PDA

View Full Version : Try Print File for archival storage and presentation products

Pages : [1] 2

Print File
04-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Print File sells a full line of archival storage supplies including albums and pages, rag & conservation mat board, folios, metal edge boxes, clamshell boxes, and much more. As a welcome to APUG customers use the discount code APUG11 at checkout for a 10% discount at www.PrintFile.com. Discount is good from April 1-31.

Ian C
04-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Printfile pages are the only film storage Iíve ever used.

I was pleased to see that Printfile offers the strong binder and slipcase combinations that I used to get from Light Impressions. That company apparently decided to mistreat its customers to the point that none of us want to deal with it further.

The binder & slipcover is my favorite way to safely store my films in Printfile pages. I like to keep a 750-gram canister of silica gel desiccant in the same enclosure with my slip-covered binders so that fungus cannot grow on the films and ruin them. The silica gel canister gets recharged by baking in an oven at 300F for 2 hours every 2 years or so.

http://www.printfile.com/oversized-binders25.aspx

brian steinberger
04-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks! I too use only Print File pages to store my negatives. I store them in the Print File WorkBox which is solid, and protects them and keeps dust out.

jeffreyg
04-08-2011, 10:45 AM
After many years of using light Impressions I made my my last couple of purchases from Print File and was very pleased.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Tom Kershaw
04-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Print File are the best film storage products I've used.

Tom

hpulley
04-08-2011, 02:58 PM
I use the 35mm/126 and 120/620 neg holders and 4x6" and Polaroid print holders. Great stuff!

ghostcount
04-08-2011, 03:40 PM
i too use them. Thanks Print File for discount.

Jeff Bannow
04-08-2011, 04:33 PM
I also use them regularly. Great stuff, and they offer a lot more than just negative sleeves too.

Roger Thoms
04-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Yes I'm a long time Print File user, glad to see you on Apug.

Crashbox
04-11-2011, 05:06 PM
I use Print File exclusively for my storage of negatives- I will accept no substitutes.

Mick Fagan
04-12-2011, 07:11 AM
How does one work out shipping to Australia for the international hole 4x5 neg holders in 100 sheet lots?

I would be looking at 4 lots of 4x5" 100 sheet neg files.

Mick.

Michael W
04-12-2011, 07:19 AM
How does one work out shipping to Australia for the international hole 4x5 neg holders in 100 sheet lots?

I would be looking at 4 lots of 4x5" 100 sheet neg files.

Mick.
I presume Mick did the same as me & went through the ordering system to try & get a price for postage to Australia. I couldn't see any way to do this and gave up; it seems to be designed just for USA orders. I'd like to know if the postage rates are reasonable or if I should just order direct from somewhere like B&H.

Mick Fagan
04-12-2011, 07:24 AM
Yep, that's exactly what I did.

Their price, makes the Australian distributor's price look like a comparison between a Rolls Royce price and a Volkswagen Beetle price.

I stopped buying Print File neg holders because of the extremely excessive pricing, buying direct seems the way to go it would seem.

Sad really as I would like to buy locally, although Sydney isn't exactly local to me, just in the same country.

Mick.

munz6869
04-12-2011, 07:49 AM
If the shipping to Australia puzzle is solved, I'd be keen to order some 70mm sleeves - I have all these 70mm strips I have no idea how to store currently... (oh, and I've used the Print File 120 sleeves ever since Klame disappeared from the market - I only wish they had binder holes for four-ring binders...)

Marc!

Mick Fagan
04-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Marc, I'm in the same boat with Klame being out of the game. I looked at the Print File site and they seem to have international hole neg holders, just like the European ones all have.

Could be a bulk order happening.

Mick.

RalphLambrecht
04-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Print File

Before I order, can you please explain why your archival negative holders are archival? What material are they made of, and why is that good for my negatives?

Michael W
04-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Marc, I'm in the same boat with Klame being out of the game. I looked at the Print File site and they seem to have international hole neg holders, just like the European ones all have.

Could be a bulk order happening.

Mick.
Marc & Mick - agree the local pricing is high. You can buy these film sleeves from B&H and Freestyle for much less, just have to account for the postage which usually necessitates a bulk order. That's why I'd like to know how reasonable the Print File direct postage is for say a couple of packs.

Travis Nunn
04-12-2011, 03:27 PM
I've always used Print File....Just wish I'd have seen this thread before I ordered some from another retailer last week....Oh well.

coigach
04-14-2011, 04:31 AM
Print File are the best film storage products I've used.

Tom

Me too...!

Tom Kershaw
04-14-2011, 05:04 AM
I've ordered my packs in the past from Silverprint at what seem like good prices. Interesting that a greater number of dealers do not stock the Print File products over here.

Tom