. The quarry itself is reached by a rough trail off the towpath that would be difficult with a jogger. On the weekend there are lots of people on the towpath providing a sense of safety. The bikers on the other hand can be pretty pushy and/or oblivious.

jp80874
04-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Oh my gosh. Jeff Bannow has a birthday on Wednesday.

Happy Birthday Jeff. We will celebrate this weekend.

I wonder if the Country Maid makes Ice Cream Cakes?

John & Dolly

ic-racer
05-02-2011, 02:04 PM
My wife is trying to re-schedule my weekend;...please tell me that this Sunday is not Mother's day...

Charlie Wheelihan
05-02-2011, 02:39 PM
My wife is trying to re-schedule my weekend;...please tell me that this Sunday is not Mother's day...

Ok if that's what you want to hear... But it is. I came to the same realization only this past weekend myself. I thought it was the weekend after... Sure hope my mom and wife (not the same person) understand that I won't be there. ;) I will start looking for a nice card though.

jp80874
05-02-2011, 02:53 PM

Sorry Dale. We ran into soooo many date conflicts on this one. We have three things competing on the third weekend. The 14th was out for several of the people who committed to coming way earlier. The end of the month was too close to Bill Schwab's gathering. It became 6-7-8th by default or nothing until late July-early August. Try doing the Motherís Day thing on Sunday and join the gang Friday and Saturday.

John

Shawn Dougherty
05-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Still not sure if I'm going to be able to make it, John. Going to try to pop over for at least a few hours to catch up but with a half day of work Sat - Mother's Day - yard work mounting - and getting ready for the Oregon trip on Tuesday it's going to be tough.

Hope everyone is doing well and happy birthday (early), Jeff!