PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 23 - Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

Aron
09-16-2011, 02:49 PM
I found Laurent's card in the mailbox today, thanks.

hpulley
09-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Magyar Posta (I enjoy the stamps too) beat La Poste to Canada. I got Aron's card "Esster" today, thanks! I assume the title is the name of the woman in the picture. I like the tones and contrast and wonder what she is looking at. The border is also nice and great to see the Fomatone Classic fiber. Not to give it all away.

Looking forward to a delivery from La Poste next week...

Laurent
09-17-2011, 06:43 AM
I found Laurent's card in the mailbox today, thanks.

And Aron's card was waiting for me when I got back home yesterday evening. Thanks !

Aron
09-17-2011, 10:34 AM
I'm glad my cards are finding their way to you, I just started to get a little worried.

Yes, I was shooting together with Eszter (Esther) at the front of a building at the bank of the Danube in Budapest when I took her photo. She is looking at the decorated top of the pillars, looking for a good composition.

I started using Fomatone MG classic only this summer, but it became my standard paper right after the first printing session.

mooseontheloose
09-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Well, I'm finally back in Japan and was glad to find 5 postcards waiting for me when I got home:

Two beastly creatures from Mark Rewald and Andrew Carson -- although I think I'd rather take my chances with Mark's Lion than Andrew's Golden Orb Spider!

Two nature shots - a nice calm IR landscape from gordrob and some intense crashing waves from Laurent.

And finally, Aron's Eszter -- a nice composition (what's she looking at?) printed on my favorite paper.

Thanks everyone!

Laurent
09-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Black Dog's card arrived today. One of the few square cards, with a very shallow focus. Thanks !

hpulley
09-19-2011, 05:17 PM
La Poste came through. I got Laurent's water themed image today, thanks! Where was it taken, if you don't mind my asking?

piu58
09-19-2011, 11:36 PM
For a long time, my letter box feeled lonely... but yesterday I got Jake Williams' card. I enjoyed my firts squared card. I often use a Rolleiflex, so I could decide to send such a card next time too.

I got 19 from 25 until now, missing are the cards form Mick Fagan, Tim Gray, Charles Eliason, Laurent Barthélémy, Lori Ryan and Brian Chambers. Laurents card are on its way so I hope to see an new card soon.

piu58
09-20-2011, 11:31 PM
I got Laurent's card yesterday. Very fine shot!
Me and my wife enjoyed it very much.

Oxleyroad
09-21-2011, 02:24 AM
Laurent's found it's way into my letterbox too yesterday. Great Waves.

Aron
09-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Thank you, Rachelle, this is what she was looking at:

Tim Gray
09-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Finally mailed mine out. Sorry for the horrible delay. Again.

hpulley
09-21-2011, 07:25 PM
I got my card from Black Dog today! I'm wondering though, did Jake sens out more than one? Mine isn't square unless my eyes are really going... doesn't use up the whole card but rectangular I'm sure. Great moment at any rate, thanks!

I've got 30 out of THE MAX so far. Thanks everyone! The second wave is fun.

ozphoto
09-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Laurent's has made it to Bangkok! And I'm finally out of the doghouse - all 25 cards were posted today! Bring on Round 24. . . . . .
This time I've so far received 19 of the 25 - great round as always!

Black Dog
09-23-2011, 04:01 AM
Posted all mine!

ozphoto
09-26-2011, 03:19 AM
Hi Jake,
Your card has made it to Bangkok. Nice shallow DOF - works well for me.

Has been a great round! 20 of 25 and looking forward to the last few arriving soon. :)

Oxleyroad
09-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Black Dog - you card arrived yesterday. Damn that was fast from the UK. Dreamy picture, I love it.

26 from 30 now. Thanks everyone.

hpulley
09-26-2011, 05:43 PM
Got Tim Gray's card today, thanks! Marks an end of an era in several ways.

mooseontheloose
09-28-2011, 03:19 AM
Another couple of cards received today -- Tim Gray's final frame of Kodachrome (the flowers are a nice touch!) and ozphoto's egg and steel (like the play of light and shadow on the steel).

Still waiting on 11 more cards (but who's counting?) ;)

Mike Wilde
09-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Laurent- Waves on a weathered shore. A neat shot – fluid in movement and arrested in movement as well. The upshifted pattern of plate tectonics to the rocks, and the neat range of tones from the whte foam, to the tonality in all but the deepest cracks of the rocks.

Tim Grey – Goodbye shrine to Kodachrome. This is a a fitting frame for the last roll of this product for you. The white rebate symbolizes well where the emulsion ran short of filling the mount. The splashes on nice colour of the flowers in what is otherwise a dark toned image also works well. Well done.

Jake Black Dog - I know I received your print, and looked at it over dinner one night. We are presently under renovation on the main floor of our house. So at the moment I am not sure where the card went. It was not in the usual place where cards await comments lie.