PDA

View Full Version : NE OH Gathering, May 6-8, 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

jp80874
05-06-2011, 07:39 AM
There is something new in the area that you might want to check out while you are here. A new donut shop with what I think are very good products has sprouted on Brecksville Rd. It is located on the east side of the road between Everett (our road) and Wheatley (north of us with access to Rt. 77). It is just north of the Three Musketeers Restaurant in what was a video store. It normally sells out by 10:00 AM.

John

Jeff Bannow
05-06-2011, 07:42 AM
There is something new in the area that you might want to check out while you are here. A new donut shop with what I think are very good products has sprouted on Brecksville Rd. It is located on the east side of the road between Everett (our road) and Wheatley (north of us with access to Rt. 77). It is just north of the Three Musketeers Restaurant in what was a video store. It normally sells out by 10:00 AM.

John

Donuts a la mode?

Lee L
05-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Donuts a la mode?
For breakfast that would be with bacon ice cream, right?

If you bring the enlarger lamps, I'll bring the cash. I plan on coming over Sat morning.

Lee

htimsdj
05-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend. I'll only be able to make it Saturday, but I'll be there the whole day.

Jeff Bannow
05-06-2011, 08:13 AM
For breakfast that would be with bacon ice cream, right?

If you bring the enlarger lamps, I'll bring the cash. I plan on coming over Sat morning.

Lee

Sounds good.

mjs
05-06-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm all packed up and ready to go. Evan, Frank and I will be arriving this evening, certainly too late for dinner. See you in the morning!

Mike

jp80874
05-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Jeff, Mike, Evan, Frank:
Thanks for coming. We will see you Saturday morning.

All: It is sunny this AM. I have just mowed the grass by the house so that should improve the wetness factor. Unfortunately the tractor won't start now so I can't mow camping area. Too much other work to do to play mechanic this afternoon. Sorry campers. You are still welcome to camp, but the grass is tall and the ground is wet.

Be careful of the deer. They are very tame. I just had two young does stand and watch as I cleared some downed limbs at the entrance to the camping area. The deer were perhaps 15 feet from me. I commented that they hadn’t offered to help.

There is one huge very pregnant doe, who for the last week has been lying down in the mornings across the pond from us on the grass. When she gets up very slowly she is very big. She may be the source of twins we have seen about every other year. Please be careful. A very small doe can wipe out a fender or more if you hit her.

John

ic-racer
05-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Just to let everyone know from out of town, we have a shop that caters to analog photography needs. Dodd camera in Cleveland has film, paper, chemicals, darkroom supplies, and even two glass counters filled with used film cameras. They usually have gallon containers of developer, fixer, acetic acid etc. for anyone wanting to stock up. Last time I looked at shipping a gallon of developer, it cost more than the developer. They have 4x5 sheet film in stock, as well as 120 in multiple emulsions. They also have the Fuji instant film. I got 100 feet of T-max yesteday for $56 which is reasonable ($54 at B&H).

Jeff Bannow
05-06-2011, 02:41 PM
We (Eva, myself and Charlie) will be there between 8 and 9pm. See you soon!

Lee L
05-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Just to let everyone know from out of town, we have a shop that caters to analog photography needs. Dodd camera in Cleveland has film, paper, chemicals, darkroom supplies, and even two glass counters filled with used film cameras. They usually have gallon containers of developer, fixer, acetic acid etc. for anyone wanting to stock up. Last time I looked at shipping a gallon of developer, it cost more than the developer. They have 4x5 sheet film in stock, as well as 120 in multiple emulsions. They also have the Fuji instant film. I got 100 feet of T-max yesteday for $56 which is reasonable ($54 at B&H).

On the two occasions I've tried to get Xtol from Dodd's in the last couple of years they haven't had any in stock and haven't been able to give me any assurance that any more would arrive anytime within the following two or three months. KEH also comes through occasionally and buys out their used gear stock. So Dodd's can be hit and miss on some products. It took them almost a year after introduction to order the new Ektar 100 in 35mm.

One of their sales staff also told my wife last week that there are no film cameras currently being manufactured. I like supporting the locals, but they make it hard sometimes.

Lee

Nicholas Lindan
05-06-2011, 03:30 PM
When will you be here? Will you be camping? See ya when we see ya.

1) Saturday AM, I thought I would be able to make it this evening but it doesn't look that way.

2) Commuting.

3) Tautologies are the only truth there is.

Toffle
05-07-2011, 08:43 AM
I hope everyone is having a great time. I am mired in housework this morning, but did manage a couple of backyard macros this morning in honour of you all.

Cheers,

daleeman
05-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Grea day to shoot, weather held off till 1600 hrs or so. Looking forward to shooting again tomorrow before breakfast.

L

Dan Henderson
05-08-2011, 05:59 AM
Like Tom, I am up to my neck in "housework," in my situation, getting my house ready to put on the market. But rest assured that I am with you all in spirit! Happy shooting, everyone.
Dan

djkloss
05-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Thank you John and Dollie for the wonderful hospitality. Before I hit the road home, I stopped at the old red building (for sale) across from Constantines (?) nursery and shot about three 4x5's (film) and two 4x5 paper negs, all before the sun started blazing down on me. So I'm a happy camper! Thanks for everything. It was a great get together!

Dorothy

winger
05-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks again to John and Dolly! And to Cindy and Savannah for making me feel at home. It was great to see everyone! I can't wait to see all your shots.

Jeff Bannow
05-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks for having us! It was a great time as always.

Charlie Wheelihan
05-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Thank you John and Dolly for hosting a wonderful weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed it, meeting new friends and seeing others again... A great weekend.

eclarke
05-09-2011, 06:39 AM
We westerners would also like to thank Dolly, John and the rest of the N.E. Ohio team for the welcome and the great time. Had a field day on Saturday morning in the early fog!!..Evan Clarke

mjs
05-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks for hosting us, John. Thanks to Dolly for putting up with all these strangers in her house. Thanks to the girls for looking up with big sad brown eyes! Thanks for the fog on Sunday morning. Thanks to everyone who showed up! I had a great time, as always.

Mike