PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 23 - Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

piu58
09-29-2011, 02:46 AM
I received Tim Greys last kodachrome image yesterday. 21/25 for far, not bad.

ozphoto
09-29-2011, 04:54 AM
Tim your card arrived in Bangkok yesterday - 21/25. A great round result.

Aron
09-30-2011, 04:31 PM
I've also received Tim's card, thank you.

Laurent
10-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Between last week and today, I received

Tim Gray's last Kodachrome shot. I like the image, and the story behind it.

OzPhoto's egg & shellThe textures and lighting are very nice.

Rai's Two ways. Puzzling image at first, until I saw the two small people in the back.

Thanks !

kraker
10-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Two cards received since my last update:

Black Dog sent me a great shot with shallow depth of field and beautiful lighting, lovely.
Tim Gray's last Kodachrome shot. I had just put the loss of Kodachrome behind me, but... when I see this, see what it was capable of in the right hands, I miss it once again. Superb shot, a worthy goodbye.

Thanks!

MattKing
10-11-2011, 12:22 AM
I was aghast when I checked and realized I hadn’t commented since the end of July. My apologies.

I’ve previously commented on the cards I’ve received from 12 people. Since then, I’ve received a further 12 cards in this 23rd exchange:

Allen Friday - “Dry Falls - North Carolina” - an intriguing viewpoint
andrew.vartabedian - “Trestle, Duck Hollow” - nice and mysterious, and nice use of glossy too
anikin - “Music in the Snow” - a fun discovery, and an interesting (almost vintage-like) print
Black Dog - “Gathered from Coincidence” - dream like
gordrob - “Mt. Rundle” - an ethereal image that I really like
hwv - “Eiffel Tower” - immediately recognizable, yet inventive
Laurent - “Crest of a Wave” - you can feel the movement
markrewald - “Denver Serengetti” - nice kitty :)
masimix - “Clouds and Sky” - evocative, but I really want to know what the real title is!
ndrs - “Self portrait with Bricks” - love the way that the pattern in the bricks mirrors your profile
Oxleyroad - “Last of the Summer Golden Orb Spiders” - fascinating subject and gorgeous tones
Tim Gray - “Kyoto - Last Kodachrome” - a fine good-bye

Twenty-four down, four (bascom49, brchambe, lorirfrommontana and Mick Fagan) yet to come :)

Thanks to everyone for participating.

Laurent
10-11-2011, 03:03 PM
I got Azzy's windmill, thanks a lot !

hpulley
10-11-2011, 06:52 PM
3 more in the mail today! Must take a count but first....

I got Azzy's windmill, which seems to have a brace at the back, very interesting.

And Rai's "Two ways". The people, he reflections, the geometries, very nice!

Finally for today, Egg & Steel, great steel highlights and the depth of field works really well.

Thanks, everyone! I think that's 34 cards out of the MAX so far so still a few more to go.

Black Dog
10-16-2011, 11:59 AM
You gave me fame and fortune and postcards.............I thank you all:D

J Rollinger
11-07-2011, 10:00 PM
I received Museum Of Glass from Brian Chambers.. Thanks.. great card. I was looking through my list for round 24 and didnt find you on my list but then i checked round 23! Better late than never!

Roger Thoms
11-08-2011, 10:13 AM
I also enjoyed recieving brains Museum Of Glass postcard, very nice.

Roger

Trond
11-10-2011, 03:42 PM
brchambe's "Museum of Glass" arrived today. Interesting shot of a intriguing building.

Many thanks,
Trond

MattKing
11-10-2011, 04:47 PM
I too received brchambe's "Museum of Glass" - a very nice and interesting image. Tacoma seems to have developed quite an "art" glass community.

Twenty-five down, three (bascom49, lorirfrommontana and Mick Fagan) yet to come

Thanks to everyone for participating.

Mike Wilde
11-14-2011, 11:26 AM
One of the last from of round 23...

Brian Chambers- Museum of Glass.
Very nice framing. A nice low key image in what could have easily been a seramingly high key kind of place.
Note to self - even/especially for landscapes and urban forms timing is at times everything..
I enjoy the texture contrast of the bulding as contrasted with the foreground concrete, and the repeating pattern of the curving cascade of rising steps.

hpulley
11-17-2011, 06:02 AM
I got Museum of Glass too, thanks!

piu58
11-18-2011, 12:09 AM
I received Museum of Glass too - and looked for Brian in my list for #24. But did not found him.

Thank you. Brian!

Laurent
11-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Oups ! I commented on Brian's card in round #24... Thanks Brian !

kraker
11-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Received Brian Chambers- Museum of Glass reminded me of London city hall. Great structures, thanks.

Oxleyroad
11-21-2011, 03:05 AM
I too have Brian's Museum of Glass. Thanks.

lorirfrommontana
12-10-2011, 04:44 AM
I have not sent my round 23 cards out yet! I'm so sorry that I'm so late. The cards have been printed since september. I just need to address them all. I've not been around much because I'm working on getting into grad school. That has taken over all my spare time! I will get them out soon (before the end of the month)!
Lori