PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 23 - Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Laurent
06-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Today I received Roger Thom's Yard Office. Interesting composition of may rectangles, with lovely textures and tones.

Thanks !

Oxleyroad
06-17-2011, 04:53 AM
Third card, third day in a row. Colour postcard from Kris haggblom - Florida beach. Nice to get a colour card. It has stood up to the riggors of the postal services very well.

piu58
06-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Today I got a slightly enigmatic card form Dave Martiny. I guess it shows drainage tubes. Very intersting image.

Laurent
06-18-2011, 03:11 AM
Today I got a slightly enigmatic card form Dave Martiny. I guess it shows drainage tubes. Very intersting image.

I received the same yesterday. Very intriguing, the low tones make it a bit more enigmatic.

hwv
06-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Last week, cards number 2 to 5 arrived:

Mike Wilde: in fact there are three photos. Image 2 is my favorite of them. The toned paper suits well the quite idyllic scene.
semeuse: a timeless scene, cross processed. Reminds me of the posters at the cinema in my village when I was young, advertising new technicolor movies.
Dave Martiny: circles and lines, ending far outside the picture. I like the graphical design.
J Rollinger: dadaistically, "what you see is what you get" crosses my mind. Static tripod, dynamic cat... Very well printed, I love it!

That's it for this week. I'm looking forward for the next postcards.

Have a nice weekend!
Heinz-Willi

c.w.
06-19-2011, 02:03 AM
Just got my cards in the mail!

George Nova Scotia
06-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Only two cards managed to arrive before the postal system shut down.
Mike Wilde's package. I really like #2 the spring day walk. A classic, well framed image on lovely paper. In some ways it make me very sad, my favorite walks are behind me thanks to arthritic knees, but also all the types and textures of paper we have lost over the years.
piu58's Canoo trip also arrived as well. I think IR and lake shore lines were made for each other. The history of the site just adds much more.

My cards are printed, they need addresses and Canada Post to come back ti life. Hopefully by the end of the week they''ll be one the way.

George

Roger Thoms
06-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Dave's card "untitled" arrived on Friday. Very nice shot of what I first thought were very long springs. Upon closer inspection they became plastic drain pipe. The original orientation is my favorite. I would love to see this printed on gloss fiber and a little bigger. Maybe we could we could do a trade, I have a low key shot you might like.

Roger

Laurent
06-24-2011, 04:20 PM
I received J Rollinger's Pinky & I thsi week. Very intriguing picture, lovoely printed.... I displayed it with the camera in the "right" direction until my wife noticed it was an horizontal shot. It works better horizontally, but it's a bit less puzzling :laugh:

Thanks !

Oxleyroad
06-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Fourth card in yesterday from Dave Martiny. I like the perspective and narrow border. Even though Dave you indicate actual orientation, I have this picture on the fridge and the family is always playing with the orientation. It seems to look great any which way. I too think this would be a brilliant photo blown up on gloss :-)

semeuse
06-26-2011, 08:32 AM
two more cards arrived:
Dave Martiny's Untitled - great abstract study of depth and perspective
C.W.'s Quonset in Snow - wonderful contrasts and textures, the black border is a great touch

hpulley
06-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Canada Post has been legislated back to work (still must pass the Senate rubber stamp) so hopefully us Canucks can get our cards out soon! That does mean, however, I need to finish my address label printing of them...

rst
06-26-2011, 11:38 AM
My postcards are ready to go out tomorrow. This time I lifted myself to what I call the next level of dedication. Whenever I got a postcard which was written by hand I thought - yeah, I should do it that way too, it just like a postcard should be. So this is the first time that I did not use any labels, but wrote everything by hand. And since writing on RC paper is not that much fun I decided to use FB paper instead with all the hassle of getting it flat. Well, honestly, getting them flat just needs a bit of a wait. So that is not that bad. And the fingers of my hand also slowly recover ...

Cheers
Ruediger

semeuse
06-28-2011, 08:12 AM
I wrote mine out because my printer always jams labels - it's old and cranky. Besides, I figured I'd keep things all analog. Hmmm, now that I think about that, isn't printing address labels an analog for hand writing ;) ?

threemilesfinal
06-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Canada Post has been legislated back to work (still must pass the Senate rubber stamp) so hopefully us Canucks can get our cards out soon! That does mean, however, I need to finish my address label printing of them...

about time too eh?

was even more frustrating as my two rolls i shot for this were in transit back from the Lab when the dispute started.

hopefully they will arrive soon and i too can get them done! :)

hpulley
06-29-2011, 07:51 PM
I got the lovely color Gilbert's Bar from Kris today. Thanks!

And I must admit, I went for the MAX this time partly because I didn't get Mike Wilde's 3-pack last time! The Stage and Shanty is nice with the white on the wall and the shadow, nice super glossy but really lightweight paper wow. The glossy warmtone Ilford seems lighter than the RC WT I'm used to, I'll have to compare; I live nearby so I know the denizens of Queen Anne's lace well. Like others my favorite is the Indiatone paper, beautiful old stuff, lovely tones. Thanks!

No, I haven't printed my labels yet. I printed on somewhat flimsy paper so I fear if I don't have labels I'll need to use envelopes or they won't make it. Soon, soon... sorry, sorry...

threemilesfinal
06-29-2011, 07:58 PM
^ Me too! I really like the cross-processed Gilbert's Bar scene.

piu58
06-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Yesterday I received Rüdiger's Heidelberg shot. Very nice indeed. It was printed on Adox Fineprint Classic - a fine paper.
Vielen Dank und immer gutes Licht.
--
Uwe

ccross
06-30-2011, 12:55 AM
Hello all,

Canada Post back to work, my cards in the mail today, on vacation next two weeks...life's good.

Hope you all enjoy!

Craig

hpulley
07-02-2011, 07:54 AM
I got Roger Thoms' "Yard Office" yesterday, thanks! Great contrast and tones. For a small print it looks really good even from a long viewing distance.