PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 23 - Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

J Rollinger
01-09-2012, 06:57 PM
I received lorirfrommontana's card today.. Thank you!

swittmann
01-10-2012, 01:54 PM
I got a nice surprise in my mailbox today :) I received a card from Mick Fagan, showing the " Tennyson unifying church". The sky in this picture is very dramatic, which I like a lot!

Thank you very much, Mick!

Oxleyroad
01-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Wow Mick Fagan's Tennyson Uniting Church arrived yesterday. I had to look twice to see which round it was. Thanks Mich, super photo.

piu58
01-10-2012, 11:55 PM
I received Mick Fangan's Church image too. Great image! It was taken with a 4x5 inch camera. I had to use a powerful loupe to see all the details reproduced.

Laurent
01-12-2012, 05:50 AM
I received Mick Fagan's Church last week. Great mimage, the contrasty scene brings a feeling of hard sun, and the architecture is very well rendered. Thanks !

Laurent
01-12-2012, 06:32 AM
I received Lorifrommontana's card today. Wonderful colors, and the neighbour's car looks very nice like this. Thanks !

mooseontheloose
01-12-2012, 06:37 AM
Mick's church also arrived today for me. Great story and I really the lighting and the building itself. Thanks!

Mike Wilde
01-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Mick, if this is the trick to getting all sorts of nice on your image comments, I might try deliberately being late with my next posting!

A very nice image, and the text compliments it wonderfully to provide the rest of the story.
Delightful cloud detail, and the direction of the sun casts delightful shadow lines with the trim.
A wonderful range of tones. I would not have thought to use an orange filter for such a landscape. I will have to ponder that option more.

A note on the text for North Americans from a Canadian who spent 4 years working in Oz. There, a township is a small gathering of building forming a community. In North America, a township is a much larger subdivision of land, the layer of land division that lays under a county in most jurisdictions.

Roger Thoms
01-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Just recieved Lori's card, look great, nice to see a color for a change.

Roger

piu58
01-14-2012, 01:48 AM
Finally I received Lori's car card. Am not a fan of colour photographs, but this one is special. I like it very much!

mooseontheloose
01-14-2012, 07:23 AM
I also received Lori's card today and agree that the colours are what makes it! (would like to see more light on the car though...) ;)

MattKing
01-14-2012, 02:25 PM
I received two more cards yesterday

Mick Fagan - “Tennyson Uniting Church” - an intriguing image with a great back story. The name of the church is a particularly interesting one for us Canadians, because in Canada there is a large church community known as the “United” church that has an important religious and legal role in Canada’s history

lorifrommontana - “Sunset & the Neighbour’s Car” - great idea, well seen and recorded. Nice use too of the flexibility in the rules for the Postcard Exchange

Both were more than worth waiting for!

Twenty-seven down, just one (bascom49 - hope he is okay) yet to come

Thanks to everyone for participating.

swittmann
01-14-2012, 02:53 PM
I also received Lori's card today. Thank you very much! Love the car and the sky!

Mick Fagan
01-14-2012, 11:31 PM
Dear all, I’m extremely sorry about the very, very long delay in getting this postcard to all of you. I printed these cards in the first week of acceptance for participants, in anticipation of being waylaid a bit with some medical tests. Well the tests came, but my ability to do things went out the door so fast, I thought a premature end might have been not too far away.

Only now am I coming out of the miasma that enveloped me last year, last Month I was allowed to go inside the darkroom as no further critical tests are scheduled.

I will probably be sitting out the next round or two, then maybe I’ll be back.

I have enjoyed all the cards that arrived in my letterbox for this round, many thanks to you all for being so patient.

Mick.

Ps:- it's a thyroid problem flaring up again.

piu58
01-15-2012, 01:12 AM
Dear Mick,

I wish you all the best for the next future. We hope to see you healthy soon.
--
Uwe from Germany.

hpulley
01-17-2012, 06:55 PM
I got Lori and Mick's cards too, thanks!

Best wishes to all.

kraker
02-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Two cards for round 23 received over the past few weeks:

Mick Fagan, "Tennyson Uniting Church". In one word: WOW! A great print, very sharp, great detail, excellent handling of the contrast, the almost white church, the dark foreground, the shadow on the church, not to mention the sky ("What about the sky?" "I told you not to mention it"). Certainly worth the wait.
lorifrommontana, "Sunset & the Neighbor’s Car", also a great photo worth the wait. The subtle lines of the car, only just visible against the dark foreground, combined with the colourful sky: well done!

Thanks, both!

ozphoto
02-11-2012, 10:37 PM
And two more for me for the round, which got me to the 99% mark with only one card I didn't receive.

Lori's "Sunset" - great to see another colour image
Mick's "Tennyson Uniting Chirch" - love the texture and detail in those peeling boards.

Nice surprise for me to find when moving. :)

Trond
02-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Two cards received:

lorirfrommontana: Sunset and car. Great colors and outline of the car.
Mick Fagan: The Tennyson Uniting Church. Good photo of an interesting building with lots of details.

Thanks!

Trond

Oxleyroad
02-20-2012, 01:30 AM
Lorirfrommontana's sunset car is in. Arrived about the middle of Jan. I have been a bit lax in getting timely notes out as the cards come in.

Great colour print. And as a bonus, but not much use to me, the stamp was unfranked.