PDA

View Full Version : Zion NP closed?

Pages : 1 [2]

tkamiya
04-07-2011, 08:53 PM
It's fun to poke fun at the Federal government on Internet forums. It's fun to talk about our rights. It's fun to theorize what law will hold and what won't. But none of us are lawyers. It is quite another matter altogether to drive hundreds of miles to see "park closed" sign. It is quite another to be told to go home, go in anyway, get detained, held, charged, and having have to show up in court - even if you are ultimately cleared of wrong doing.

I would suggest OP to call the park services and find out for sure. If you decide to disobey on moral grounds, better carry a phone number to your lawyer.

Klainmeister
04-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Wise words Tkamiya and I agree, but I also have walked into a "closed road" and then only to meet a park official who had no issue with me being there since "It's closed because of road issues and other maintenance, but by all means, walk." and left me alone. I just wonder if they 'closed' the parks, what that actually entails. Call em and ask, but I just couldn't imagine a ranger or park official actually getting angry over someone choosing to walk in on their own merits. Let alone, if they are there at all. Maybe they'll be like teachers and range (right verb?) out of moral duty rather than paycheck. Who knows.

christom
04-07-2011, 09:02 PM
It will never happen... Too much revenue would be lost, entrance fee's, lodging & concessions for one not to mention all the jobs. I think it's just propaganda for those
who want their way... I'm planning a trip this summer to the Grand Canyon and Zion... Hope I'm right?

Vaughn
04-07-2011, 09:10 PM
...Maybe they'll be like teachers and range (right verb?) out of moral duty rather than paycheck. Who knows.

My years as a wilderness ranger were very rewarding -- but not due the paycheck! LOL!

As long as the Park, or wilderness, is safe, the visitors can do what they want. We just tend to have strong ideas about what keeps the parks and wilderness safe.