PDA

View Full Version : A/NZ PX Round #4 - Sign up.

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Michael W
05-12-2011, 02:28 AM
Very cool

Alex Bishop-Thorpe
05-12-2011, 03:14 AM
Have to sit this one out - have fun guys

Sweettea
05-12-2011, 07:47 AM
I'd like to participate if I may, for Rounds 4 & 5 -- If I understand correctly Round 5 prints would need to be in the mail 30Nov? (I'm in Italy in September and then home to NZ for December - Yippy!) and November is doable to organise but September/December -- not so much.

So...
1. Oxleyroad
2. Hoffy
3. Barrie B.
4. Michael W
5. tomalophicon
6. Andrew K
7. munz6869
8. sweettea

Oxleyroad
05-13-2011, 06:09 AM
Eleven for round 4

1. Oxleyroad
2. Hoffy
3. Barrie B.
4. Michael W
5. tomalophicon
6. Andrew K
7. munz6869
8. SMBooth
9. Kevin Caulfield
10.walbergb
11.sweattea

Sweattea let's worry about the needs for round 5 a closer to the time. I know I am ;)

SteveR
05-13-2011, 06:49 AM
Oh why not. Put me down ( my wife does) for round 4

Ha Ha, too true! You know what guys, I'm gonna take a punt and put my name down. Alexander has been pretty crook since he popped out, but he's finally starting to settle a bit in the evenings and I'm managing to get a little time in the darkroom again. So pop my name down, and keep our fingers crossed :laugh:

Oxleyroad
05-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Consider it done.

SteveR
05-17-2011, 03:29 AM
Have to say, guys, I'm really looking forward to this one. I participated in rounds 1 & 2, but what I found most disappointing about the last one (#2) was the lack of response from everyone... I think by the time it got finalised (how many months later?) we were all a bit over it. I still took the time to give a decent comment on all the pics I received, but I think I was the only one from our group to do so... kind of made me wonder just how badly my submission sucked if no one had anything to say! :P

Since the new "stricter rules & time-frames" group had been running, it looks like there had been a good history as far as the post-exchange comments. I'll be honest, that's one of the main reasons I like doing these, seeing how other people translate their vision to a 2D piece of paper is always enlightening, but I also love to hear what others think of what I'm doing.

So, like I said, I'm really looking forward to this round!

Oxleyroad
05-17-2011, 04:18 AM
Have to say, guys, I'm really looking forward to this one. I participated in rounds 1 & 2, but what I found most disappointing about the last one (#2) was the lack of response from everyone...

... Since the new "stricter rules & time-frames" group had been running, it looks like there had been a good history as far as the post-exchange comments. I'll be honest, that's one of the main reasons I like doing these, seeing how other people translate their vision to a 2D piece of paper is always enlightening, but I also love to hear what others think of what I'm doing...

Here here - me too;)

Twelve for round 4

1. Oxleyroad
2. Hoffy
3. Barrie B.
4. Michael W
5. tomalophicon
6. Andrew K
7. munz6869
8. SMBooth
9. Kevin Caulfield
10.walbergb
11.Sweattea
12.SteveR

pcyco
05-17-2011, 07:38 AM
hallo
and i thought "A" is for austria :D
--
thomas

Oxleyroad
05-17-2011, 08:06 AM
hallo
and i thought "A" is for austria :D
--
thomas

There are some geographically challenged people that think Austria and Australia are one and the same place:laugh:

Barrie B.
05-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Greetings from Barrie B.--- Please close-off the list @ 12 because I have just finished printing and toning my prints and I only produced that number.
................ Cheers Barrie B. Melbourne . :)
Twelve for round 4

1. Oxleyroad
2. Hoffy
3. Barrie B.
4. Michael W
5. tomalophicon
6. Andrew K
7. munz6869
8. SMBooth
9. Kevin Caulfield
10.walbergb
11.Sweattea
12.SteveR[/QUOTE]

munz6869
05-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Barrie - according to the OP, the closing date for groups is the first week of June!!! You may have jumped the gun, esp as we had two groups of 7-ish in the last run. Hopefully some more folks join in and you end up with spares...

Marc!

timk
05-19-2011, 07:25 AM
1. Oxleyroad
2. Hoffy
3. Barrie B.
4. Michael W
5. tomalophicon
6. Andrew K
7. munz6869
8. SMBooth
9. Kevin Caulfield
10.walbergb
11.Sweattea
12.SteveR
13.timk

i'm in :)

Barrie B.
05-20-2011, 02:12 AM
Barrie - according to the OP, the closing date for groups is the first week of June!!! You may have jumped the gun, esp as we had two groups of 7-ish in the last run. Hopefully some more folks join in and you end up with spares...

Marc!
Sorry Marc. , my mistake , I thought that the 'Exchange ' ran with groups of - (10 ) - ten. Back to the darkroom to print some more copies .
.................... Cheers Barrie B.

hoffy
05-22-2011, 02:17 AM
Hmm, decisions, decisions. I have a print that I am thinking of doing NOW....should I do 12+ or should I do 6+...... ;)

Oxleyroad
05-22-2011, 08:10 PM
I think I better pipe in here to save the confusion.

At the end of May when sign up closes I will try to randomly break up all the participants into groups that do not exceed 12. We have not yet had this many in a group if I recall correctly. More than this number and we are pushing to be able to get the prints and some protecting bag &/or card/s into the prepaid envelopes available from the post office.

Currently with 13 participants I am thinking of two groups, one with 6 and one with 7. Everyone only needs to send in one print less than the number in the group as you don't need one for yourself. If you want to send one to the organiser please make this clear as I return the extras.

The numbers in the two groups could change if we have more people sign up before the end of this month;)

Hope this helps.

Oxleyroad
05-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Looks like my last posting has scared off other potential participants :errm:

Will sort out the groups during the course of tomorrow and Thursday. Then I will post the group and IM my mailing address to all.

Let the printing begin...:D

SteveR
05-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Woohoo! The lovely lady and the little fella are off to Mothers group this afternoon, and staying with family on Saturday evening, so I just may get some time alone in the dark!

Oxleyroad
06-01-2011, 01:52 AM
Woohoo! The lovely lady and the little fella are off to Mothers group this afternoon, and staying with family on Saturday evening, so I just may get some time alone in the dark!

Trust me I know how that feels. The older they get the longer they want to stay up.

I am lucky though as I have US tele conf meetings in the evenings so I can go int othe Darkroom with handsfree phone and work away all through my meetings. I can now get out to the darkroom at least 2 twice a week with the blessing of my wife:whistling:

I have chosen my image, but not the process.

tomalophicon
06-01-2011, 02:14 AM
Trust me I know how that feels. The older they get the longer they want to stay up.

I am lucky though as I have US tele conf meetings in the evenings so I can go int othe Darkroom with handsfree phone and work away all through my meetings. I can now get out to the darkroom at least 2 twice a week with the blessing of my wife:whistling:

I have chosen my image, but not the process.

Lucky man.

I was going to print colour but my enlarger is out of action :(